Forums

Topic: Wii U is better than people think

Posts 221 to 226 of 226

Yellowtails

Yoshi's Woolly World and Super Mario Maker was ported to the 3DS, and Sonic Lost World was ported to the PC. Super Mario 3D World, Windwaker HD, Twilight Princess HD, and other Wii U games could be possible Switch ports. Games like Super Mario Maker, Mario Tennis Wii U, and Smash Bros Wii U are basically obsolete at this point with better Switch sequels.

Yellowtails

Darknyht

@rallydefault There is no moving the goalposts, the truth is roughly half the major selling games on Switch come from the past. My statement was that Nintendo (and everyone else) was relying heavily on their back catalog, then pointed to the fact that roughly 50% of their best selling games are ports or regular rehashes of annual franchises. Just look at the list of games below and tell me that the console isn't seeing a lot of ports being celebrated as something great to get by Nintendo.

Payday 2,
Diablo III,
Doom,
Wolfenstein,
Skyrim,
Bayonetta 1 & 2,
Rocket League,
Resident Evil Revelations Collection
L.A. Noire,
Pokken Tournament,
Rayman Legends,
Minecraft,
Ultra Street Fighter II
Dark Souls
The World Ends With You
Resident Evil Origins Collection
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
Dragon's Dogma
Assassin's Creed III
Saint's Row III
Final Fantasy X/X2-HD,
Final Fantasy XII
Hyrule Warriors,
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Undertale,
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht | Twitter:

MaseSco

You forgot Mario Kart 8

(Wii U/3DS) NNID: MaseSco
Feel free to message me for multiplayer - I don't bite. :-) Always keen for some multiplayer

Darknyht

@MaseSco Yeah, and I can add Resident Evil 5 and 6, Collection of Mana, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Spyro Reignited Triology, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Dragon Quest XI, Elder Scrolls: Blades, Panzer Dragoon, Alien: Isolation, Witcher 3, Trials of Mana to that list after E3.

But, this is a trend that started with the Wii U for Nintendo. Because there were such long software droughts, the company had to sell and celebrate Virtual Console and remake releases like they were these amazing events. And don't get me wrong, I enjoy classic games. But the problem is their new console seems to heavily rely on them and it's only the second year of its life.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht | Twitter:

MaseSco

@Darknyht You're not wrong on either paragraph too. I do think that it started when the GameCube flunked and to cover development costs of some titles, they ported over to Wii games like Pikmin, P2, a Metroid game or two and maybe some others. Capcom naturally ported the RE games across too. So the trend was there. I'm just surprised that they released Wii VC on Wii U instead of HD'ing them.

(Wii U/3DS) NNID: MaseSco
Feel free to message me for multiplayer - I don't bite. :-) Always keen for some multiplayer

bestfancharles72

@Grumblevolcano my Nintendo Network ID is wellspring969 and my Switch friend code is SW-8016-1421-3828. Add me.

bestfancharles72

Switch Friend Code: SW-8016-1421-3828 | 3DS Friend Code: 2938-6688-6641 | My Nintendo: mvowin5477 | Nintendo Network ID: wellspring969

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic