Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,841 to 22,860 of 27,917

Pootypie

Oh yeah you want to know what was really awesome? When I was doing a 2v2 for glory match with my brother, we were both using Mewtwo. There was an opponent above me and one next to my brother. I did up smash to get the opponent above me out, but something even better happened... My brother did side smash on the opponent next to him and that opponent went RIGHT TO MY UP SMASH and I did up smash on both of them. The timing was so precise, which made it so awesome. I love how you see the opponents locked in his up smash for a second, it's sooooooooo satisfying lol.

Also anyone else spam Mewtwo's down smash as if synchronizing? Like Ganondorf's up smash. I do that

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Rexcalibr

Tarrazu wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

@Squid Killing at 140% doesn't seem like it should be described as "Godly"....140% is pretty up there.

@Tarrazu Oh, what? Not every Omega stage is available online? How do we know that? I mean, I certainly would never have noticed.

Also just wanted to say your avatar is freakin adorable.

While definitely not his best move, his down-air is very good. It's a spike if you hit with the sweetspot. Even when you don't hit with the sweetspot, it has a lot of diagonal knockback; enough to kill off-stage (where you'll be using it most) at fairly low percents.

As for the stages, I'm not sure. If it's true, I doubt I ever would have noticed.
Thanks! #boarlyfe

I notice, because I'm very particular about which music tracks I like in every stage. I edited all the sliders in every stage in My Music, and spent hours trying to unlock the CDs. I've unlocked almost all of them.

Palutena's Temple, Great Temple, and Kirby's Cave will not work on 1vs1 For Glory. Palatine's Temple especially has some of my favorite tracks.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

DreamyViridi

Sounds like it's mainly the "8-Player Smash" maps that are missing.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FriedSquid

@Tarrazu Thanks for the tips! I usually am pretty afraid to go off stage no matter who I'm playing as, I'm not really sure why. This is probably why I have trouble KOing earlier, and why I end up having opponents at over 140%... Yeah, it's definitely not godly. :/ I guess I really need to practice more and git gud.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Tsuchinoko

Btw, any Duckhunt mains here? I'm wondering if I'm playing him wrong, I just can't get the hang of his moveset. In Brawl I mained Zelda and Lucas, but cycled through a lot of the other characters and could manage with a lot of them. In 4 I'm playing Zelda and Ness like, 95%. I've been trying to practice with Duckhunt and ZSS but I'm just not getting anywhere. Can't wait for Lucas to be released.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Undead_terror

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Btw, any Duckhunt mains here? I'm wondering if I'm playing him wrong, I just can't get the hang of his moveset. In Brawl I mained Zelda and Lucas, but cycled through a lot of the other characters and could manage with a lot of them. In 4 I'm playing Zelda and Ness like, 95%. I've been trying to practice with Duckhunt and ZSS but I'm just not getting anywhere. Can't wait for Lucas to be released.

A few helpful tips I guess, have a gunman ready at all times, while they are a attack, they are also good portable shields that can defend you from projectiles and bombs so you don't have to use your own shield, just back away from them a bit so any large range blasts and any smash attacks don't hit you. Have a can out for a distraction and keep a eye on it so you can hit a enemy when they don't think you will notice them, you can also crouch and press A at the can to make it go a nice distance that can hit the enemy (just make sure that they don't send the can flying back at you), if you are trying to get back on the stage you can take out a can quickly and keep pressing B so it can protect you if someone is trying to attack you in the air, it`s also good to jump in the air and use it so the can can be overheard the others!
Lastly clay pigeons are good attacks to attack from a distance and could make a good distraction, once thrown they can stay on the ground for a couple of seconds so you can also have a delayed attack!...other then that you will have to find a good way for normal attacks, down air A is a good spike, up air A is a good combo attack that can kill, neutral A air can be a good attack.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Undead_terror wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

A few helpful tips I guess, have a gunman ready at all times, while they are a attack, they are also good portable shields that can defend you from projectiles and bombs so you don't have to use your own shield, just back away from them a bit so any large range blasts and any smash attacks don't hit you. Have a can out for a distraction and keep a eye on it so you can hit a enemy when they don't think you will notice them, you can also crouch and press A at the can to make it go a nice distance that can hit the enemy (just make sure that they don't send the can flying back at you), if you are trying to get back on the stage you can take out a can quickly and keep pressing B so it can protect you if someone is trying to attack you in the air, it`s also good to jump in the air and use it so the can can be overheard the others!
Lastly clay pigeons are good attacks to attack from a distance and could make a good distraction, once thrown they can stay on the ground for a couple of seconds so you can also have a delayed attack!...other then that you will have to find a good way for normal attacks, down air A is a good spike, up air A is a good combo attack that can kill, neutral A air can be a good attack.

Awesome! Thanks. I definitely need more practice.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

veeflames

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Btw, any Duckhunt mains here? I'm wondering if I'm playing him wrong, I just can't get the hang of his moveset. In Brawl I mained Zelda and Lucas, but cycled through a lot of the other characters and could manage with a lot of them. In 4 I'm playing Zelda and Ness like, 95%. I've been trying to practice with Dpy she nt and ZSS but I'm just not getting anywhere. Can't wait for Lucas to be released.

Duck Hunt main here, although I'm not as good with him as my main main, Kirby. The trick to using Duck Hunt? Using his arsenal of projectiles to zone out the opponent. Make especially good use of the clay pigeon and gunman; they're great for psyching out your opponent.
I think it's worth noting that Duck Hunt has a tricky yet effective Smash. The longer the time the side smash is charged, the longer the range of the attack. If done correctly, Duck Hunt's smashes can be knockout moves, as well as his aerial up-A and the can. For a battle strategy, take advantage of the opponent's mistakes and psyche out the opponent, for example, use a clay pigeon for unsuspecting fighters.
Bottom line, PROJECTILES! LOL

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

veeflames

@Undead_Terror
"...down air A is a good spike..."
While I agree that DH's aerial down-A is a good tool for spiking, it's surprisingly hard to pull off, and you can find yourself barrelling down to your death. For me at least...

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

TeeJay

This is the first Smash game where I keep floating all over the place on who I call my "mains". Right now I regularly use:

• Mario
  • Luigi
  • Yoshi
  • Rosalina
  • Toon Link
  • Pit
  • Robin
  • Kirby
  • Dark Pit
  • Villager
  • Lucina
  • Megaman

...Yeah....not that this is a bad thing. I love that I can use this many characters!

Back in Brawl I used Toon Link and Lucas most of the time, with the occasional Wolf and Luigi thrown in.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pancake_Phil

For a while I had Zelda and Falco as my secondaries, but I am now using Mr Game and Watch and Mewtwo more in their place.

Nintendo Network ID: Falcon1991

2DS Friend Code: 0104-1799-6687

UGXwolf

My mains are something like this:

1) Link (my best)
2) Ike (lead with him)
3) Pac-man (when I just feel like shenanigans)
4) Shulk (when I'm salty)
5a) Little Mac
5b) Ganondorf
6) Yoshi (when I'm SUPER salty)
7) Bowser (when I've run out of salt from how salty I am)
8) Mii Swordfighter (defunct because of For Glory not using Miis... Too bad, I really like this Mii)
9) Bowser Jr (Lemmy master race? defunct because I've stopped using him, but I'm still comfortable with him)
10) Zero Suit Samus (Need to use her more, but I never think to unless a friend is over)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaMari0

I'm not a duck hunt main but I've used him extensively. He's great to use for mind games. Control the flow of the fight by making them come to you and punishing accordingly with his arsenal. I've found that as you are putting distance between you and the opposite player that the clay pidgeon comes out faster as opposed to standing still or running towards the opponent. The can itself is great for the off-stage game. The gunmen are perfect for cover fire when you want to grab the opponent.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

veeflames

I'll admit, I have more mains in Sm4sh than in any other Smash game.
My mains are:
1. Kirby
2. Duck Hunt. I don't know... one day, I just thought he was funny. Ever since then, we're kinda inseperable.
3. Little Mac. I ask myself, "Why am I maining someone who doesn't have an air game and has rubbish recovery?" I think he's really fun to control, though.
4. Mewtwo. He's fun to use, but his attacks don't connect easily. He has good spiking moves, too.

I'm also considering maining Game & Watch, Jigglypuff, Rosalina & Luma, and all the Mii types.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

Storytime7

I jumped around frequently with characters in this game. I've tried to main:

Diddy Kong
Fox
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Peach
Pikachu
Rosalina
Villager

Diddy Kong, Pikachu, and Peach are the only ones I still use somewhat often. I don't like how many of the newer characters have to be played because they feel campy.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Inkling

I really want to see a stage based around Mount Wario as DLC. It could be another travelling stage, with that awesome music playing in the background.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Sample_Text

ZSS is one of my secondaries, so I consider myself fairly knowledgeable. Taser (laser?) into grab is always fun, just be careful if you're grabbing from a dash, often I'll overshoot and slide right past into an easy punish. Don't forget to use her down smash either, and make sure to nail the down b as it has multiple uses.
Also, can any Pikachu mains give me some advice? I have been wanting to get good as him but can't really get it down.

Edited on by Sample_Text

Not much to say here. I like Nintendo. That's about it.

MegaMari0

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

@Undead_Terror
"...down air A is a good spike..."
While I agree that DH's aerial down-A is a good tool for spiking, it's surprisingly hard to pull off, and you can find yourself barrelling down to your death. For me at least...

The whole motion is like mario's spike. starts off real slow.

Pootypie

1. Captain Falcon
2. Ganondorf
3. R.O.B.
4. Mario
5. Donkey Kong
6. Luigi

I do not know where to rank Mewtwo, Charizard, Wario, and Ike... I might start using Fox again too.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaMari0

Forgot to list my chosen ones:

1. Megaman
2. Toon link
3. Fox
4. Duck hunt
5. Captain Falcon
6. ZSS
7. Ganondorf*
8. Little Mac*
9.Wario*
10. Mewtwo*

• If i've won with the first 6 against someone who's stuck around long enough to beat that badly then I use these for fun and give them a sporting chance.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic