Wii Forum

Topic: Zelda: Skyward Sword arrives

Showing 59 to 78 of 81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moonshine311

59. Posted:

twilight princess,ocarina of time,and skyrim are or will be the best zelda games ever made

moonshine311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

60. Posted:

Phil Koller Tweeted that Game Informer gave it a 10.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/11/04/a-sneak...

Edited on by shingi_70

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dynetheous

61. Posted:

skyrim is not a zelda game @moonshine311

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shadow100

62. Posted:

Backloggery | Now Playing

Twitter: shdw100

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

63. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

Rukiafan wrote:

@Corbs I was just wondering as a person who really wants to play this game.....is it a dual layered dvd?
My Wii is a launch Wii that has the defect that many older Wii's have that doesn't allow it to read dual layered discs, so I won't be able to play it if it is dual layered :cry:

Aww, you should have sent it in to Nintendo when Brawl came out... That's what I did.
Now dual-layered discs have worked perfectly ever since.

Oh, and don't take my word for it because I really don't know, but my guess would be that it is on a dual-layered disc, going by how much content appears to be in the game. That's just a guess.

I bought my Wii used at GameStop a few years ago. After a few months it wouldn't read Smash Bros. Brawl, so I sent it in to Nintendo to get it fixed.

Now a whole year later, I'm getting those disc read error messages again. All my other games except Brawl work. Damn it! Now I have to send in my Wii again...

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TanookiSteven

64. Posted:

Sorry, I'll be taking that later on.

TanookiSteven

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5064-9233 | Nintendo Network ID: TanookiSteven | Twitter: TanookiSteven

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblebuzzz

65. Posted:

I'm more excited for Super Mario 3D Land. I was confused at first as to why Skyward Sword seems like this also-ran to me till I deduced what the deal is — it's on the Wii, a dusty old system I've not played in quite a while. 3D Land is for the 3DS, a system I play with often (because it's new), even though game wise it's lacking. This fact makes the new Mario game all the much more exciting since it's kind of the first "real" game for 3DS developed by Nintendo. It just seems to me like they're releasing Skyward Sword onto a dead platform that a lot of people have moved on from. I almost wish they had waited to put it out on the Wii U so that a.) it would be a launch title for a new system and b.) so it would drum up interest for said new system because as it stands right now, not so interested in the Wii U either. It's gonna take games to sell that one to me and Skyward Sword probably would have done it. Will it make me turn my Wii back on? Yeah, probably at some point, but not on launch day.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

66. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I bought my Wii used at GameStop a few years ago. After a few months it wouldn't read Smash Bros. Brawl, so I sent it in to Nintendo to get it fixed.

Now a whole year later, I'm getting those disc read error messages again. All my other games except Brawl work. Damn it! Now I have to send in my Wii again...

Ah, that really sucks... Hope you get it fixed for good this time.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperToad

67. Posted:

Mully wrote:

I almost wish they had waited to put it out on the Wii U so that a.) it would be a launch title for a new system and b.) so it would drum up interest for said new system because as it stands right now, not so interested in the Wii U either. It's gonna take games to sell that one to me and Skyward Sword probably would have done it. Will it make me turn my Wii back on? Yeah, probably at some point, but not on launch day.

Wii U can play Wii games.

SuperToad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

68. Posted:

@Tendoboy1984

Why not just sell your used Wii and some other games you don't want and put that towards a GCN-less newly designed Wii. :p
the amount of money your spending to send your Wii in again while not being able to play Brawl could of got you a brand new Wii including the money you spent on a used one. :p

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

69. Posted:

Shadow100 wrote:

I really dug how the swords fell through the sky and crash landed into peoples living rooms. :p
Too bad they hardly showed off the most important thing here, ahem* the game! :p

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperToad

70. Posted:

Link finished the finishing blow before the player did. Whoa!

SuperToad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblebuzzz

71. Posted:

@SuperToad, Yeah, I know it will be able to play Wii games but had it been a Wii U exclusive launch title, I'd probably be more excited for both the game and the Wii U is the point I was trying to make.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperToad

72. Posted:

Yeah, but it's just unlikely that there will not be an actual Wii U game that can justify the purchase. It would help the launch, yes. We don't know if it will have a good launch game or not. It's been five years since Twilight Princess, and to suspend it any longer for the sake of helping the Wii U launch, I do not want.

SuperToad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

73. Posted:

Usagi-san wrote:

I don't get it. Why does skyrim pop up every now and again in relation to skyward sword? The names aren't that similar and whenever I google it they're two very differant games. I'm confused.

Its cause thats the closest that jealous Microsoft fanboys can compare Skyward Sword to to make themselves feel all good.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

74. Posted:

So I read the spoilers as someone got the text dump from the whole game. its epic and connects everything together mostly.

HYPE

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

75. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

So I read the spoilers as someone got the text dump from the whole game. its epic and connects everything together mostly.

WAIT WHAT

does that mean what I think it means?!

actually don't answer that, I hate spoilers

HYPE

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

76. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

So I read the spoilers as someone got the text dump from the whole game. its epic and connects everything together mostly.

WAIT WHAT

does that mean what I think it means?!

actually don't answer that, I hate spoilers

HYPE

what do you think?

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

77. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Tendoboy1984

Why not just sell your used Wii and some other games you don't want and put that towards a GCN-less newly designed Wii. :p
the amount of money your spending to send your Wii in again while not being able to play Brawl could of got you a brand new Wii including the money you spent on a used one. :p

I already filled out the repair order. Since Brawl is the only game that doesn't work, I'm getting the Wii repaired for free. I guess Nintendo still honors that old "free repair if Brawl doesn't work" thing. It's a good way to exploit the repair process and avoid any fees. ;)

And I was considering buying a new Wii, but then I'd lose all my save data and Wii Shop downloads. Unless there's a way to transfer it (without hacking)...

QUESTION 1: If I buy a new Wii and link it to my Club Nintendo account, will I be able to re-download all my stuff at no cost?

QUESTION 2: Do the new Wiis have better-quality disc drives? Or do they still have problems reading dual-layer discs?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

78. Posted:

Hey so I heard this game is gonna be lame; it only has a 95 on Metacritic. All the good games have 96s or higher, just ask Skyrim.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin