Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,861 to 23,880 of 27,917

Faruko

puncher wrote:

Now where are all the clowns who said Goku shouldn't be in Smash? LMAO Nintendo put Ryu in their game so why can't a Saiyan be in the mix?

Because Ryu has an actual meaningful history with Nintendo.

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Joeynator3000

Um, yeeeaaah, Goku is an anime character, Ryu is a video game character....and one that has been on Nintendo systems before.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

puncher

That's the weakest argument I've ever heard. Is that all the ammo you got? Huuuuur duuuuuuur Ryu has a history with Nintendo dat means something doe. Foh.

Huuur duuur Ryu is a video game character, Goku isn't.

You guys are the same clowns that will be riding Sakurai's d..... and praising him if he said Goku is gonna be in the mix.

Now you can do snow or get as wet as the rain.
Me? Man, I got Jane in my brain.

Iggly

Really loving the DLC so far! I just wish Canadian prices weren't so expensive since I didn't have enough to buy anything else like the Dreamland stage or the Inkling costumes after buying Ryu, Roy, and Lucas. I was using a $20 eshop card if you were wondering how much I had.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

DefHalan

Been playing Ryu and he plays how I expected, kinda like Little Mac but slower and better air lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Joeynator3000

puncher wrote:

That's the weakest argument I've ever heard. Is that all the ammo you got? Huuuuur duuuuuuur Ryu has a history with Nintendo dat means something doe. Foh.

Huuur duuur Ryu is a video game character, Goku isn't.

You guys are the same clowns that will be riding Sakurai's d..... and praising him if he said Goku is gonna be in the mix.

You just sound like a troll...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

puncher

Faruko wrote:

Because Ryu has an actual meaningful history with Nintendo.

Mortal Kombat has history with Nintendo — they go back since the nineties just like Ryu. Why not put characters from Mortal Kombat in Smash Bros.? See where your argument falls flat? Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Krillen, Gohan, Trunks, etc. would be a perfect fit for Smash Bros. Goku in particular would sell more than Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, Roy, and anyone else combined. Just facts.

Kai_

Faruko wrote:

Plateface wrote:

Wait, they changed the other characters again as well?

balance is a never ending fight

True, it just didn't cross my mind they would change them this time.
Zelda got buffed, I'm happy with this.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

MsJubilee

DefHalan wrote:

Been playing Ryu and he plays how I expected, kinda like Little Mac but slower and better air lol

I don't know who's the bigger troll you or @Puncher's Goku nonsense.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Jazzer94

DefHalan wrote:

He is an entirely different beast to Mac.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Henmii

After downloading the new update (wich took veeery long. Maybe because everybody was downloading it) I noticed I got a lot of cd's! Are these all the cd's I had yet to collect? I now have 430 cd's if I am right.

As for the characters: Ryu is a cool addition, and he comes with a new stage. But its all pretty expensive, and I don't know how many new characters and stages are still coming. I am also pretty short on cash, so I wait a while before I download some stuff. Maybe there will be some discounts in the future. The long promised miiverse stage was free though (and part of the update).

Henmii

MegaMari0

fought 1 ryu and 2 Roys. Ryu wasn't hard but was an awkward fight. (his style is weird in a smash game) and both roys beat me. 2nd match was closer but he feels much different than in melee which is a nice change when comparing the other FE characters.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

FriedSquid

I'm really enjoying Ryu, but it does feel a bit odd when he speaks English. I feel like they should have kept him in Japanese like they did with Roy.

Also, I'm guessing that Sakurai must be a big Street Fighter fan, as he's put a lot of detail into Ryu, and Kirby's Fighter ability has always been an obvious nod to Ryu. That being said, I'm starting to think we might be very lucky to get this third party character... I'm not sure if we'll see any more unless it's through the ballot.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

DefHalan

TwilightAngel wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I don't know who's the bigger troll you or @Puncher's Goku nonsense.

Well I am not trolling. I am not saying he is a clone but he has the similarities I was expecting. I am glad his down B isn't a counter because that would make it way to similar for me.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Klimbatize

If I buy the Ryu DLC on my 3DS and get the package that includses both 3DS and Wii U, do I get a download code for the Wii U one or is it attached to my NNID?

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Klimbatize

In that case, is anyone planning on getting all three new characters and the stage, but only for Wii U?

If so, I only want them for 3DS. I'll buy Ryu and Kirby for both systems, the other person buys Lucas and Roy for both, and we exchange codes we don't need. I'm in North America.

Anyone interested?

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

puncher

FriedSquid wrote:

I'm really enjoying Ryu, but it does feel a bit odd when he speaks English. I feel like they should have kept him in Japanese like they did with Roy.

Also, I'm guessing that Sakurai must be a big Street Fighter fan, as he's put a lot of detail into Ryu, and Kirby's Fighter ability has always been an obvious nod to Ryu. That being said, I'm starting to think we might be very lucky to get this third party character... I'm not sure if we'll see any more unless it's through the ballot.

Goku

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic