Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U - Worst System Name in History?

Showing 121 to 140 of 247

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

121. Posted:

Haha! I'm totally stealing this gif for later use.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Funky_Gamer

122. Posted:

3DSneedsRPGs wrote:

At first i thought that the name was utterly awful, but then i suppose a name's a name, it won't affect your experience of the console. The only thing i worry about is that they say they are trying to recapture hardcore gamers.Obviously Nintendo have hardcore gamers as most of us on here (including myself) would class myself as having a vast encyclopedia of gaming knowledge, but i highly doubt something like Wii U could recapture hardcore gamers, you could just imagine people going, 'You have a Wii U? How gay'

It just seems like a name that people will stick their nose up and think that it's just for young kids and babies for basically nothing but educational games. I don't mind personally, as i know that all that is just rubbish, but i don't think Nintendo will be able o do what they said they were setting out to do with Wii U.

Because practically everyone hates Nintendo. I mean how many people (in person) do you know that have a 3DS compared to the # of people who have a PSP or a 360, or even a PS3 for that matter.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

AuthorMessage

brooks83

123. Posted:

Funky_Gamer wrote:

3DSneedsRPGs wrote:

At first i thought that the name was utterly awful, but then i suppose a name's a name, it won't affect your experience of the console. The only thing i worry about is that they say they are trying to recapture hardcore gamers.Obviously Nintendo have hardcore gamers as most of us on here (including myself) would class myself as having a vast encyclopedia of gaming knowledge, but i highly doubt something like Wii U could recapture hardcore gamers, you could just imagine people going, 'You have a Wii U? How gay'

It just seems like a name that people will stick their nose up and think that it's just for young kids and babies for basically nothing but educational games. I don't mind personally, as i know that all that is just rubbish, but i don't think Nintendo will be able o do what they said they were setting out to do with Wii U.

Because practically everyone hates Nintendo. I mean how many people (in person) do you know that have a 3DS compared to the # of people who have a PSP or a 360, or even a PS3 for that matter.

Most people I know in person that play video games have a Wii along side thier PS3 or 360. I don't know anyone in person who owns a 3DS or a PSP.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Late

124. Posted:

Funky_Gamer wrote:

3DSneedsRPGs wrote:

Not the best compare that you can make as 3DS is still a new console if we compare it to those others you listed, people still have time to get their own 3DS. And if everybody hates Nintendo, why does it sell more consoles than others? Have you taken a look at how well DS sold? DS and Game Boys have sold more than PSP, so I'd say that let's make a compare after few years when we have Vita to compare with.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

SigourneyBeaver

125. Posted:

Surely they'll launch with a black and white version this time. My only concern with the system is that they haven't given it a different style to the Wii. With the screen included, this controller looks like a toddler's first tablet. I was hoping for something that looked a bit more hi-tech.

Sigourney Beaver.

AuthorMessage

Sockymon

126. Posted:

Personally, I'd have gone with Wii HD but since Reggie didn't ask my opinion, they're stuck with Wii U now.

Sockymon

Twitter: Sockymon

AuthorMessage

GameInfinite

127. Posted:

I Still like the word Wii U.

Unlocked everything for Smash 3DS!
NNID:CokeAlign
N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

AuthorMessage

JimmyWhale

128. Posted:

I've decided I now love the name.

Why?

You can sing it to the tune of Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce!

"Wii U Wii U Wii U Wiii U, Wii U Wii U Wii U Wiii U, Wii U Wii U Wii U Wiiii U, Wii U Wii U Wii U Wiiii U (Miya-moto)"

Best video game song ever.

JimmyWhale

AuthorMessage

Knux

129. Posted:

Just when I thought that the Wii was the worst console name ever... :O

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

skywake

130. Posted:

Funky_Gamer wrote:

That's not really a fair comparison. The 3DS hasn't been out for very long at all.

but hey, I'll take your bait. I know of two other people who own a 3DS. I know of at least six who have said they want to get a 3DS for at least one of the games coming out this year (Paper Mario, Mario Kart, OoT 3D etc). I know of two people who have a PSP and one of those peoples I know wants a 3DS. I know of counts in head at least ten people who own a DS. Most of the people I know who I know own a 360 or PS3 also own a Wii and I know of more people who own a Wii but not a 360/PS3 than people who own a PS3/360 but not a Wii.

I really, really, highly doubt that most people hate Nintendo let alone everyone.

(edit) I am talking Australia here, it's different globally and in the US
Here the DS:PSP:3DS ratio is 45:10:1, Globally it's 50:23:1, in the US it's 55:22:1
i.e. in the US you'll see 22 PSPs and 55 DSes for every 1 3DS, in Australia it's 45 DSes and 10 PSPs.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

default12345

131. Posted:

@topic

I think Wii U is the perfect name for Nintendo's next generation console.

Let's face it, Nintendo were never going to shrug off motion control after the success of the Wii. It only makes sense to continue and build upon that solid platform. So based on their decision the name was never going to venture far from Wii.

I don't think people realise just what this new home console is capable of. If I were Sony or Microsoft I'd be worried, producing just another console that is a few hundred times more powerful than the last will not be enough.

default12345

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

132. Posted:

Wii Dream(oh...er I mean Driim.lol) would of sounded so much better. B-)

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

cheapogamer4life

133. Posted:

i'd guess they struggled with either Wii U or Wii Me. I think they made the right decision.

Edit: oh sorry, "Wii Mii". lol

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage

KingMike

134. Posted:

No, X-Box is still one of the worst names.
Microsoft chose to name their amazing new 2000s console with something that sounded like it escaped from the '90s. :P

Second is probably GameCube.
"Guys, we don't think Dolphin is going to cut it in the marketplace, so we need a new name."
"well, it plays games and the console is a cube. ... GameCube?"
"Brilliant!"
At least with Wii, they were able to make it sound like they gave serious thought to the name.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

135. Posted:

at least they didn't just go with 'Wii 2'... in Japanese, that'd make it 'Wii Ni'.
haha, weenie

... hope no one's pointed that out yet D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

pixelman

136. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

at least they didn't just go with 'Wii 2'... in Japanese, that'd make it 'Wii Ni'.
haha, weenie

It took 7 pages but this thread has finally reached hall of fame status.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

137. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

No, X-Box is still one of the worst names.
Microsoft chose to name their amazing new 2000s console with something that sounded like it escaped from the '90s. :P

Second is probably GameCube.
"Guys, we don't think Dolphin is going to cut it in the marketplace, so we need a new name."
"well, it plays games and the console is a cube. ... GameCube?"
"Brilliant!"
At least with Wii, they were able to make it sound like they gave serious thought to the name.

at least the name 'gamecube' covered 2 things: it WAS shaped like a cube and it played GAMES. Wii U is just open to sooooo many bad puns. i still think the name 'Wii' is stupid. 'Wii U' just adds the fun dimension of seeing how abused it will be.

Edited on by k8sMum

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

138. Posted:

That's tbd for ya :P

@Kingmike

Ah, Xbox. I remember about a month or two before Christmas of 2001, my cousin was excited and ran into my room saying "I'm getting a Gamecube and Xbox for christmas".

However, I didn't know that he actually said Xbox. I thought he said X-Pac.

The wrestler who used to be.. well, in WWF (now WWE). So, my reaction was "You're getting.. X-pac? For christmas? Uhm... Okay? A poster of him?" lololol I still laugh at it to this day. I imagined a cut-out cardboard picture of him. Yeh, that's something to get excited about when you're an a 9 year-old boy.. :P

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

139. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

haha, weenie

It took 7 pages but this thread has finally reached hall of fame status.

pff, slackers — why do I have to do everything around here? >:3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

140. Posted:

I agree--X-Box is still worse. It almost sounds like a parody of console titles. I'm not saying the X-Box is a bad system, but man is that a stupid name.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf