Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,080

Spoony_Tech

Machu wrote:

I know quite a few people (mostly ones who hardly touch their Wiis) who have pre-ordered this and are waiting to be taken back to the good old days. I, however, think it's gonna suck. I hope I'm wrong

@NL: When can we expect a review? Pre-release? Please!

Are you getting this I missed out on hunting with you in monster hunter!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Machu

@Tech101: I'll play it on launch day with ma bro and see what I think. If it's good, I'll be all over it. If not, I'll cry.

well, not cry, but definitely facepalm for an extended period of time

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Oregano

Machu wrote:

I know quite a few people (mostly ones who hardly touch their Wiis) who have pre-ordered this and are waiting to be taken back to the good old days. I, however, think it's gonna suck. I hope I'm wrong

Yeh, there's been a surprising amount of attention for this. I've seen a whole bunch of people who don't play their Wiis(and some that don't own any) saying they'll be getting the game. It's somewhat depressing for Bloodstone because it's getting no attention and it probably cost quite a bit more to make... If Bizarre has another bomb I can see them being shut down too.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Spoony_Tech

LOL what's bloodstone?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Oregano

The PS3/360/PC Bond game made by Bizarre Creations. It's like Everything or Nothing. It's been largely ignored. Bizarre Creations' last game, Blur, only sold 31K in its first month.

Oh but the DS gets both Bloodstone and Goldeneye! Both by n-space and released on the same day!

Edited on by Oregano

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

JonWahlgren

Machu wrote:

The embargo lifts Tuesday, so expect a flood of reviews that day. Some other outlet might have an early exclusive, I don't know, but look for ours Tuesday, possibly Wednesday if the post office is a gremlin.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

Machu

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know.

Rawr!

romulux

Kid_A wrote:

there aren't any FPS on any console that allow you to freeze the screen in place while you aim around.

corruption, conduit, and red steel 2 do (pretty much every wii FPS).

Tech101 wrote:

My question is why Not Wii remote plus options!! I mean they did make the dumb thing for this type of game right!!

no. there's not much the plus can add to games based on the IR camera, nor is there much they should add, since you don't want to be shaking a controller around while aiming. conduit 2 supports it for better off screen turning, but in all honesty that's a pretty mundane feature.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Burny

@552:

I don't think it's that mundane. Everything that adds to the control scheme feeling more natural should be a given, once someone has introduced it.

When you point off screen with the Wii Remote, the pointer disappears and it is unclear how the game should proceed. The game might just keep the player character turning to where the pointer left the screen, but neither can it adjust the speed to how far from the screen the pointer is, nor can it react to any position changes to the Wiimote while the pointer is off the screen. Additionally, when the pointer reenters the screen it always takes an awkward split second to adjust to the new position.

With M+'s ability to measure rotation of the Wiimote to a certain degree, it should be possible to make a pretty close estimation of what is happening while the Wiimote isn't pointed at the screen.

I don't consider the lack of M+ support game-breaking and don't know how it works out for Conduit 2, but like voice chat it's probably a nice feature to have.

Edited on by Burny

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

CanisWolfred

Burny wrote:

@552:

I don't think it's that mundane. Everything that adds to the control scheme feeling more natural should be a given, once someone has introduced it.

When you point off screen with the Wii Remote, the pointer disappears and it is unclear how the game game should proceed. The game might just keep the player character turning to where the pointer left the screen, but neither can it adjust the speed to how far from the screen the pointer is, nor can it react to any position changes to the Wiimote while the pointer is off the screen. Additionally, when the pointer reenters the screen it always takes an awkward split second to adjust to the new position.

With M+'s ability to measure rotation of the Wiimote to a certain degree, it should be possible to make a pretty close estimation of what is happening while the Wiimote isn't pointed at the screen.

I don't consider the lack of M+ support game-breaking and don't know how it works out for Conduit 2, but like voice chat it's probably a nice feature to have.

Wow, I never quite realized how much of an improvement it could be. The fact that the game loses you when you're pointing off screen is what turns me off of a lot of the Wii's FPSes. I hope more games impliment a feature like that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JonWahlgren

Red Steel 2 does this already. Try it out and see how it feels. Personally I dig it, it's very helpful.

JonWahlgren

CanisWolfred

Jon Wahlgren wrote:

Red Steel 2 does this already. Try it out and see how it feels. Personally I dig it, it's very helpful.

Never played it with the Wii Motion Plus. I'll have to try that some time if I ever get that useless piece of plastic (which will probably be when it's no longer useless).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

romulux

Burny wrote:

@552:
I don't think it's that mundane. Everything that adds to the control scheme feeling more natural should be a given

i didn't mean mundane as in "not worthwhile", i just meant it's not something that'll exactly turn the controls on their head. i use a tight dead zone and never aim anywhere near off screen anyway, so to me it makes no difference. that said, if i try conduit 2 of course i'll use that feature but the point is that it's a modest improvement at best, since there's not much room for improvement with the current wiimote shooter setup.

Gamesake

vonseux wrote:

don't call the motion plus useless if you haven't try the awesome Red Steel 2, and don't forget Zelda is comming!

I'm very excited for Skyward Sword and more Wii Motion Plus games, but I have played Red Steel 2 with Wii Motion and it was not awesome. The only time you see 1:1 motion controls is when you block attacks with your sword-which is never.

...in my pants.

Marvelousmoo

Does anybody know if the online is splitscreen? I doubt it, because no games seem to ever do that (probably just so that the developers make more money on more game copies...), but I'm still hoping for it.

Marvelousmoo

HolyMackerel

@Marvelousmoo I highly doubt online multiplay will be splitscreen. That would be, well, silly. The only reason they had to resort to splitscreen in the N64 game was so you could play with your friends on one TV. In online multiplayer, everyone has their own TV. Having a full screen's worth of a game is way better than only getting a quarter of the screen, especially on a standard-definition console like the Wii.

Not to mention how much it would ruin the game to know where everyone else was by peeking at their screens. And then problems with lag could cause weird desyncs to happen on the other players' screens.

EDIT: Well for competitive play anyway, not co-op.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

romulux

i'm pretty sure it's not. not even the HD systems offer that, even though that would make online 10x funner.

JonWahlgren

I think he means being able to play online with a friend on the same screen. Some HD games do online split-screen play, I know Black Ops, Halo and Left 4 Dead do, but yeah not sure about that here. I'd say no, but I really have no idea.

JonWahlgren

hulklol123456789

I don't get the idea about online split screen, its like playing with your friend and with online people at the same time? Or is showing all people split screen, if its the second, why will people want that??? I want a bigger screen, and with online splitscreen these can't be a 8-players match.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Kid_A

hulklol123456789 wrote:

I don't get the idea about online split screen, its like playing with your friend and with online people at the same time?

Yep. And it's awesome! What's not to get?

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.