Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,301 to 6,320 of 27,917

UGXwolf

Is it just me? Or does the rumor mill exist purely to give out bad information.

First off, yes, the 3DS version does require extra concept work because the stages aren't the same. I also kinda doubt that the trophies will be the same. They'll inevitably have two completely different soundtracks, and I'm willing to bet the Adventure mode will be different in both versions. We've also seen nothing to suggest that items or assist trophies will carry over, either. THE ONLY THING WE KNOW FOR A FACT WILL BE THE SAME BETWEEN BOTH VERSIONS IS THE CHARACTER ROSTER AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE.

Beyond that, there's no way on Earth or anywhere else that they would let you make a character stronger. That would throw the entire concept of balance straight out the window. Namco would essentially have no purpose in being on this project at all.

Also, I thought Sakurai's comment on the pic of the day confirmed Isabelle as an assist trophy and told us that she tosses around healing fruit. I could easily be wrong, if course, but this is what I recall.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL WE LEARN MORE REAL INFO

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

CaptainSquid wrote:

Blast wrote:

TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL WE LEARN MORE REAL INFO

Untitled

LOL

Master of the Hype Train

OdnetninAges

Last night, I had a dream that I was watching the Super Smash Bros. Direct, and they had revealed Goku as a playable character with his own trailer.

The internet exploded, and a lot of people were pissed, and a few people were happy.

I was completely baffled.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

OdnetninAges

Oh, I have them all the time. Most of them make sense, like Sakurai showing my friends and I the game early at a convention, or watching a Nintendo Direct that shows off the intros for the games, or me having my friends over to play the game on launch day, but some are just plain insane.

Here's one I had back in September:

I was checking Nintendo Life and the Super Smash Bros. website, and a
bunch of weird stuff happened.

First, one of the spikes from Sonic The Hedgehog was put in as a
playable character, with Sakurai stating that putting it in was the
stupidest thing he's ever done.

Then, some Metal Gear character I've never heard of was announced as
well. Master Chief (from Halo) was put on the website, but it turned
out that someone hacked the site to put him there, which makes since.

My friend was going insane, because Ike was replaced with someone name
"Ake" (What?), which made me a bit angry too, since I wanted Chrom
from Fire Emblem Awakening to replace Ike.

Finally, there was a video showing "Spike", Mewtwo and Pichu fighting
each other, and Pichu doing his Final Smash.

(I have a dream log.)

Edited on by OdnetninAges

My Anime List

2Sang

How long do you guys think the direct is going to last? I'm predicting 15-20 minutes total, with at least 5 minutes being filler and talking about the history of the franchise or info we are already aware of.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Blast

2Sang wrote:

How long do you guys think the direct is going to last? I'm predicting 15-20 minutes total, with at least 5 minutes being filler and talking about the history of the franchise or info we are already aware of.

No more than 40 minutes!

Master of the Hype Train

OdnetninAges

Blast wrote:

2Sang wrote:

No more than 40 minutes!

My Anime List

UGXwolf

I'm personally hoping for anywhere from 30-40 minutes and a Summer 2014 launch window, but I can accept that this is unlikely. @2sang is probably right about this one.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm personally hoping for anywhere from 30-40 minutes and a Summer 2014 launch window, but I can accept that this is unlikely. @2sang is probably right about this one.

15-20 minutes is too short for alotta info. C'mon, man. Its gonna be from 30-40.

Master of the Hype Train

2Sang

Blast wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

15-20 minutes is too short for alotta info. C'mon, man. Its gonna be from 30-40.

I hope I'm wrong. 30-40 minutes would be awesome, but let's not get any hopes up. Perhaps it could be as long as a regular direct if there's a lot of less important information or a new gimmick that will need to be explained in-depth such as the customization concept he mentioned a few years ago but haven't heard of since.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

Blast

2Sang wrote:

Blast wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I hope I'm wrong. 30-40 minutes would be awesome, but let's not get any hopes up. Perhaps it could be as long as a regular direct if there's a lot of less important information or a new gimmick that will need to be explained in-depth such as the customization concept he mentioned a few years ago but haven't heard of since.

15-20 minutes for a Super Smash Bros. themed Direct is too short. They would hafta be talking extremely fast. Its just not enough time.
30-40 sounds more reasonable to me.

Master of the Hype Train

Captain_Toad

Heh, so no'one is saying anything about it being 25 minutes?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

DefHalan

5 minutes, he says everything really quickly with no videos, drops the mic, and walks off screen.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

2Sang

Man I hope you're all right. My doubt is that the pokemon and pikmin directs were only around 10 minutes. Although the w101 direct I just checked was 20 minutes, so maybe we'll get a longer presentation. I just hope filler is kept to a minimum.

My dream opening would be them talking about the history of the franchise for roughly 1 minute, then show all original 12 characters in their updated graphics like they did with the brawl e3 2006 video. Show us the characters we know are returning, and keep the others a surprise. It's way more fun finding them that way. I remember unlocking Mr. Game and Watch back in 2002. Keep in mind this was before the internet became a spoiler machine and none of my friends had unlocked him yet. Seeing Mr. Game and Watch for the first time was a moment of magic, and I went out and got game and watch gallery 4 not too long after.

Snagrio

First off, Sakurai gave notice a few days in advance of this Direct. Iirc, every Direct has been announced the day before it airs, so that alone is special.
Secondly, unlike Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101, this is for a top tier game, so things are likely to be higher profile.
Thirdly, not a single new character (veteran or newcomer) was shown last month, aka Sakurai's been saving up.
Finally, this is probably the last Direct before E3, so they'll undoubtedly bring some hype to tide us over.

To conclude, everything points to more then a little 20 minute show.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Blast

WingedSnagret wrote:

First off, Sakurai gave notice a few days in advance of this Direct. Iirc, every Direct has been announced the day before it airs, so that alone is special.
Secondly, unlike Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101, this is for a top tier game, so things are likely to be higher profile.
Thirdly, not a single new character (veteran or newcomer) was shown last month, aka Sakurai's been saving up.
Finally, this is probably the last Direct before E3, so they'll undoubtedly bring some hype to tide us over.

To conclude, everything points to more then a little 20 minute show.

Good reasoning

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic