Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,201 to 19,220 of 27,917

luke17

Anyone have any tips for a beginner in regards to being able to jump back onto the arena after being far away from it? It seems like others and the computer are able to jump back safely after falling off the arena, but I tend be able to jump twice, and then free fall...which isn't helpful. This is killing me in battle.

luke17

Pootypie

luke17 wrote:

Anyone have any tips for a beginner in regards to being able to jump back onto the arena after being far away from it? It seems like others and the computer are able to jump back safely after falling off the arena, but I tend be able to jump twice, and then free fall...which isn't helpful. This is killing me in battle.

It depends on your character, which character(s) are you playing as?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TeeJay

luke17 wrote:

Depending on your character, you have either your Up B or Side B moves to the in addition to your regular jumps. It's up to you to practice with your character and know which one is the most helpful. Most of the time Up B is your go-to option, but some characters' Side B are more useful.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

OneBagTravel

luke17 wrote:

Granted I'm new to the series but I feel I've gotten a good system down of double jumping back over to the platform area and then using the jump+special to lift myself to the edge. doing the double jump first is key.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

OneBagTravel

Like another user said, I hope they improve the UI so it remembers what configuration the player used last. Also it would be nice if the game content wasn't hidden behind 2-3 menu's. Most people have a large enough TV to hold more menu items then just 4 or 5. Group single player and multiplayer modes on the left or right side of the menu with a split down the middle.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com

luke17

I haven't picked a character yet...I'm still trying them all out. I like Mario but he seems really weak! his B moves don't really do any damage. Thanks for the tips. I am gonna try the jump, jump, followed by up+special move or sideways+special move!

luke17

TeeJay

NintyMan wrote:

Someone has seen some hilariously epic glitches! And it's all without any hacking.

Yikes...
And there's more freaky screenshots in his Miiverse profile. Look at them if you dare!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Guuppp/posts

Looks like King Dedede ripped off half of Kirby's face, and then Kirby broke Dedede's jaw because of that

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

Okay, so I decided to recreate all the stages from the first game that weren't Kongo Jungle through stage builder. I think they turned out a little good, if not a bit smaller. The only one that I think came out horrible was Hyrule Castle.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

luke17 wrote:

I haven't picked a character yet...I'm still trying them all out. I like Mario but he seems really weak! his B moves don't really do any damage. Thanks for the tips. I am gonna try the jump, jump, followed by up+special move or sideways+special move!

They are really good if you know how to use them, his down b can really help ko people try to recover by pushing them away from the stage, his side b is to reflect projectiles and when you are recovering keep using his side b because it moves him closer to stage while stopping his fall then up b when you are close enough

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

OneBagTravel

luke17 wrote:

Yeah Mario is tough because it seems like he has one or two extra moves that don't actually do damage. Try Luigi, he has more action based moves. But you should totally stick to one character before venturing off. Otherwise things will just get chaotic. Also try creating a configuration that disables up jump.

OdnetninAges

I'm a bit disappointed by the integration of the 3DS as a controller. You can only use it in Regular Smash, 8-Player Smash, and Special Smash. It can't be used in Smash Tour or Classic Mode Co-Op or anything else.

I tried mapping the buttons for the Pro Controller to be similar to 3DS controls (using my username), but when you get to the final battle in Smash Tour, it won't use your username, and therefore, not your controls, meaning the Smash Tour Final Battle has to be played with the default Pro Controller controls, which is really annoying.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

DreamyViridi

OdnetninAges wrote:

I'm a bit disappointed by the integration of the 3DS as a controller. You can only use it in Regular Smash, 8-Player Smash, and Special Smash. It can't be used in Smash Tour or Classic Mode Co-Op or anything else.

I tried mapping the buttons for the Pro Controller to be similar to 3DS controls (using my username), but when you get to the final battle in Smash Tour, it won't use your username, and therefore, not your controls, meaning the Smash Tour Final Battle has to be played with the default Pro Controller controls, which is really annoying.

I kinda don't like how "custom controls" have to be mapped to a name. I'd rather stick with the classic P1 icon and Brawl never forced you to do that (to my remembrance).

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MasterWario

mystman12 wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

You can use custom stages on online! YAY! This is amazing!

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Anyways, anyone know the best way to create a "cage" or whatever in Stage Builder? Seems impossible without having SOME opening, I was hoping to simply create a giant square and cutting the center out, but it won't let you...I want my Chaos Box back from Brawl. TwT lol

Do you want people stuck in there the entire game? I'm pretty knowledgeable about team builder at this point, hopefully I can help.

I did that back in Brawl, it's ridiculously fun watching everyone bouncing off the walls ten bazillion times. xD

You should just be able to draw the four sides of the box and then put Magma on the top (outside). Then everyone should spawn inside. If you can't get it to work I can draw a picture.

EDIT: Just tried it myself. Yeah that should work.

Drawing the box is the hard part here, since drawing a box will give you one huge square stage. Unless I'm doing something wrong here. >.>

First, draw a thin, vertical rectangle for the left side. Then, a thin horizontal rectangle for the bottom. Put another thin vertical rectangle for the right side, and top it off with a thin, horizontal rectangle of magma on the top.

Exactly. Make sure you draw the box big enough so every can spawn inside. Here's the illustration:
Untitled

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

dkxcalibur

luke17 wrote:

I like Mario. I wouldn't say he's my strongest character, but his smash moves seem really strong for me; and his balanced attributes seem to work good for me. Donkey Kong is my strongest character on the Wii U. But I have not unlocked Lucina yet. She's strong for me on the 3DS.

As others posted, some of the characters sideways+special moves are really good for recovery. I think Fox's sideways+special is really good. He's good but I don't tend to do good with the really fast characters......I hate Sonic!

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

MasterWario

Mario is the best simply because he beats Captain Falcon. All my mains are too slow for him

NintyMan wrote:

The soundtrack is this game is outstanding. Seriously, the remixes are so good. I don't know if I can make a clear list what my favorites are.

Lately, I've been liking this Donkey Kong remix. It's basically the chorus from Grassland Groove in a rock remix of the Donkey Kong Country Returns title screen.

I also like the tribal remix of the jungle level theme, but I can't see that posted anywhere.

I like this one a lot too. I'm a bit disappointed with their DK song selection so far, but this one was pretty sweet.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Azooooz

Squid wrote:

So the current Conquest is "Bunch of Jokers" with Shulk vs Little Mac vs Bowser... Good one, Nintendo.

Could you explain why they are called "Jokers"?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

TeeJay

Squid wrote:

So the current Conquest is "Bunch of Jokers" with Shulk vs Little Mac vs Bowser... Good one, Nintendo.

I noticed that too, but I didn't get it. Still don't

Storytime7

It's a reference to Xenoblade.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic