Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,321 to 6,340 of 27,917

Blast

2Sang wrote:

Man I hope you're all right. My doubt is that the pokemon and pikmin directs were only around 10 minutes. Although the w101 direct I just checked was 20 minutes, so maybe we'll get a longer presentation. I just hope filler is kept to a minimum.

My dream opening would be them talking about the history of the franchise for roughly 1 minute, then show all original 12 characters in their updated graphics like they did with the brawl e3 2006 video. Show us the characters we know are returning, and keep the others a surprise. It's way more fun finding them that way. I remember unlocking Mr. Game and Watch back in 2002. Keep in mind this was before the internet became a spoiler machine and none of my friends had unlocked him yet. Seeing Mr. Game and Watch for the first time was a moment of magic, and I went out and got game and watch gallery 4 not too long after.

I understand how you feel

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Randomname19

People on miiverse went crazy.They think this generic metroid is the Baby Metroid and that it's a clue that Ridley is going to be revealed in the direct

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

19Robb92

So.. There is a rumor that recently popped up on a Japanese site saying the game will get delayed until 2015 & it is posted by a said to be "anonymous Namco Bandai programmer" who is up for recruitment to the Namco SSB team.

For those to lazy to translate:
【噂】WiiU/3DS『大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ』の発売は2015年になるらしい - Release [rumor] WiiU/3DS of "Super Smash Bros." say we're going to get the game in 2015

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7620660.html

Take it as you will.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

JoyBoy

I'll take it as it is, a rumor.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

19Robb92

We'll know for sure soon enough I guess. Would suck to get a direct filled with "please understand" though

Tsuchinoko

If it happens, thats fine, i just want the best Smash possible.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

afro_insomniac

DefHalan wrote:

5 minutes, he says everything really quickly with no videos, drops the mic, and walks off screen.

Enough time for a single "please understand".

afro_insomniac

Shirma_Akayaku

Here's how the Direct will go:

Hello, this is Satoru Iwata from Nintendo. It looks like I'll be delivering the first Nintendo Direct for the latest installment of the Smash Bros series, Super Smash Brothers. 4. Let us begin by showing you a new character. Please, take a look.

Untitled

That's it for today's Nintendo Direct. Thank you for watching.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

19Robb92

Rosalina wrote:

Here's how the Direct will go:

Nah, this how things will go down:

Hello, this is Satoru Iwata from Nintendo. Today we have some BIG news for you. So big, in fact, that Sakurai asked us to hold this Nintendo Direct. I'll let him explain, thank you.

Thank you Mr. Iwata & hello everyone. Today I would like to make a new announcement for Super Smash Bros. for WiiU, & that is that thanks to the WiiU's high capacity discs we finally have enough space to be able to include Ridley, from the Metroid series, as a playable character! He will be on a separate disc which will be included in every copy of Super Smash Bros. for WiiU. Unfortunately this character will only be playable in the WiiU version of the game due to the 3DS carts not having enough memory to contain the character. Please understand.

Untitled

That's it for today's Nintendo Direct. Thank you for watching.

Blast

DestinyMan wrote:

Well, this is intriguing...

Bandai Namco hiring for “Smash Bros. 6″ which launches next year
http://nintendoeverything.com/bandai-namco-hiring-for-smash-b...

• Bandai Namco recently put up a rather interesting job posting for “Smash Bros. 6″.
  • Although it was taken down after being discovered by various outlets, it mentioned that the game will be released next year on Wii U and 3DS.
  • Project currently being worked on by 120 staffers
  • Number expected to increase to 200
  • Team needs programmers for various roles
  • They’ll be put into different teams to handle characters, stages, 3D programming, motion, game mode, mini-games, menu, UI, and more
  • Message on the recruitment page:

“Social games are currently a big hit, but the current state of job opportunities for making retail games is critically low. In the midst of this, this will likely be your only chance to be part of a development project for the Smash Bros. [series], which has surpassed a total of 10 million in worldwide sales. And Bandai Namco believes that now is the best time to recruit programmers for retail games.”

• Only 3 Smash Bros. games thus far
  • Wii U/3DS games would count as the fourth
  • The two games have generally been thought of as “Smash Bros. 4″
  • “6″ could be a typo
  • Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS may have been delayed into 2015
  • Another possibility is that Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS are the fourth and fifth in the series, and Smash Bros. 6 is an entirely different/updated version of the game being released next year
  • Tatsuya Matsumura, a consultant who uploaded the ad, seems to still have all of his other recruitment ads live on the website
  • Matsumura appears to have been in the business of a career consultant to connect developers and software companies with programmers and engineers since 2011
  • He currently specializes in getting people in touch with gaming and software developers, and has successfully helped the recruitment of over 2,000 people thus far

What the heck is going in Nintendo about this game????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jazzer94

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

• Bandai Namco recently put up a rather interesting job posting for “Smash Bros. 6″.
  • Although it was taken down after being discovered by various outlets, it mentioned that the game will be released next year on Wii U and 3DS.
  • They’ll be put into different teams to handle characters, stages, 3D programming, motion, game mode, mini-games, menu, UI, and more

“Social games are currently a big hit, but the current state of job opportunities for making retail games is critically low. In the midst of this, this will likely be your only chance to be part of a development project for the Smash Bros. [series], which has surpassed a total of 10 million in worldwide sales. And Bandai Namco believes that now is the best time to recruit programmers for retail games.”

• “6″ could be a typo
  • Another possibility is that Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS are the fourth and fifth in the series, and Smash Bros. 6 is an entirely different/updated version of the game being released next year
  • Tatsuya Matsumura, a consultant who uploaded the ad, seems to still have all of his other recruitment ads live on the website
  • Matsumura appears to have been in the business of a career consultant to connect developers and software companies with programmers and engineers since 2011
  • He currently specializes in getting people in touch with gaming and software developers, and has successfully helped the recruitment of over 2,000 people thus far

I'm so confused????

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Tsuchinoko

Jazzer94 wrote:

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

• “6″ could be a typo

I'm so confused????

Whats going on? Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, on Nintendos side at least. Its all just rumours , heresy and typos everywhere else. And to add to that, heres another rumour!

http://ssb4dojo.tumblr.com/post/81960714067/sunday-rumor-mill...

Rezalack

Randomname19 wrote:

Finally a realistic rumor,I actually want it to be true

How is a rumor of 15 newcomers realistic? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Captain_Toad

I don't like dis rumor. Where's the game modes explanation?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Tsuchinoko

Its a rumour guys. I was trying to be funny. Relax! Trust in the game developers to bring us a good gaming experience. Like I said before, I'm a huge Mother 3 fan. I love it way more than other games in the Mother series even, but if Lucas gets cut, ill be disappointed, but ill still be able to look forward to the new Smash with nothing but joy. Lets be happy!

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Randomname19

Spuratis wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

Finally a realistic rumor,I actually want it to be true

How is a rumor of 15 newcomers realistic? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

I'm not being sarcastic,I actually like that rumor.
Brawl got 16 newcomers so what's wrong with 15 of them?

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

DreamyViridi

@Randomname19 - Nothing's wrong with that. Believing in 15 newcomers is fine, it just seems a little "too good to be true" right now. To me anyway. Hey, it could happen, but rumours are rumours.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic