Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,601 to 23,620 of 27,917

Smash_kirby

Yellowkoopa wrote:

I just want a new fighter that hasn't previously been playable in a Smash game.

Sounds like Issac from Golden sun to me.

Smash_kirby

TeeJay

TwilightAngel wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Some of these comments are almost IGN quality. Good job, people

You were better when your mouth was shut.

?

Coming from you I'm guessing this is some sort of joke, but not sure what it could be in reference to

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Guys look at my avatar. Let me have this one, since its only just a few days until we are getting a presentation that is very likely bringing us a new character.

I'm only half serious, I mean, this thread is no gamefaqs conversation but still a lot of negatively up in my Nintendolife lately.

I see you made the image enlarged, making Duster look rather upset. Anyways, while the forums have been filled with some hate lately, let's look at the bright side: It could be worse (points at the comments on MyNintendoNews articles). Much, much worse.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Hendesu

Yellowkoopa wrote:

That's probably not gonna happen. The real Sakurai loves clones. He loves CLONES SO MUCH that he put Dark Pit in the game and refused to change Ganondoft movset. If he was gonna put new playable characters in, it's gonna be characters that no one requested. Just like Wii fit Trainer and Jiggly Puff.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tsuchinoko

Sakurai wrote:

Yellowkoopa wrote:

That's probably not gonna happen. The real Sakurai loves clones. He loves CLONES SO MUCH that he put Dark Pit in the game and refused to change Ganondoft movset. If he was gonna put new playable characters in, it's gonna be characters that no one requested. Just like Wii fit Trainer and Jiggly Puff.

You really underestimate how many people want Jiggly to never get cut.

And if this expert level MS Word created "leak" is real then you will be eating your words.

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/121155617161/rumor-mill-e3-2015-leak-2

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

IceClimbers

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

Yellowkoopa wrote:

And if this expert level MS Word created "leak" is real then you will be eating your words.

First paragraph: totally real based off of confirmed info.
Second paragraph: started off realistic with the Mii Fighter costumes, especially as the KK Slider one is confirmed, then it went completely ballistic when it got to the fighters. 4 newcomers on the same day? One of which is Ridley? FAKE.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

Yellowkoopa wrote:

Second paragraph: started off realistic with the Mii Fighter costumes, especially as the KK Slider one is confirmed, then it went completely ballistic when it got to the fighters. 4 newcomers on the same day? One of which is Ridley? FAKE.

The other story going on is that Wonder Red will be the surprise announcement, which is fine for the joke, but kinda sad since I was hoping that that game would catch on and become a regular Nintendo franchise. Wonder Red looks cool and aesthetically would fit in with the rest of the cast.

We all know the big new Nintendo IP success story is Splatoon though.

Nintenbomba128

DefHalan wrote:

Yellowkoopa wrote:

Someone like Krystal from Star Fox.

INKLING!!!1

Nintenbomba128

Grumblevolcano

Smash_kirby wrote:

Yellowkoopa wrote:

Sounds like Issac from Golden sun to me.

No chance, that would suggest Nintendo cares about Golden Sun of which if they did The Lost Age would be on Wii U VC everywhere.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

Yellowkoopa wrote:

The other story going on is that Wonder Red will be the surprise announcement, which is fine for the joke, but kinda sad since I was hoping that that game would catch on and become a regular Nintendo franchise. Wonder Red looks cool and aesthetically would fit in with the rest of the cast.

We all know the big new Nintendo IP success story is Splatoon though.

I would love to see Wonder Red in. Maybe having a character in Smash will get people to go out and buy Wonderful 101...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

I did not know this happens. I could see this ending friendships.

UGXwolf

Sakurai wrote:

Yellowkoopa wrote:

Comments like this really show off the ignorance of he Smash Community. Lets go back to Melee, shall we? What would happen, if Sakurai had made it a point not to have any clones that weren't already present? Falco, Young Link, Roy, Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Ganondorf would all be removed from the game and what would fill their place? Probabaly nothing. Maybe Ganondorf would've gotten his own moveset, but for the most part, we'd have just lost a bunch of characters.

Now let's check Brawl. Wolf and Lucas would've been gone and once again, no one would full their spot.

Now Smash 4. No Lucina. No Dark Pit. No Dr. Mario. And who would be in the roster that wasn't there befire? No one! The only thing that would happen if they ditched the clones is the clones wouldn't be in the game. They wouldn't open up months or even years of dev time. Maybe a few weeks at most.

As for Ganondorf not having his own moveset, the reason isn't just obvious, it's so obvious, it's the punchline of analysis videos. Ganondorf wasn't kept as is for laziness or due to low priority or even because of some hilarious artistic over analysis. Falcondorf is still around because changing him would alienate Brawl and Melee players.

Furthermore, of all the clones, Lucas and Wolf are by FAR the least cloney. I won't go theough the whole analysis, again, but just keep in mind that aside from vaguely similar specials (and I do mean vague, as while they appear similar, they don't really DO the same things) and a similar-but-not-the-same Final Smash, Wolf plays absolutely nothing like Fox.

Besides, if Sakurai loved clones so much, why would he remove so many after Melee, only add variants instead of clones in Brawl, then only add clones that were originally planned to be costumes in Smash 4?

Hell, for that matter, the characters being added back appear to have been planned for Smash 4, in the forst place and wete cut due to time constraints. Roy would take no real effort to add back and Ryu would be entirely new character. I'm just sick of people whining about clones then ignoring the fact that Sakurai has made a clear effort to cut down on them but removing, costumizing, and making them more unique.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

Yellowkoopa wrote:

Comments like this really show off the ignorance of he Smash Community. Lets go back to Melee, shall we? What would happen, if Sakurai had made it a point not to have any clones that weren't already present? Falco, Young Link, Roy, Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Ganondorf would all be removed from the game and what would fill their place? Probabaly nothing. Maybe Ganondorf would've gotten his own moveset, but for the most part, we'd have just lost a bunch of characters.

Now let's check Brawl. Wolf and Lucas would've been gone and once again, no one would full their spot.

Now Smash 4. No Lucina. No Dark Pit. No Dr. Mario. And who would be in the roster that wasn't there befire? No one! The only thing that would happen if they ditched the clones is the clones wouldn't be in the game. They wouldn't open up months or even years of dev time. Maybe a few weeks at most.

As for Ganondorf not having his own moveset, the reason isn't just obvious, it's so obvious, it's the punchline of analysis videos. Ganondorf wasn't kept as is for laziness or due to low priority or even because of some hilarious artistic over analysis. Falcondorf is still around because changing him would alienate Brawl and Melee players.

Furthermore, of all the clones, Lucas and Wolf are by FAR the least cloney. I won't go theough the whole analysis, again, but just keep in mind that aside from vaguely similar specials (and I do mean vague, as while they appear similar, they don't really DO the same things) and a similar-but-not-the-same Final Smash, Wolf plays absolutely nothing like Fox.

Besides, if Sakurai loved clones so much, why would he remove so many after Melee, only add variants instead of clones in Brawl, then only add clones that were originally planned to be costumes in Smash 4?

Hell, for that matter, the characters being added back appear to have been planned for Smash 4, in the forst place and wete cut due to time constraints. Roy would take no real effort to add back and Ryu would be entirely new character. I'm just sick of people whining about clones then ignoring the fact that Sakurai has made a clear effort to cut down on them but removing, costumizing, and making them more unique.

You told them. Hopefully they remember this time.

Arminillo

UGXwolf wrote:

Now Smash 4. No Lucina. No Dark Pit. No Dr. Mario. And who would be in the roster that wasn't there before? Noone.

Untitled

Edited on by Arminillo

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

CapeSmash

UGXwolf wrote:

Falcondorf is still around because changing him would alienate Brawl and Melee players.

Then explain why Sakurai changed Bowser up. And explain why he also changed Falco up from Melee to Brawl. I don't think him not changing Ganondorf is because it would "alienate" Melee and Brawl players, because that would be very hypocritical and backwards.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DreamyViridi

CapeSmash wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Falcondorf is still around because changing him would alienate Brawl and Melee players.

Then explain why Sakurai changed Bowser up. And explain why he also changed Falco up from Melee to Brawl. I don't think him not changing Ganondorf is because it would "alienate" Melee and Brawl players, because that would be very hypocritical and backwards.

I'm not agreeing with anyone here but I believe his talking about changing Ganon completely (like replacing his Warlock Punch for a quicker sword swing attack. Y'know, more drastic changes). Bowser and Falco didn't change in terms of moves and such. Bowser in particular never "changed", he merely improved. Most of his attacks are the same or function the same.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CapeSmash

DreamyViridi wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm not agreeing with anyone here but I believe his talking about changing Ganon completely (like replacing his Warlock Punch for a quicker sword swing attack. Y'know, more drastic changes). Bowser and Falco didn't change in terms of moves and such. Bowser in particular never "changed", he merely improved. Most of his attacks are the same or function the same.

Actually... no. 80% of Falco's non-special moves are completely different than what they were from Melee. Don't believe me? Well, this stated this on the Brawl Dojo: "Be aware—Falco’s moves have changed a lot since he appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee." And yes, Falco's new moveset alienated a lot of players who played him in Melee (like me).

Bowser getting improved is a change. Bowser in Melee/Brawl was very slow and not mobile. Bowser in Smash 4 is fast, mobile, more powerful, has more reach, better recovery, and got a lot of new moves. Yes, it's improvements, but it's still change.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

CapeSmash wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Actually... no. 80% of Falco's non-special moves are completely different than what they were from Melee. Don't believe me? Well, this stated this on the Brawl Dojo: "Be aware—Falco’s moves have changed a lot since he appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee." And yes, Falco's new moveset alienated a lot of players who played him in Melee (like me).

Bowser getting improved is a change. Bowser in Melee/Brawl was very slow and not mobile. Bowser in Smash 4 is fast, mobile, more powerful, has more reach, better recovery, and got a lot of new moves. Yes, it's improvements, but it's still change.

You're completely missing the point. As it stands, Ganondorf has absolutely no moves that are based on his games, but on the flipside, they're all moves that reflect him well enough. People focus so much on the references that they conpletely fail to notice the actual design. Ganondorf favors piwer over all else. This is why he sacrifices speed for it in Smash. It means he hits like a truck, but it also means he's making the unwise decision to become less effective at getting hits in.

Beyond that, look at his playstyle. Ganondorf is a punisher. He excels far more at making you regret your mistakes than anything else, and if you get punished by a good Ganon player, it's not gonna be a 5, 10, or 20% punish. He's going to royally destroy you. His moveset includes early kill options, intimidation tactics, and even a suicide kill that actually works. Ganondorf's moveset reflects him very well without even isong a single reference to his in-game appearances.

And no, the changes made to Falco and Bowser weren't nearly as drastic as the ones we're suggesting they make to Ganondorf.

I know it seems like I'm just blindly defending, here, but here's a few things I want gamers to consider:

1) Gamers today act like they can do developers' jobs better. 99% of the time or most likely even more often, they can't. Most gamers have no idea what it takes to make a game, have no idea the stresses of catering to multiple groups and audiences, don't understand what it's like to work under the stressful limits of time, resources, legalities, and approval.
2) There are players like me that not only can't play Captain Falcon or Fox, but are constantly being told that they're the exact same as characters we CAN use like Ganondorf and Wolf. From the consumer end, clones offer an opportunity to use a moveset with stats the better reflect your playstyle.
3) Clones take absolutely NOTHING away from the game. Nothing in the slightest. You get nothing at all back when you remove them from the game. Just empty space that barely even lowers the size of the game.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Nintendo6400

That moment when someone reports on FG because you get disrespected. And the he says F U. I love smash. -_-

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic