Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Woolly World - OT

Posts 541 to 560 of 732

VanillaLake

@Pahvi: Difficult question. I've played all Yoshi games, including rare stuff like Yoshi's Safari and Yoshi's Universal Gravitation. I'd say most of the Yoshi games are mediocre. The only two that stand out are Yoshi's Island (SNES) and Yoshi's Woolly World. I can appreciate Yoshi's Woolly World because they took the best of the series origin, some stuff from other titles and original ideas and put it all in the same game. The visuals and the soundtrack from Yoshi's Woolly World are also the best to date. About the controls, both the GamePad and Wii U pro controller are not the most precise Nintendo controllers (the buttons feel loose), but if you can play with a Wii classic/pro/SNES controller it gets much better. The way Yoshi jumps is perfectly fine, as it was in the first game, but that's my opinion. On the other hand, the way Mario controls in the New Super Mario Bros. series is much worse than it was in Super Mario World.

Edited on by VanillaLake

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

whodatninja

I hope there will be a bundle with the Mega Yoshi Amiibo and the game included!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

jariw

whodatninja wrote:

I hope there will be a bundle with the Mega Yoshi Amiibo and the game included!

But... wouldn't such a game just be playable on a Mega Drive...?

jariw

Eel

Yay, my preorder of the amiibo bundle is already on it's way.

Amazon says it'll be here on the 26th... Though seeing how they shipped it so early, I'm inclined to believe it will arrive before that.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

luisesteban

Today, when I get back from work, I'll play this game

luisesteban

jariw

It's a very fun and rewarding game, if you're going for 100% without using Youtube. 5-S is a pretty amazing course for being in a 2D platformer with Yoshi. Don't spoil it by looking at videos of it before you actually play it.

jariw

RoomB31

Awesome! Can't wait, going to pick it up Saturday

Mr. B
https://roomb31.etsy.com

luisesteban

Way better playing it with company

luisesteban

Eel

My preorder is already in a city just two hours away from me (by car). If things go swift I may even get it today.

Probably tomorrow. But I can dream.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VanillaLake

Tsurii wrote:

I really hope a lot people get and enjoy Woolly World. It's become one of my favorites and I think the game really deserves a spot in the top 10 (at least) Wii U games, it's, in my opinion, easily on the same level as SMW2: Yoshi's Island in terms of quality and charm.

I agree. It took a lot of Yoshi games though!

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Luna_110

I just came back from my game store with Woolly World and the three amiibos. Now I'm off to play for the whole weekend! The amiibos are the cutest thing ever.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Eel

pikminfan22 wrote:

I took a quiz on the website for the game and apparently I'm Circus Yoshi! lol ;D I need to buy this game, though! Kinda regret buying Chibi Robo now :/ .. lol

I got Moo Moo Yoshi, which is actually one of my favorite patterns.

MOO MOO YOSHI

You like to relax in the fields with the yarn butterflies and windmills. Those can really get moo-ving on a gusty day!

Bloop.

Ryu_Niiyama

This game and its amiibo are going to give me diabetes...how can it be so cute?!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

I finally got my bundle. The Amiibo is adorable, and so is the game.

It gets a bit hard in the castles though. But it's definitely better than the other Yoshi Islands I've played.

Bloop.

BurningSonic

When I put the Smash Bros Yoshi amiibo in the amiibo hut, it didn't give me the costume. Any ideas why?

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Eel

BurningSonic wrote:

When I put the Smash Bros Yoshi amiibo in the amiibo hut, it didn't give me the costume. Any ideas why?

The smash/party yoshi amiibo counts as a limited yarn Yoshi amiibo. To get his costume, you need to tap the Amiibo during a level and let him join you.

The difference from the yarn Yoshi amiibos is that those can store a pattern in the NFC chip (for example, mine has the moo moo pattern) and regular Yoshi can't, it is always regular Yoshi.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

Talking about amiibos, I have been finding mine to be pretty useful to complete the levels with 20 hearts. I can just let one of my yoshis get them and then carry it around safely as a yarn ball.

Of course, using both at the same time is a bit confusing, but since one is usually a yarn ball, it's like using two different patterns with a single Yoshi.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic