Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,601 to 7,620 of 27,917

Shirma_Akayaku

I guess Rosalina's bang won't block her face now that there's new animation edits.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

cookiex

Unless this angle change was integrated recently Olimar will be an exception:

Untitled
Untitled

(Pay attention to the buttons on his suit)

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

The attention of detail in this game...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

cookiex

Marth seems to be an exception as well:

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

cookiex

Also Link (since he's left-handed in canon):

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

2Sang

I think this is pretty cool, but I hope they have the option in the settings to have characters face away; as I'm not sure if I will like it in-game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

cookiex

And Pit:

Untitled
Untitled

(Note that he always uses the Upperdash Arm with his left hand).

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

HorseRenoir

I don't know if those are really exceptions, maybe when Sakurai posted those pics the mechanic wasn't in the game at that point. After all, apparently he hasn't figured out yet if the characters will attack with their tails with the Super Leaf.

FC : 4854-7211-6375
Friend Safari: Pancham,Riolu and Machoke.

DreamyViridi

Basically, any character that uses a weapon will most likely not have this change; like Link, Samus (duh) and Marth. Same probably goes for moves.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Orngeblu

That's really cool. Despite playing Brawl for a long time, I forgot, or didn't notice until he pointed out they were not mirrored in the previous versions.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

cookiex

LtAldoRaine wrote:

I don't know if those are really exceptions, maybe when Sakurai posted those pics the mechanic wasn't in the game at that point.

Actually I can prove that the mechanic was there from the beginning - or at least from when we first saw the game.

This is from the developer direct at E3 last year:
Untitled

I don't remember when exactly this pic was taken, but I think it was shortly after Marth was revealed and long before Rosalina was:
Untitled

Notice how Bowser's pose is mirrored just like in today's pic?

Untitled

Additionally, Sakurai mentioned that he mirrored some characters' arm positions so that for example Mario's chest would always be in the foreground, 'cause when he threw his fireball to the left in Brawl it went like this:
Untitled
There his chest is obscured since he extends his left arm and his back turns towards the screen.

But in this pic from the new game (shown last year) he throws his fireball in the same direction with his right arm, and with his chest fully visible, as Sakurai wanted:
Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Eel

Dudes, he said it was tedious because they didn't just mirror the character models, just their position.

Like Greninja's tongue in the pic exemplifies.

That means that all Olimar, Link, Marth, etc could be still "mirrored".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

cookiex

Since the NFP reciever for 3DS won't be available until next year I don't really see how it would work until then.

cookiex

iKhan

This might have been mentioned, but I'm not going through 435 pages of comments.

What are Lloyd Irving's chances? I think a fact that a lot of people overlook is that the Director of Tales of Symphonia, Yoshito Higuchi, is also co-directing Smash Bros with Sakurai. I honestly think that boosts Lloyd's chances quite a bit.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

iKhan wrote:

This might have been mentioned, but I'm not going through 435 pages of comments.

What are Lloyd Irving's chances? I think a fact that a lot of people overlook is that the Director of Tales of Symphonia, Yoshito Higuchi, is also co-directing Smash Bros with Sakurai. I honestly think that boosts Lloyd's chances quite a bit.

A Tales character could possibly be in the game if Namco actually gave the Wii U any Tales games. The 3DS has only seen Tales of the Abyss.

Master of the Hype Train

iKhan

Blast wrote:

iKhan wrote:

A Tales character could possibly be in the game if Namco actually gave the Wii U any Tales games. The 3DS has only seen Tales of the Abyss.

I don't believe the Wii ever saw any Metal Gear games. Anyway, there are no Tales games at all announced for any current gen home consoles, so it's a weak criteria to go by. The 3DS have the new Tales of the World and Tales of the Abyss.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Eel

Smash bros games tend to represent the previous generation.

Metal Gear was a highlight during the Game Cube era, so his inclusion in Brawl was justified.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Azooooz

In case you don't know yet, Nintendo announced a contest called Super Smash Bros. People's Challenger. Here's a picture of it and how to enter:
Untitled

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Blast

Azooooz wrote:

In case you don't know yet, Nintendo announced a contest called Super Smash Bros. People's Challenger. Here's a picture of it and how to enter:
Untitled

Marketing and advertising

Master of the Hype Train

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Ice Climbers and Solid Snake disagree with you. The Wii U will probably get a Tales game, at some point, anyways. Just not yet. Besides, if it's going to be anyone that's not Pac-man, it'll be Lloyd. (That is assuming we get a Namco rep at all.) He was in three games on Nintendo platforms, and IIRC, the PS3 title is just a collection of both ToS games, isn't it? There's no reason at all that they can't fit Lloyd into this game, and he'd be an awesome addition.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic