Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,041 to 20,060 of 27,917

MsJubilee

Inkling wrote:

Shulk and Duck Hunt Duo

It's duck hunt trio,but okay.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DreamyViridi

I'm good with most of the characters (my Luigi needs work...) so I don't think I have a true preference.
Like them all really. Still, I find I really enjoy myself with...

• Mario / Dr. Mario
  • Mega Man
  • Bowser Jr. (according to the game, he is fun though)
  • Lucina
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Palutena
  • Pit / Dark Pit
  • Shulk

midnafanboy wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Shulk and Duck Hunt Duo

Official name is Duck Hunt (Duo). Deal with it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MsJubilee

DreamyViridi wrote:

I'm good with most of the characters (my Luigi needs work...) so I don't think I have a true preference.
Like them all really. Still, I find I really enjoy myself with...

• Mario / Dr. Mario
  • Mega Man
  • Bowser Jr. (according to the game, he is fun though)
  • Lucina
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Palutena
  • Pit / Dark Pit
  • Shulk

midnafanboy wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Shulk and Duck Hunt Duo

Official name is Duck Hunt (Duo). Deal with it.

No!Shut up!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Yoshi

In Europe, the official name is Duck Hunt Duo, while in North America, the official name is simply Duck Hunt.

However, Palutena's point still stands: Duck Hunt is actually a trio. Perhaps that is why NoA simply calls it Duck Hunt.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

FriedSquid

brewsky wrote:

In Europe, the official name is Duck Hunt Duo, while in North America, the official name is simply Duck Hunt.

However, Palutena's point still stands: Duck Hunt is actually a trio. Perhaps that is why NoA simply calls it Duck Hunt.

Yeah at first I thought Duck Hunt Duo was the better name, but technically they are a trio. So I just say Duck Hunt.

If they're a trio, I wonder why they stuck with Duo in the name anyways...

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

MsJubilee

Undead_terror wrote:

Conflict over the mighty Duck Hunt's name?

I wonder who started it?

DreamyViridi

Squid wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Yeah at first I thought Duck Hunt Duo was the better name, but technically they are a trio. So I just say Duck Hunt.

If they're a trio, I wonder why they stuck with Duo in the name anyways...

Now that that's mentioned, does anyone know if Palutena says anything different in the PAL versions of Smash? I imagine the conversation changes a bit to compensate.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Drobotic

I got my Samus amiibo today and took a few hours to train it up to level 50.Now I absolutely cannot beat it.Hopefully the Fox amiibo I also got today can vanquish the monster I have created.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

TeeJay

Can't wait for that amiibo peripheral for the 3DS so I can actually use the amiibo I have.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

@SockoMario The problem with your statistic about there being 10x more "casual elitists" than "competitive elitists" is that there are far, far, far, far, faaaar less people in the "competitive" category than the "casual" one. Of course, I feel the need to correct on the labels, seeing as casual and competitive are not mutually exclusive. You /can/ be casual-competitive. The opposite of casual is hardcore, and the two words don't define gamers, but gameplay styles. I try to approach Smash 4 in a hardcore gameplay style, but I don't really have the time, most days, to do anything more than a casual Classic or All-Star run here or there. Meanwhile, I am very competitive. Just not /good/ in a global sense of the word (since anyone I live with would swear up and down that I'm amazing at it). I get extremely pissed when I lose because I should've done better or because I felt the tactic used by the opponent was cheap. (Again, "cheap" and "viable" are two very different things and will be used separately. Just because I think ledge camping a Little Mac is cheap doesn't mean I don't accept it as a reasonable method of dealing with a Little Mac that's willing to get shield grabbed. I'm smart enough and patient enough to wait at center stage for the opponent to do something dumb.)

Anyways, the thing is, there's no "worse" here. They're both awful because they're both the same. They're the people that make any and every fandom look like a mess of trolling and hurtful comments. These are the guys that drive people away from LoL and Smite. The ones that gave Melee such a bad reputation in the first place. (I've talked with one of these guys in real life. He absolutely refuses to admit that Smash was ever a good game and insists that Melee is the only passable one. He also has his own modded Wii and refuses to use the one provided by the school because "his is better." Every time I see this guy I get irrationally pissed at him and have to go get food to avoid saying something and becoming a moron.)

Bleh, I'm getting a bit ranty, here. My point is, we kinda have to just stop labeling gamers. Because gamers change up their style based on the game they play and no game is exclusively one style. After all, you /can/ tackle Dark Souls with a casual style and mindset, but you probably aren't gonna get very far. And you can play Farmville hardcore, but your wallet's gonna hurt for it. Similarly, I can play DKCTF and Smash hardcore and spend up hours at a time on them, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna pick up Mario Party 10 and play that hardcore, too. Just like I'll play MP10 casually, but when pitted against friends and family, I /will/ get competitive.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Completely unrelated, can I just take a moment to address this absolutely amazing piece of music?

The guitar work. That orchestra. The mix of emphasis based on the part and the theme. This is easily one of my favorite tracks in the series. The only thing that brings it down is the lack of a consistent rhythm. It speeds up and slows down without warning or bridge. Still, I love this piece a lot.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

Yep huge part of why I love Xenoblade is the music, this isn't even the best song from the game.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

dumedum

Jefke wrote:

What is your favorite Super Smash Bros. For 3DS / Wii U character?

It's Mega Man.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

NintendoFan64

Today I had my 2 amiibos fight...with 25 stock. It lasted over an hour.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MsJubilee

Jazzer94 wrote:

Yep huge part of why I love Xenoblade is the music, this isn't even the best song from the game.

I wonder if the main theme got in,cause wow that song was the sole reason it made me stay in the title screen.

TeeJay

I would define myself as casual-competitive, I think. I pkay the game a whole lot and consider myself very good at the game, but at the same time I've gotten my arse handed to me a lot online on a silver platter

Sometimes a gold one

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CapeSmash

UGXwolf wrote:

My point is, we kinda have to just stop labeling gamers.

"Gamer" is a label, though.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DefHalan

SockoMario wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

My point is, we kinda have to just stop labeling gamers.

"Gamer" is a label, though.

Gamer = Master Race

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan64

I think that stage bosses can cause online games to lag. I was recently doing an online match on Graur Plains, and while there was SOME lag, it didn't really get bad until Metal Face showed up.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic