Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,181 to 19,200 of 27,917

Ralizah

Faruko wrote:

A minor annoyance, i hate that i have to select my config every time i play

That is incredibly annoying,

I have to say, online gameplay so far has been holding up much better for me than the 3DS version. Only a few matches have seriously lagged on me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MasterWario

Xiao_Pai wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

You can use custom stages on online! YAY! This is amazing!

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Anyways, anyone know the best way to create a "cage" or whatever in Stage Builder? Seems impossible without having SOME opening, I was hoping to simply create a giant square and cutting the center out, but it won't let you...I want my Chaos Box back from Brawl. TwT lol

Do you want people stuck in there the entire game? I'm pretty knowledgeable about team builder at this point, hopefully I can help.

I did that back in Brawl, it's ridiculously fun watching everyone bouncing off the walls ten bazillion times. xD

You should just be able to draw the four sides of the box and then put Magma on the top (outside). Then everyone should spawn inside. If you can't get it to work I can draw a picture.

EDIT: Just tried it myself. Yeah that should work.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

MasterWario

The stage builder is indeed limited, but I've already found enough inspiration to create 20 stages. The fact that you can draw the platforms and the magma launches you based on your percent (unlike the set distance in Brawl) opens up a ton of possibilities.

Yeah it needs some work. But I'm more than happy with what we have atm.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

CapeSmash

To me, the best part about Smash Wii U is the music. It's definitely my favorite my video game soundtrack of all time!

What do you guys think about the music?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Yoshi

SockoMario wrote:

To me, the best part about Smash Wii U is the music. It's definitely my favorite my video game soundtrack of all time!

I'm embarrassed to say how long I was in My Music listening to all the songs and fine tuning the sliding scales for every song. Does that answer your question?

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Joeynator3000

MasterWario wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Anyways, anyone know the best way to create a "cage" or whatever in Stage Builder? Seems impossible without having SOME opening, I was hoping to simply create a giant square and cutting the center out, but it won't let you...I want my Chaos Box back from Brawl. TwT lol

Do you want people stuck in there the entire game? I'm pretty knowledgeable about team builder at this point, hopefully I can help.

I did that back in Brawl, it's ridiculously fun watching everyone bouncing off the walls ten bazillion times. xD

You should just be able to draw the four sides of the box and then put Magma on the top (outside). Then everyone should spawn inside. If you can't get it to work I can draw a picture.

Drawing the box is the hard part here, since drawing a box will give you one huge square stage. Unless I'm doing something wrong here. >.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MsJubilee

I'm so happy right now everything thing works,i'm finally downloading smash bros.This turned into a good day now to wait.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

jariw

SockoMario wrote:

I don't have the game yet, but have listened to some of the remixes available on YouTube. Some really great work there! I did a rough calculation that just all the songs that are unlocked from the start would require about 10 hours of listening.

jariw

MegaStoneSmash91

I've really been enjoying the amiibos. So much so, that I went out and bought three more that I didn't even intend to buy at first. I now own 11 of the 12 from the first wave. Haven't gotten Pikachu since I just can't find a good reason. I'm not a huge fan of the character and I rarely play as Pikachu anyway, so it just doesn't appeal to me. I am, however, seriously considering getting even more from the next waves than I had intended as well. Collecting them is quite fun, and I still think they all look great.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Grumblevolcano

@MegaStoneSmash91 The Pikachu amiibo could be used in the inevitable Wii U port of Pokken Tournament.

As for me, I'm getting 8 out of 12 in the first wave (Yoshi, Mario, Peach, DK, Samus, Link, Kirby, Fox). Some of these characters I main in Smash though all of them unlock Mario Kart 8 content and 7 of them will hopefully give me more of Ganondorf's Gauntlets in Hyrule Warriors as I don't want to grind Temple of Souls (Dark Link is too annoying).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Yoshi

I overshot by one foot....

I overshot by one foot ON THE FREAKIN' R.O.B. HOME RUN CONTEST CHALLENGE.

Sakurai, you are a cruel man.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

jariw

brewsky wrote:

I overshot by one foot....

I overshot by one foot ON THE FREAKIN' R.O.B. HOME RUN CONTEST CHALLENGE.

Sakurai, you are a cruel man.

Seems like 74% is your friend.

jariw

SCRAPPER392

It's pretty difficult for me to find an online match, that isn't laggy. If the 2 minute timer is unable to run at the right pace, the match isn't even worth playing. I have a fast internet connection, so I know for a fact that a laggy match is because of someone else. Super Smash Bros. Brawl had the same problem. The connection is peer-to-peer, so if someone's connection sucks, it brings the whole game down.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

jariw

SCAR392 wrote:

It's pretty difficult for me to find an online match, that isn't laggy. If the 2 minute timer is unable to run at the right pace, the match isn't even worth playing. I have a fast internet connection, so I know for a fact that a laggy match is because of someone else. Super Smash Bros. Brawl had the same problem. The connection is peer-to-peer, so if someone's connection sucks, it brings the whole game down.

Is there an option to only connect wired players? I saw a suggestion about it on NeoGAF, but I never understood if that was an existing option or just a wish. The game releases here on Friday, so I can't check it myself yet, but I surely would like a way to avoid playing random matches against half-duplex WiFi players or people very far away.

jariw

SCRAPPER392

jariw wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Is there an option to only connect wired players? I saw a suggestion about it on NeoGAF, but I never understood if that was an existing option or just a wish. The game releases here on Friday, so I can't check it myself yet, but I surely would like a way to avoid playing random matches against half-duplex WiFi players or people very far away.

That isn't an option. The connection issues I'm having are more about router performance(most likely) or internet connection speed on their end. Alot of Wii U owners are using a wireless connection, so if their router is outdated or doesn't have the newest firmware, the wireless speed and connection is going to suffer.

I had to update my router this last week, actually, after like a year. I noticed my Wii U was loading the internet really slowly or not at all, and Mario Kart 8 was being more laggy than normal. I logged into my router, and itt needed an update. I updated, and everything was wirelessly fast again. People that don't keep their router up to date are going to have crappier internet on everything; Wii U and 3DS are just the most sensitive out of almost every other device, so it's easy to notice.

So ya, you are most likely going to be playing against wifi players with a router that needs a firmware upgrade. If only people would update their routers sigh I'd be willing to bet that even Smash Bros. Brawl would have actually worked A LOT better if people's routers were up to date.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Faruko

I really think the problems is (like every game with huge emphasis on multiplayer/online, CoD on the PS4 was a Freaking train wreck its first 2 weeks) the amount of players loading onto the servers... In about a week and with a patch or 2 things should go smooth

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Captain_Toad

The game is out (in the US at least). But Sakurai decided to keep this POTD thing going till the end of the year. Heh, enjoy this pic of the day.

"Here's a little tidbit about the song names in My Music. The tracks with a red icon are song arrangements made for this game, and the ones with the black icons are arrangements from past versions. What might be a little confusing is that some track names from Super Smash Bros. Melee are now stage names for this version. The track Corneria from Melee isn't a song that plays in Corneria in the original game, but we couldn't change the name of the track. Sorry for any confusion."
Untitled
We've included four versions of the Mute City music tracks. The regular Mute City track is from Melee, Ver. 2 is from Brawl and Ver. 3 was specifically arranged for the 3DS and Wii U versions. The track from the original game is in here too. This game probably has the most music tracks compared to any other game.
Untitled
In Sounds, you can even listen to voices of some enemies. Metal Face has as many voice variations as the fighters…He'll say something a little different when Shulk is on the field.
Untitled

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

mystman12

Xiao_Pai wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Drawing the box is the hard part here, since drawing a box will give you one huge square stage. Unless I'm doing something wrong here. >.>

First, draw a thin, vertical rectangle for the left side. Then, a thin horizontal rectangle for the bottom. Put another thin vertical rectangle for the right side, and top it off with a thin, horizontal rectangle of magma on the top.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic