Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,001 to 20,020 of 27,917

Drobotic

Ordered my first two amiibo figures today:Fox and Samus.Any name suggestions for them?

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

MsJubilee

Drobotic wrote:

Ordered my first two amiibo figures today:Fox and Samus.Any name suggestions for them?

For Samus Spamus and for Fox annoying voice.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Drobotic

midnafanboy wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

For Samus Spamus and for Fox annoying voice.

I was thinking of naming my Fox amiibo James(after James McCloud).It would be cool to get a Samus amiibo and train it to spam a lot(someone did it with a Pikachu amiibo once),but I honestly don't want to create a monster.

Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

Crimzonlogic

Drobotic wrote:

Slamus and Stairfax.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

FriedSquid

@DBPirate Yeah I've had a couple deaths on Port Town Aero Drive... But I've found what the CPUs do is walk to the far right or left to avoid getting hit. I've never done it, but you could try that to avoid the racers.

I usually have the worst time on Gamer, as sometimes I get knocked slightly into the mom's eyesight, and the attack is just enough to send me flying. Fortunately, you can get a quick KO if you throw an enemy into her blast zone!

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Pootypie

I was probably going to name my Fox (when I get him) NTFD guess what that stands for?

Also I am more than halfway through the challenges, going to get harder at top rows...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Zizzy

I don't know if this has been talked about already, but are there any plans for Smash DLC? Specifically new/more stages? Honestly, that's the only thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of new/good stages.

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

UGXwolf

@TheGreatBrawler 118 challenges cleared and the rest of these are all annoying and/or very, very difficult. I have a strategy and custom for 20 turns on Crazy Orders (Home Run Bat, Quick Batter, and heightened defense to the rescue!), but 20 turns is still easy to get KO'd on, especially if they give you a horrible choice like Ganondorf Horde, Giant Ike, or Metal Zero Suit... Which I've gotten before... Was not happy. Meanwhile, that Metroid on Smash Tour one is taunting me, because I'm about 99% certain that that's the only CD I'm missing, too.

@Squid I'm less worried about getting all the Final Smash trophies and more about clearing All-Star on Hard with Duck Hunt, who happens to be a character I can't use to save my life. Not to mention the not one, not two, but THREE challenges where I have to clear All-Star without using health recoveries. Or clearing All-Star on Hard with Jiggs in 6 minutes (better git gud with that Rollout and Rest!) Then there's a few other ones that have been taunting me, but the All-Star ones mostly just revolve around characters I don't like or have difficulties that I'm just not good enough to do... sometimes both. (Marth 9.0 12 minutes... UGH)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Zizzy wrote:

I don't know if this has been talked about already, but are there any plans for Smash DLC? Specifically new/more stages? Honestly, that's the only thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of new/good stages.

Personally, I really love the stage selection, of course, maybe it helps that I view Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U as two parts of one game, so instead of 46 stages, I see like... 65 or something like that. I forgot how many were in 3DS. 28?

Anyways, it's been discussed and Sakurai has even announced that their team never PLANNED on releasing DLC. This doesn't mean there won't be any, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's hard to predict where Sakurai's feelings will land in the future.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jefke

What is your favorite Super Smash Bros. For 3DS / Wii U character?

Jefke

DefHalan

Jefke wrote:

Yoshi

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Drobotic

Jefke wrote:

That's a hard question to answer.Here's some of the characters I'm best with/enjoy playing as the most:
-Greninja
-Robin
-Jigglypuff
-Mega Man
-Shulk
-Shiek
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Pac-Man
-Lucina

luke17

I have to admit: I suck at this game. My biggest problem? I CANNOT figure out how to K.O. opponents. Is there a strategy how to get easier K.O.'s? It seems every time I hit someone they are able to recover, yet my opponents always find ways of automatically K.O.'ing me by hitting me so hard. I get plenty of good hits in, but no K.O.'s. Any expert advice would be appreciated. (My current online record is approx. 0-20....ughh!!)

luke17

NintendoFan64

There's this glitch I found online, and I don't know if you guys have experienced it, but it's where when you input a command, it waits a bit to do it. It isn't lag or anything, it's just that the character I play as ends up taking about a second and a half I'd say to the an action after I press a button.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DefHalan

NintendoFan64 wrote:

There's this glitch I found online, and I don't know if you guys have experienced it, but it's where when you input a command, it waits a bit to do it. It isn't lag or anything, it's just that the character I play as ends up taking about a second and a half I'd say to the an action after I press a button.

Sounds like Lag. What makes you think it isn't lag?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MsJubilee

NintendoFan64 wrote:

That's input lag friendo,i got that once in the Wiiu and 3DS version of smash online.It's annoying cause i'm not going to win that fight.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Drobotic

luke17 wrote:

I have to admit: I suck at this game. My biggest problem? I CANNOT figure out how to K.O. opponents. Is there a strategy how to get easier K.O.'s? It seems every time I hit someone they are able to recover, yet my opponents always find ways of automatically K.O.'ing me by hitting me so hard. I get plenty of good hits in, but no K.O.'s. Any expert advice would be appreciated. (My current online record is approx. 0-20....ughh!!)

I'm no expert,but here's some tips that can help you get better at the game:
-Use your shields.They are essential to the game,as they are your main way of protecting yourself from attacks.There many ways to use them.Your air shield(press shield while in the air)can be used to block attacks from opponents who are trying to keep you from returning to the ground and to pick up thrown items.This grants you some short invincibility,but you should not mindlessly spam this,as opponents can punish you for being predictable once they know what you're up to.Your down shield can be used to dodge projectiles and attacks from enemies.Use it wisely.Your left/right shield lets you move away from/to your opponents,while granting you short invincibility.Use it to distance yourself from any devastating attacks from your opponents or to move quickly to continue a combo.Don't spam this as well,as it can be easy for your opponents to punish you for doing so.
-Meteor smashing.It may be a bit advanced,but it can stop your opponent's attempts at recovering.Most characters have one and they are used to hit an enemy so they go directly down to their death if there is no ground under them to save them.These are usually done by using your down air attack over your opponent so it hits them.I highly suggest doing this when whoever you want to KO is at moderate damage,because it can be easy for them to recover if they have,say,20% damage.Go to training if you want to try and learn every fighter's meteor smash,as it differs between them all.
-Smash attacks are the best way to end your opponent.They leave you open to attack,so be careful when you use them and how long you charge them up.Smash attacks are performed by holding the left stick in one direction while holding down the attack button.You can charge the attacks up to do more damage,or shortly to do a quick finisher.Doing this attack can easily send your opponent flying off the stage,forcing them to recover.When they are at high damage percentages,this attack is devastating.Remember,just time your smash attacks right to attack opponents when they are either recovering or moving towards you.
I hope these tips help.There's plenty of videos out there that have more professional advice on how to improve your game,but this is what I have for now.

CapeSmash

luke17 wrote:

Use smash attacks when your opponent is at high percents. Just don't spam them...

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

FriedSquid

@UGXwolf Yeah, it can be very annoying with challenges like that. I can be good enough with most characters, but I remember having a lot of trouble on All-Star with Palutena and Rosalina. I think it's the time limit challenges that get me the most... I haven't bothered with most of those yet but I know I'll have to do them eventually.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

NintendoFan64

midnafanboy wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

That's input lag friendo,i got that once in the Wiiu and 3DS version of smash online.It's annoying cause i'm not going to win that fight.

I know. Also, @DefHalen, the reason I didn't think it was lag was because the screen wasn't going at a snail's pace.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic