Forums

Topic: Wii U is better than people think

Posts 201 to 213 of 213

Sakura7

@1UP_MARIO Got Zelda BotW for £15 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for £6.50!

Sakura7

subpopz

bougti wrote:

Full disclosure, even though I liked the Wii U, it made it impossible for me to complete my life's mission of becoming a one console home. The Switch looks to continue that trend, sadly.

A one console home will always have you missing out on something.

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Grumblevolcano

@subpopz I think it was more about that if you don't care about Microsoft and Sony exclusives, a Nintendo console with fantastic 3rd party support and VC would allow you to only need 1 console. Wii U had one of those (fantastic VC) and Switch currently has neither.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheAwesomeBowser

subpopz wrote:

Was the Wii U better than people think? No, I don't believe so. Slow, clunky, gimmicky and lacking compared to it's competitors.

@subpopz This is a thread made for Wii U fans. Get outta here.

Check out my Mario Maker troll level! Level code: 4CDF-0000-03CE-3189
Steamed Hams!

TheAwesomeBowser

@the_shpydar But it's true. The Wii U really is a good console. (NOT SARCASM)

Steamed Hams!

subpopz

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

@subpopz This is a thread made for Wii U fans. Get outta here.

No, the original post for this thread was asking about the good games on Wii U and had you quoted my entire post, it went on to say that the games it had were good and questioned whether the quality of it's games was ever even called into question. Unfortunately, the Wii U's bad reputation, lack of marketing and ultimate failure led to many of those games not being played by many people, but the good thing is that the games were so good that many are receiving ports to get them out to more people.
And as I stated in a post further on in this thread, I liked the Wii U when it was the only Nintendo home console, but again that was mainly tied to the Nintendo games as it was the only way to play them. Do I think the Wii U itself was better than it's bad rep? No, but I do think the games were a lot better than people think. Now that they're on a hybrid system, I'd rather have them there. I'll keep my Wii U as I keep all my old consoles (I have others that shared similar doomed fates - Dreamcast, 3DO, etc..) and I'm sure there will be some exclusives or some of the few games that actually used the gamepad in a good way that won't get ported and it will remain the only way to play those games.
Clearly, the Wii U has it's fans who still like it and that's fine.

Edited on by subpopz

3DS -

SharkAttackU

Honestly, of Splatoon 1 had Salmon Run, i wouldnt need a Switch at all. I have BotW for both, beat it first on Wii U. I like SM3DW way better than Odyssey. Have MK8 for both.

I still have a large Wii U backlog.

SharkAttackU

subpopz

SharkAttackU wrote:

I have BotW for both, beat it first on Wii U. I like SM3DW way better than Odyssey. Have MK8 for both.

Same here and I fully agree on SM3DW. I'm really hoping it gets 'Switched' for portability.

3DS -

Darknyht

SharkAttackU wrote:

Honestly, of Splatoon 1 had Salmon Run, i wouldnt need a Switch at all.

Having only picked up Splatoon a month ago, I agree. I will be very sad when the online community dies out for Splatoon on Wii U as I am having a lot more fun with it than I thought I would.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht | Twitter:

TheAwesomeBowser

@subpopz Right, sorry.

Steamed Hams!

puNINTENDed

In my eyes the console itself wasn't bad. It had some really cool features. The touchpad was great. Playing with the TV off was great. Much less the console but Nintendo itself in the Wii U era. They made many bad moves to get back those casual gamers back from the Wii.

They made too many mediocre party games which had too many luck based mechanics and no strategy. Amiibo Festival of course being the worst of the bunch. I know a lot of people hated the shovelware on the Wii and these honestly felt like those games.

I think the linear mario games had well made levels but really didn't bring any new exotic thing to the table. They weren't awful games but what we really wanted was the next Sunshine or Galaxy type effort.

It wasn't really until like 2014-2015 when the system sellers from Nintendo finally started coming to the console and this was an era where they seem produce like 70% or 80% of the stuff on their console.

puNINTENDed

Darknyht

@HeroicTako I think the assumption was that everyone had Wiimotes from the Wii era, but controller issues did hurt it. While the Gamepad was available for Player 1, game requirements for player 2 were not consistent as some companies pushed the Wiimotes and others required pro controllers.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic