Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U - Worst System Name in History?

Showing 221 to 240 of 248

AuthorMessage

0megapit231

221. Posted:

Demonic wrote:

I wanted to see a Wii 2, better motion control, way more power to stop the dumbed down third-party titles, etc. Instead most are still baffled as to what this think actually is, and lots of people thought that the controller was an add-on to the Wii! It felt like a poor, rushed presentation that left more question than answers, and not in the intriguing way. I really hope that time changes all of this, but I'm really disappointed in what I've seen. :(

All of this basically, the only thing they showcased was pretty much the controller and you only got a small glimpse of the actual console when it was sitting in the corner tucked away and to be honest it looked like a Wii so I thought it was just a brand new controller for the Wii... wrong.

If they showed us what it could do then I'd be happy, but instead we get a half-arsed presentation and a "deep" look into the controller, I mean how will it work? How will it be incorporated? Will developers still incorporate the Wii remote? What does it do? How much is it going to be? I'm still baffled by Nintendo's E3, nothing spectacular for Skyward Sword, same for everything really.

I felt very disappointed when it was pretty much what the 3DS has to offer, their in the final phases for Skyward Sword, Wii U being released next year. I mean, where's the gameplay? Where's the talk about what's coming to Wii and 3DS? We got nothing pretty much.

True true but lets not forget that the 3DS was just released not long before E3 and NIntendo needed to show more of what the 3DS could offer also the Wii U announcement was because of leaks.

0megapit231

AuthorMessage

Terave

222. Posted:

So, let it be the worst name for a console ever, but just wait if it sells.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

Willerz

223. Posted:

Maybe it's just a name and people need to get over it? Honestly, some of the posts on this thread baffle me.

Twitter || Backloggery

3DS: 3780 - 9266 - 7113

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

224. Posted:

Nah, that goes to 3DS (sends the wrong message - sounds like "A DS in 3D!").

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Shotgunryugan

225. Posted:

I originally hated the name,but now i have grown accustomed to it.

3DS FC: 3625-8855-6496 PKMN X: Electric Safari: Pikachu/Pachirisu/Luxio
"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police."-SomeLikeItHoth

AuthorMessage

Nintendaholic

226. Posted:

look how the name wii turned out we all thought it was rediculous. but it grew on us. i have a feeling this is going to be the same thing

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

AuthorMessage

Tare

227. Posted:

I'm sure someone mentioned, but I'm going to go through an additional 10 pages.

In my books, "Wii-U", is much better than "Nintendo-64" which could easily be nominated for the worst name.
They just slapped some numbers onto their company name.

I don't concern myself with names though. Super Mario 3D land was awkward to say, but fun to play.

Who cares what they call it, as long as it's fun.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

228. Posted:

I still think Wii is rediculous and people never really did stop making fun of it (and really shouldn't either).

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

229. Posted:

wii U MAD BRO?

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

thebrickknight

230. Posted:

I love the name. For the most part all console names are stupid. Wii U let's consumers know its different than the Wii, and that's all it needs.

3DS CODE: 5069 - 3977 - 1846

AuthorMessage

Ryno

231. Posted:

Even after many moons have passed I still think that Wii U is the worst system name in history.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

232. Posted:

Ehhh, I'd still say XBOX and the XBOX 360 are the worst console names known to man, but Wii U no doubty' is right behind them. Nintendo should of resurrected the name "Neptune' from Sega's attempt at combining the Sega CD & 32 X into one console. :p Nintendo Neptune Ahhhh, how sweet it tis' Still, I'd opt for WiiDream.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

233. Posted:

@Waveboy: I think Neptune and WiiDream would be much better!

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

234. Posted:

I think they should have used the Revolution name from the Wiis development name.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

firearrow505

235. Posted:

Nope, SNES is the worst name

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

236. Posted:

firearrow505 wrote:

Nope, SNES is the worst name

How dare you! :p

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Chris720

237. Posted:

Well he has a point, it was a really long name and the shortened version doesn't incite awesomeness. However "Wii U" is just awful... police siren much?

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

238. Posted:

There was a rumor a while back(proved wrong) that the Wii U was going to be renamed the Wii Entertainment System. BLECH. Yeah, there could've been wose names. But I think the Wii U correctly conveys a more personal expirience, like intended. I think that for now, it's fine. But I won't show so much mercy if there is another Wii. Nintendo needs something that doesn't say "family," but HAS family games. A mixture, if you will.

8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!

My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi.

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

239. Posted:

That's one thing. We You. WHAT? That's what I first thought.

8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!

My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi.

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

Joshers744

240. Posted:

It is a little more original than, Playstation....Playstation 2...Playstation 3...

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
XBL : Jataylor744

My 3DS friend code is : 4639-9014-2585Online games i have right now : MK7, Mario Tennis O, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Animal Crossing : New Leaf

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744