Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,581 to 7,600 of 27,917

iKhan

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I the tedPandora s Tower, but then I heard That you are timed throughout the entire game. I think Shulk should be in the game.

Not the entire game. You are timed in the game's dungeons, but it's not nearly as bad as it sounds. Unlike most games that have deep elaborate dungeons, Pandora's Tower's dungeons are easy to enter and exit, especially because there are several shortcuts you can activate. So yes, you sometimes do have to leave the dungeon, but you can pretty much jump right back into the action. And the combat is really fun anyway. So even if you do have to refight an enemy, it's enjoyable.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

cookiex

All dat detail. <3

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Tsuchinoko

WaveBoy wrote:

I always felt that Giga mac in Punch-Out!! Wii was an ultra lame edition. He's got that Pre-Hulk Banner 'Joe & Mac' thing going on. Mac's super Smash move should of had 'Mario Referee' come out, blow his whistle, to call fourth King Hippo to swallow and gulp down your opponents whole. That or just beat the living sh** out of them.

Beat the living shoe out of them?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

ZurrrrBlattTron

WaveBoy wrote:

I always felt that Giga mac in Punch-Out!! Wii was an ultra lame edition. He's got that Pre-Hulk Banner 'Joe & Mac' thing going on. Mac's super Smash move should of had 'Mario Referee' come out, blow his whistle, to call fourth King Hippo to swallow and gulp down your opponents whole. That or just beat the living sh** out of them.

Beat the living show out of them?

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Captain_Toad

DestinyMan wrote:

I wonder if Sakurai will someday show Giga Bowser and his likely new look?

Heh, speaking of. I wonder if he be in a bonus boss in adventure mode again?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Blast

Sooooooooo.... who else wants a demo of this game? Just a tease???

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

FriedSquid

I guess I keep forgetting that E3 is just around the corner, but it would be nice if he could reveal another veteran sometime soon. There's been lots of filler updates ever since the Direct.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

LzWinky

Squid wrote:

I wouldn't count on it. I'm beginning to wonder if Shulk is even a safe bet for playable, so I would be very surprised if Pandora's Tower gets a playable fighter.

I don't really think Shulk is even a shoe-in

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Azooooz

There is some sort of graphical glitch behind Mario's head, in case you haven't noticed.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

19Robb92

Azooooz wrote:

There is some sort of graphical glitch behind Mario's head, in case you haven't noticed.

Pretty sure that's just a leaf blowing in the wind since they're on "Battlefield".

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

2Sang

Yeah the assist trophies do look pretty sweet this time around. I hope there's at least 10 more assists we haven't seen yet. I wonder if there will also be unlockable assist trophies like in brawl too.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

cookiex

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"This is the capsule for the Assist Trophies. It may emit rainbow-colored lights, or even blink. Even if there's something like a Color TV-Game 15 inside…."

Sakurai thinks of every little detail. <3

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Orngeblu

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I just found a way to play ssb4 with a gamecube controller. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BS520SG?pc_redir=1400377918&...
I'm gonna hold out until after e3 though. Never know they might announce a wii u style gc controller.

Edit: never mind I saw a review and the control stick has some lag. Bummer

Wouldn't the game have to be programmed to work with the GCC, or recognize it?

perhaps it's worth a try, but I'm sticking with my Wii Classic Controller Pro, hardly different from the GCC, I play consistently with it, and I'm sure it'll work with Smash 4. (Does with Pikmin 3, and Super Mario 3D world to my knowledge)

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

MegaStoneSmash91

Orngeblu wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I just found a way to play ssb4 with a gamecube controller. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BS520SG?pc_redir=1400377918&...
I'm gonna hold out until after e3 though. Never know they might announce a wii u style gc controller.

perhaps it's worth a try, but I'm sticking with my Wii Classic Controller Pro, hardly different from the GCC, I play consistently with it, and I'm sure it'll work with Smash 4. (Does with Pikmin 3, and Super Mario 3D world to my knowledge)

The Classic Controller Pro is what I started using when I played through Brawl again on my Wii U. Honestly, I don't miss the Gamecube controller much anymore. After trying and being disappointed with the Wiimote & nunchuck setup, the CCP is a breath of fresh air. After I found a good button configuration I was pretty much playing like I had been with the GCN controller. On Smash Bros. for Wii U, I may end up using the GamePad most of the time due to it's similar button layout. If it's out of power or someone else is using it, I'll break out the trusty CCP.

By the way, does anyone have anymore details on the Best Buy demo? Knowing what day(s) it will be available is must have information. A list of locations it's coming to would be great as well.

EDIT: The Pic of the Days were posted while I wrote the above content. Finally, some palatte swap costumes! I love the different costumes for Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, but I was wondering when we were going to see some more traditional costumes. It's great to see Fire Mario is back!

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

DreamyViridi

A small detail but a nice one as well. Sakurai could've easily skipped doing this but the fact that he didn't shows how much of a determined perfectionist he is. The palette swaps look great too, really like how Bowser's re-colour looks here; but you can't beat good ol' Fire Mario.

EDIT: Keep in mind that the post states that some characters will do this. Not everyone will have this effect.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

cookiex

Orngeblu wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I think it recognizes it as a CC Pro since it connects to your Wiimote.

cookiex

Shirma_Akayaku

DestinyMan wrote:

Who would be the exception to this new viewing angle change?

Mr. Game & Watch

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic