Bit Boy!! Coming to Europe July 3rd

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Bplus' newest WiiWare title hits the European WiiWare service on Friday.

Austrian developer Bplus has just announced that their newest WiiWare title Bit Boy!! will be released in Europe on July 3rd. The title will retail for 600 Nintendo Points. The US version of the game is currently still in check at Nintendo, but Bplus assures us that a North American release date should be coming soon and the game is still on tap for a July 2009 release.

Bit Boy!!, is a totally new kind of game mix in which one-pixel-hero Kubi rushes through the whole history of videogames in order to save his pixel pals.

Players accompany Kubi in this totally crazy-pixellated retro journey and battle hordes of nasty monsters in:

• 4-bit dungeons
  • 8-bit caves
  • 16-bit strongholds
  • 32-bit mazes
  • 64-bit arenas
  • 128-bit worlds

Players can grab a pal for even more fun in the cooperative mode.
The Wii Remote is your joystick – the arcade adventure begins.

We'll have more information on Bit Boy!! as it becomes available, as well as a full review when it hits the WiiWare service on July 3rd.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Well this is one that I am looking forward to. The price looks good and I like the concept. Lets hope that Bplus deliver the goods with this one.

gameking23

gameking23 said:

At least with this game comming out in Europe first the review will come out sooner. Which means I can make up my mind on wether to buy this game or not.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@gameking #9:
My sentiments exactly. Fingers crossed, though...I have 1,000 points left to spend.

Oh wait...Core comes out Monday.

Nevermind.

timp29

timp29 said:

Hmmm what does this mean for hanabi? Is it delayed or alongside wiiware releases? And if is alongside does this mean reduced foreign vc content? Perhaps our hanabi festival will have a paltry 6 games or something...

BL_Donth

BL_Donth said:

Bit Trip Core is coming to North America on July 6th, correct me if I'm wrong. But with the number of Wiiware games we've been getting lately.We never know.

y2josh

y2josh said:

They may be experimenting with the lower price on this one :) I'll probably buy it if it gets 6 or better.

Objection

Objection said:

Nice price and interesting premise but I'm not sold on the simplistic gameplay yet.

Machu

Machu said:

I need 100 more points grr! Usually I would NOT buy another 2000 just for that 100, but in this case, I shall. Can't wait to play this, can't wait to hear the game music, coz the tune in the trailer rocks!

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

Yay! If I get a Nintendo Points Card for my birthday, I would buy this game, Wordl of Goo, and still have 100 WP left!

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

It's amazing how B+ manages to hype people up time and time again when it's most likely that the game is a pile of arse served on an arse tablet.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Only 600 points though! I paid that much for Super Shinobi; this looks far more interesting...

Ikki80

Ikki80 said:

@Chibi Link
Your prediction is not necessarily true,according to other country Nintendo sites:
1)Last Week in that List there was LIT with "New" icon and it's not out yet in EU
2)In that list also Overturn had the "New" icon and a release date (may 2009) and it's not out yet.

Crazed

Crazed said:

This is a game that I don't know whether to get this or not (when it comes.) Hopefully the review will relieve my "stress".

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I hope TV Show King 2 will be out VERY soon after being PEGI / OFLC rated.
Oh, and here's a little something for those of you who don't have the points for Bit Boy!! tomorrow...