Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,021 to 20,040 of 27,917

DBPirate

Jefke wrote:

What is your favorite Super Smash Bros. For 3DS / Wii U character?

Since I was bored, I actually ranked every single character but I'll just tell you the top 10 I came up with on my list.

1. Bowser Jr.
2. Kirby
3. Duck Hunt
4. Meta Knight
5. Ness
6. Captain Falcon
7. Robin
8. Villager
9. Pac-Man
10. Dr. Mario

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

MsJubilee

NintendoFan64 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

There's this glitch I found online, and I don't know if you guys have experienced it, but it's where when you input a command, it waits a bit to do it. It isn't lag or anything, it's just that the character I play as ends up taking about a second and a half I'd say to the an action after I press a button.

That's input lag friendo,i got that once in the Wiiu and 3DS version of smash online.It's annoying cause i'm not going to win that fight.

I know. Also, @DefHalen, the reason I didn't think it was lag was because the screen wasn't going at a snail's pace.

Hmm that exactly sounds like what happened to me,i can barley do anything but the screen isn't going slow it's normal.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MasterWario

Jefke wrote:

The Miis. If I had to pick one it'd be my Waluigi Mii (Gunner).

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

CapeSmash

Jefke wrote:

My best characters are (in order):

1. Mario - Mastered
2. Ganondorf - Extremely good
3. Dr. Mario - Extremely good
4. Shulk - Really good
5. Little Mac - Good
6. Sonic - Decent
7. Fox - Decent
8. Captain Falcon - Not so good

I'm pretty good with Link and Toon Link, even though I don't really main them.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tsuchinoko

Jefke wrote:

1. Zelda
2. Ness
3. G&W
4. Zero Suit Samus
5. Toon Link
6. Palutena
7. Wario
8. Villager
9. Falco
10. Diddy Kong

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Captain_Toad

In no order
Villager, pac man, little mac, zelda, olimar, jigglypuff, mii, robin, rosalina and luma, and shulk...............and Wii Fit Trainer.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

luke17

Drobotic wrote:

luke17 wrote:

I have to admit: I suck at this game. My biggest problem? I CANNOT figure out how to K.O. opponents. Is there a strategy how to get easier K.O.'s? It seems every time I hit someone they are able to recover, yet my opponents always find ways of automatically K.O.'ing me by hitting me so hard. I get plenty of good hits in, but no K.O.'s. Any expert advice would be appreciated. (My current online record is approx. 0-20....ughh!!)

I'm no expert,but here's some tips that can help you get better at the game:
-Use your shields.They are essential to the game,as they are your main way of protecting yourself from attacks.There many ways to use them.Your air shield(press shield while in the air)can be used to block attacks from opponents who are trying to keep you from returning to the ground and to pick up thrown items.This grants you some short invincibility,but you should not mindlessly spam this,as opponents can punish you for being predictable once they know what you're up to.Your down shield can be used to dodge projectiles and attacks from enemies.Use it wisely.Your left/right shield lets you move away from/to your opponents,while granting you short invincibility.Use it to distance yourself from any devastating attacks from your opponents or to move quickly to continue a combo.Don't spam this as well,as it can be easy for your opponents to punish you for doing so.
-Meteor smashing.It may be a bit advanced,but it can stop your opponent's attempts at recovering.Most characters have one and they are used to hit an enemy so they go directly down to their death if there is no ground under them to save them.These are usually done by using your down air attack over your opponent so it hits them.I highly suggest doing this when whoever you want to KO is at moderate damage,because it can be easy for them to recover if they have,say,20% damage.Go to training if you want to try and learn every fighter's meteor smash,as it differs between them all.
-Smash attacks are the best way to end your opponent.They leave you open to attack,so be careful when you use them and how long you charge them up.Smash attacks are performed by holding the left stick in one direction while holding down the attack button.You can charge the attacks up to do more damage,or shortly to do a quick finisher.Doing this attack can easily send your opponent flying off the stage,forcing them to recover.When they are at high damage percentages,this attack is devastating.Remember,just time your smash attacks right to attack opponents when they are either recovering or moving towards you.
I hope these tips help.There's plenty of videos out there that have more professional advice on how to improve your game,but this is what I have for now.

Thanks! I'll give your tips a try!

luke17

KryptoniteKrunch

My top 10 characters

1. Yoshi
2. Kirby
3. Wario
4. Ness
5. Donkey Kong
6. Villager
7. Toon Link
8. Link
9. Samus
10. Fox

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

CapeSmash

Untitled

Casuals are rude, obnoxious, hateful, delusional, don't know what they're talking about 90% of the time, EXTREMELY butthurt, and easily offended. Oh boo hoo, 10 people who prefer Melee don't care about Smash 4, let's attack the Melee and competitive player for no reason.

How often do you see people saying Smash 4 sucks and Melee is better? Not many. You'll see them, but you won't see THAT many of them. But you will see a ton of these delusional fanboys who spew out garbage about Melee and the competitive scene that are just flat out lies. The sad thing is, the first thing you see on any Smash 4 review in the comments is comments like in the image above. These elitists are the awful in every way, and the worst part is, there's 10x more casual elitists than competitive elitists, which is why I think they're worse.

I remember when I was one of those fanboy elitists, and got butthurt when a few very small minority of people said Melee was better than Brawl. I know I've made posts like this in the past, but these people, really, REALLY, annoy me.

P.S If you're not the offender, then don't be offended.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Crimzonlogic

Jefke wrote:

Pit/Dark Pit, King Dedede, Charizard, Toon Link, and Kirby are my top five.
(The Pits are counted as one here because they are very similar and I love them equally.)

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Tsuchinoko

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

Casuals are rude, obnoxious, hateful, delusional, don't know what they're talking about 90% of the time, EXTREMELY butthurt, and easily offended. Oh boo hoo, 10 people who prefer Melee don't care about Smash 4, let's attack the Melee and competitive player for no reason.

How often do you see people saying Smash 4 sucks and Melee is better? Not many. You'll see them, but you won't see THAT many of them. But you will see a ton of these delusional fanboys who spew out garbage about Melee and the competitive scene that are just flat out lies. The sad thing is, the first thing you see on any Smash 4 review in the comments is comments like in the image above. These elitists are the awful in every way, and the worst part is, there's 10x more casual elitists than competitive elitists, which is why I think they're worse.

I remember when I was one of those fanboy elitists, and got butthurt when a few very small minority of people said Melee was better than Brawl. I know I've made posts like this in the past, but these people, really, REALLY, annoy me.

P.S If you're not the offender, then don't be offended.

I'm of the opinion that its best to not give any attention to people who will start arguments over things that are supposed to provide entertainment and fun.

Storytime7

Jefke wrote:

1. Pikachu - Recently picked up Pikachu as one of my mains, and think it could be one of my best characters with enough practice.
2. Peach - Liked using her in past Smash games, and she's still one of my favorite characters to play as.
3. Fox - Same as Peach.
4. Rosalina & Luma - One of the first characters I tried out when I got the 3DS version. Nice addition to the series, and one of my favorite characters to use.
5. Marth - I still like using Marth (I even tried to main him for nearly two months on the 3DS version), but he was nerfed hard.
6. Villager - Another character I want to get better at using.
7. Mega Man - Really fun to play as once you get the hang of using him.
8. Jigglypuff - She doesn't exactly fit my playstyle enough to main her, but I like using Jigglypuff.
9. Pac Man - Fun to use, but a lot of his attacks come out a bit too slow.
10. Shulk - He's a really diverse character because of the monado arts, but I haven't put in enough time to use him well.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Tsuchinoko

Storytime7 wrote:

Jefke wrote:

1. Pikachu - Recently picked up Pikachu as one of my mains, and think it could be one of my best characters with enough practice.
2. Peach - Liked using her in past Smash games, and she's still one of my favorite characters to play as.
3. Fox - Same as Peach.
4. Rosalina & Luma - One of the first characters I tried out when I got the 3DS version. Nice addition to the series, and one of my favorite characters to use.
5. Marth - I still like using Marth (I even tried to main him for nearly two months on the 3DS version), but he was nerfed hard.
6. Villager - Another character I want to get better at using.
7. Mega Man - Really fun to play as once you get the hang of using him.
8. Jigglypuff - She doesn't exactly fit my playstyle enough to main her, but I like using Jigglypuff.
9. Pac Man - Fun to use, but a lot of his attacks come out a bit too slow.
10. Shulk - He's a really diverse character because of the monado arts, but I haven't put in enough time to use him well.

I feel the exact same abou Pac-man. Maybe I just need more practice. Megaman has good attacks, but I'm rubbish with him, and Villager is complicated. The newcomer that I'm best with is Palutena. I like Reflet/Robin fine enough I guess...

My least favorite newcomer by far is WFT.

OorWullie

I've not really tried much of the characters but my favourite so far is Toon Link,I also like Yoshi ,Samus and Pac Man.Also want to add I'm really getting into this game now.I never could with Brawl or Melee but man this ones awesome.Now I finally see what all the fuss is about

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

NintendoFan64

Think I'm gonna take a break from doing the challenges. I could really use one.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

My favorite characters:

1. Wario
2. Duck Hunt
3. Pit
4. Robin
5. Luigi
6. Bowser
7. Ganondorf
8. Link

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

NintendoFan64

Oh, right! My favorites, in no particular order:
1.Pacman
2. Dr. Mario
3. Ness
4. Ludwig
5. Luigi
6. Villager
7. Mii Fighters
8.Captain Falcon
9. Duck Hunt
10. Dark Pit

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Datasun_7

In no particular order my favourites would be: Samus, Bowser Jr and i occasionally play as Link and Pit, but still really like them

Edited on by Datasun_7

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

TheKingOfTown

Jigglypuff's my favorite. <3

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Inkling

Shulk and Duck Hunt Duo

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic