Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U - Worst System Name in History?

Showing 101 to 120 of 248

AuthorMessage

pixelman

101. Posted:

I'm warming up to it.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

TheAmazingRaccoon

102. Posted:

I threw up in my mouth when he said the name. What were they thinking. Even just U would have been infinitely better.

It's just an empty pot...
No, wait!
There's something at the bottom!
It's just somebody's gum...

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

103. Posted:

TheAmazingRaccoon wrote:

I threw up in my mouth when he said the name. What were they thinking. Even just U would have been infinitely better.

As soon as they announced it I predicted people would just call it "Nintendo U".

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Hokori

104. Posted:

Wii U isnt the worst name, remember 3DO, N-Gadge, 360. those are the worst names for a console

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

105. Posted:

supermario75 wrote:

Funky_Gamer wrote:

Its just a name.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Seriously, why are you judging a console by its NAME???
Mabye you should judge it based on something like its...features? Just an idea...

What is this logic doing in my internet? I need my made up nonsense and overreacting back! :(

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

106. Posted:

When you think about it, N64 wasn't that great of a name either. Although XBOX 360 is by far the worst as far as successful consoles go....But the Wii U is just weak....It's something Catthy Dunway would muster up in that rooster headed noggin of hers.

"ALRRRRRRIGGGGHTTTT"

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

107. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

When you think about it, N64 wasn't that great of a name either. Although XBOX 360 is by far the worst as far as successful consoles go....But the Wii U is just weak....It's something Catthy Dunway would muster up in that rooster headed noggin of hers.

"ALRRRRRRIGGGGHTTTT"

xbox 360 is a good name. granted xbox sucked 360 added alot to the brand.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

108. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

"ALRRRRRRIGGGGHTTTT"

xbox 360 is a good name. granted xbox sucked 360 added alot to the brand.

But the name itself is terrible.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

109. Posted:

Untitled

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Lan

110. Posted:

The Wii was meant to signify two people playing together. the "ii" is supposed to be teo people next to each other. the wii was aimed more at delivering multiplayer and casual games. with the addition of "U", the console is not only aimed at casual multiplayer titles, but also delivering a great single-player experience, and the "U" is pointed at you, the single gamer, not you and your grandma

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

neetyneety

111. Posted:

I personally think it should have been called the Neo Nintendo Nexus. But that's just me. :)

FC - 1977-0247-0120
Call me Naoya. (guess from what SMT game I took that name from :D)
I have Mario 3D, MK7, RE:Mercs, Blazblue, OoT3D, DoA Dimensions~
waiting for KH 3D and MH Tri G (english of course :3)
"I'd rather betray the world than have the world betray me!"

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

112. Posted:

Get ready for Nintendo's next console in 2017 called Nintendo They lol

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

113. Posted:

A) It makes sense, even though it is pretty predictable.
B) I'd rather just 'U' be the system's name, but besides being impractical and annoying, it doesn't describe the console as well as Wii U does.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

JayceJa

114. Posted:

as an evolution of the wii, it makes sense as being the wii u, its a much better name than wii 2, or xbox 360, or playstation 3, but i would have preferred an original name

like i said though, its not my favorite name, but it makes sense, and i dont have any problems with it

JayceJa

AuthorMessage

ASDFGHJKL

115. Posted:

I also wish they would have just called it the "U".

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage

brooks83

116. Posted:

The name is growing on me, but at the same time I can't help but feel it is a bit of an oxymoron. Wii was meant like "we play together", but U to me implies "you play alone". I dunno, maybe I'm putting too much thought into it.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Tim_Slim

117. Posted:

I always thought 'wii' meant 'for everyone/we all can play'

so does the new name mean its for everyone and just for you too?

edit: I just read your post brooks...it seems I agree

Edited on by Tim_Slim

Tim_Slim

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

118. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Get ready for Nintendo's next console in 2017 called Nintendo They lol

I think it will be called the Wii Yo, to target Nintendo's more urban gamers.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Shuokaimana

119. Posted:

Didn't we go through this when the Wii itself was still new? Get over it people. You know damn well you'll play the thing regardless of the name and a couple years down the road you won't even care. You'll roll your eyes at all the immature little fanboys making such stupid jokes "ha ha it's a toilet joke name". Screw the wait, I'm doing that eye-rolling right now.

I agree that it wouldn't have been the name I voted for, but so what? I own a bloody Wonderswan. There's an epic name if ever there was one.

Yup, I have one too: http://backloggery.com/shuokaimana

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

120. Posted:

At first i thought that the name was utterly awful, but then i suppose a name's a name, it won't affect your experience of the console. The only thing i worry about is that they say they are trying to recapture hardcore gamers.Obviously Nintendo have hardcore gamers as most of us on here (including myself) would class myself as having a vast encyclopedia of gaming knowledge, but i highly doubt something like Wii U could recapture hardcore gamers, you could just imagine people going, 'You have a Wii U? How gay'

It just seems like a name that people will stick their nose up and think that it's just for young kids and babies for basically nothing but educational games. I don't mind personally, as i know that all that is just rubbish, but i don't think Nintendo will be able o do what they said they were setting out to do with Wii U.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze