Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,080

HolyMackerel

Ohhh I get it. Yeah that's awesome. Like how in MK Wii you can play with a friend on one Wii, and race together with other people online too. Hope they include it!

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Marvelousmoo

Uhh, I like split screen because I play with friends. Its a lot more fun to play with friends than sit on your couch all alone pretending that you have friends. Don't you love having LAN parties with people--put four people in a room with one console and one game? I play video games for fun--they aren't a lifestyle to me like they are to most of the world today. Video games are such a serious thing with these people. I just love to laugh and joke with friends in the same room. I don't care about voice chat, it just isn't the same. MWR was 100 times more fun when my friends and I put four TVs in the same room, instead of playing by ourselves. If goldeneye does not have online splitscreen, I won't be spending much time online.

Oh, and about the graphics. Who Cares? If I'm having way more fun with four people in the same room, I don't care about graphics. I hate it when video gaming becomes such a serious and monotonous event.

Edited on by Marvelousmoo

Marvelousmoo

hulklol123456789

Marvelousmoo wrote:

Don't you love having LAN parties with people--put four people in a room with one console and one game?

Hahaha, yes, specially when your playing with your friend Counter Strike LAN in the german lesson while pretending you are doing the work

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Spoony_Tech

I for one would enjoy split screen online play but obviously only for two people as the screen just gets to small any other way! On a 46 in it wouldn't be to bad!!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kid_A

I really wish more games would use online split screen. Very few shooters--on any console--really utilize it.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Oregano

Launch trailer. Looks fantastic and it shows the difference between split screen and other modes graphically.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Marvelousmoo

Kid_A wrote:

I really wish more games would use online split screen. Very few shooters--on any console--really utilize it.

I agree. I think that when Conduit 2 was first announced, HV said that it would, but who knows anymore. Condut 2 is supposed to have 12 people online in a match, and 12 is divisible by four. That leads me to think that splitscreen on Goldeneye is still a slight possibility--a tiny smidgen of hope--since Goldeneye has 8 players online.

Marvelousmoo

Platypus

Kid_A wrote:

There is a cheating problem if your doing free for all the other person can help you.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Marvelousmoo

soccer686 wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

There is a cheating problem if your doing free for all the other person can help you.

I see your point. Aw why do the morons have to ruin it for the rest of us? Why would you cheat to win? I thought video games were supposed to be a fun thing, not something you have to win at all the time. At least make it team based or something.

Marvelousmoo

Deviant_Mugen

Anyone know of any good pre-order incentives for GoldenEye? I was interested in the CC Pro bundle from GameStop, until I found out it's $70, and the other day at Target I saw that you get a $5 gift card for reserving the game there (not much, but it's something). Anyone else planning to/already pre-order?

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

irken004

Metroid_Fan wrote:

Anyone know of any good pre-order incentives for GoldenEye? I was interested in the CC Pro bundle from GameStop, until I found out it's $70, and the other day at Target I saw that you get a $5 gift card for reserving the game there (not much, but it's something). Anyone else planning to/already pre-order?

I think that Target deal is your best choice. Surprisingly, I haven't seen many preorder bonuses for the game.

Deviant_Mugen

@irken: I'll probably go with the Target deal, especially since it only costs $1 to pre-order (now I just need for that check to actually arrive)...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Marvelousmoo

There is other unlockable gameplay modes with gamestop and bestbuy, but they aren't that great, and you can play them no matter what starting next year, so they don't really matter. I just pre-ordered it from gamestop, because that is the store I buy games from. None of the bonuses sounded great.

Marvelousmoo

romulux

DOES IT FRIGGIN' HAVE BOTS OR NOT ACTIVISION? http://www.montrealgazette.com/videos/index.html?v=1629156049...

according to this video it does. i'm excited even if it doesn't, since the point is playing with actual friends in the same room, but still... bots add a lot even when playing with someone else. there's also some new footage in general in that video.

just one more day without goldeneye. i don't want to do what i did with other m and read a bunch of reviews beforehand, so i'm glad that embargo is up. (in fact, i think other m turned me off to the concept of reviews in general )

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

One more day to go and my check still hasn't arrived! If it's not in my mailbox by the time I wake up, I'm going to be pissed...

Crosses fingers for bot functionality in splitscreen

Kid_A

I can't believe there aren't any reviews up yet. The embargo must be until tonight or something.

Oregano

Well Jon said that the review from here will be up tomorrow... so I guess it's like other Activision games where the embargo is there until release date. I heard that IGN's review is supposed to be posted today though.shrugs

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Kid_A

That's something I'll never understand. Why would you intentionally hold back hype for your game? Let the reviews roll out a little early, generate some buzz!
Silly Activision, embargos are for kids!

Oregano

I think it's just so potential early adopters(more day1 adopters) aren't convinced to cancel pre-orders if it turns out worse than expected... it's not always obvious how a game will be received.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.