Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,861 to 22,880 of 27,917

yokokazuo

I started with Yoshi in 64, but I don't really use him in the other games and I've started to use Link more in that. Since Melee I've always used Link and Marth. For 4 my mains are:
1/2. Link and Marth (not sure yet, but I'm leaning more towards Link
3. Lucario
4. Sheik
5. Lucina
6. Robin
7. Samus

I used to use Falco quite a bit in Brawl, but he feels so much different to me in this game. I'll try to get more used to him later though.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Zerodactyl

My mains:

1) Bowser
2) Rosalina and Luma
3) Little Mac
4) Bowser Jr.
5) Mewtwo
6) Ganondorf
7) Robin
8) Kirby

Far too many in other words.

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

DoomTurtle

On the N64, I didn't have a main, I just rotated through everyone. In SSM they added Random. So I've been maining Random ever since.

DoomTurtle

MegaMari0

Anyone here have any particular characters they need practice AGAINST? I know that I rarely come across Captain olimar or Palutena I have a hard time beating them. I lost to the last Capt Olimar because I couldn't get a good read on his combos or patterns. Palutena just gives me a hard time with her reflect AND counter.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

UGXwolf

Anyone and everyone that fights using psychic or magic powers as their primary weapon. Ffffff hnnnnnng so much grabbing.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Zerodactyl

Tarrazu wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Anyone and everyone that fights using psychic or magic powers as their primary weapon. Ffffff hnnnnnng so much grabbing.

Ness, Mewtwo, and (eventually) Lucas are the only psychic users in Smash 4, right?

I love playing as psychic users; killing with a throw is the best feeling. Something else I like about psychic users is that their double jumps feel so floaty and satisfying.

The fact that their double jumps feel so floaty is really awesome to me. That's one of the reasons why I love using Mewtwo.

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

MegaMari0

UGXwolf wrote:

I know what you mean. Back throws kill at about 100% or so for ness(especially if you are at the edge of a stage). Mewtwo i've tested and kills at 120% to 140% UP throw depending on character.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Zerodactyl

Whenever I face somebody using Olimar (rare), I always lose. But when I try to use him, I find it incredibly hard to win, and my friends do too.

IceClimbers

Glad to see I'm not the only one with multiple mains.

My mains (in no particular order):

1. Pac-Man
2. Mega Man
3. Charizard
4. Mewtwo
5. Little Mac
6. Sonic

Secondaries:

1. Mr Game & Watch (might become a main, replacing Sonic)
2. ZSS
3. Bowser Jr
4. ROB

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Azooooz

Well, my mains are:

• Mario
  • Lucario
  • Dr. Mario
  • Meta Knight
  • Little Mac

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Tsuchinoko

Tarrazu wrote:

Zeldawful's throws are pretty bad; terrible for killing, at the very least. I suppose her down throw is decent in the way that it can lead into nair, uair, and, at very low percents, bair.

I don't use her throws for killing so much. For damaging i prefer her back throw since its fast. Her forward throw is a bit slow and I feel like it doesn't create enough distance sometimes if I want to follow up with a projectile.

I do feel like Zelda grabs faster in this game.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

Okay...here're my mains (at the moment):
Best:
-Dr. Mario
-Pac-man
Secondary:
-Ness
-Bowser Jr.
Working on it:
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Duck Hunt

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

Here's a little ledge guarding tip for Pac players. If you have a Bell and you knock someone off the edge, rather than dropping the bell down the side, set up a trampoline on the edge so they have no choice but to stay in the Bell's drop range (or go down and out and risk retaliation without ledge invincibility.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Undead_terror

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Btw, any Duckhunt mains here? I'm wondering if I'm playing him wrong, I just can't get the hang of his moveset. In Brawl I mained Zelda and Lucas, but cycled through a lot of the other characters and could manage with a lot of them. In 4 I'm playing Zelda and Ness like, 95%. I've been trying to practice with Duckhunt and ZSS but I'm just not getting anywhere. Can't wait for Lucas to be released.

A few helpful tips I guess, have a gunman ready at all times, while they are a attack, they are also good portable shields that can defend you from projectiles and bombs so you don't have to use your own shield, just back away from them a bit so any large range blasts and any smash attacks don't hit you. Have a can out for a distraction and keep a eye on it so you can hit a enemy when they don't think you will notice them, you can also crouch and press A at the can to make it go a nice distance that can hit the enemy (just make sure that they don't send the can flying back at you), if you are trying to get back on the stage you can take out a can quickly and keep pressing B so it can protect you if someone is trying to attack you in the air, it`s also good to jump in the air and use it so the can can be overheard the others!
Lastly clay pigeons are good attacks to attack from a distance and could make a good distraction, once thrown they can stay on the ground for a couple of seconds so you can also have a delayed attack!...other then that you will have to find a good way for normal attacks, down air A is a good spike, up air A is a good combo attack that can kill, neutral A air can be a good attack.

Awesome! Thanks. I definitely need more practice.

Also a few more little things that can be useful to know is that clay pigeons can also be used as a mini shield for small projectiles and bombs, they should be able to stop anyone who is charging a smash attack like Ganondorf once you press the B button (or at least it worked with me), if you use a gunman and then throw a pigeon at his direction, be warned that that the pigeon can be destroyed by your own gunman if he does enough damage. Lastly smash attacking your own can really don't do anything, as said the best way to make the can go a distance is to crouch and press A.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Undead_terror

Also since people are talking about mains and stuff again, gonna post a site link so you can make your own brawler card! here is my card and holy hell it's in the top 3....
Untitled
Note that they don't have the picture for Mewtwo finished yet to put on your card as your main main.
http://cards.n-masters.com/smash4/create.php

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Undead_terror wrote:

Also since people are talking about mains and stuff again, gonna post a site link so you can make your own brawler card! here is my card and holy hell it's in the top 3....
Untitled
Note that they don't have the picture for Mewtwo finished yet to put on your card as your main main.
http://cards.n-masters.com/smash4/create.php

I completely forgot about those!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

DreamyViridi

I tried updating mine but it wouldn't save the changes...
Anyway; I'll be that guy and say that Random is my main. Going by the game's Records though, my Top 5.
1. Pac-Man
2. Mega Man
3. Shulk
4. Mr. Game & Watch
5. Palutena (Yes, really)
Honorary - Mario. He and Pac-Man get chosen whenever I feel the opponent needs to be taught a lesson...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DefHalan

My mains are
1. Yoshi
2. Ike
3. Little Mac

I do select random a lot when playing with friends but those 3 are the ones I will pick the most. I have also been enjoying Dr. Mario lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Undead_terror

DreamyViridi wrote:

I tried updating mine but it wouldn't save the changes...

You got to check mark the boxes above, like if you just wanted to change you second main you would need to check the box for it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic