Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,841 to 18,860 of 27,917

Smash_kirby

So why was Issac removed as an assist trophy in version of Smash? It doesn't make any sense to me unless he was planned as a fighter for the game as DLC.

Smash_kirby

Azooooz

I can see why DLC is not planned for Smash Bros. A single character would take months to complete. Heck, even a stage would need a lot of time and investment to make I want Sakurai to rest for a while, not to tire the hell out of him.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

I can tell Sakurai seems hesitant or even wary of making more DLC, but things like this can always change. I'm sure if they really want to, Nintendo could provide the resources necessary to make it happen. I remember the Mario Kart 8 developers originally being hesitant about DLC too.

Yes, the MK8 DLC wasn't started until after MK8 had been released. Smash Bros U doesn't even have all the planned feature available yet, so they'll probably focus on that first.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Yoshi

To be honest, does this game need DLC?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

luisesteban

They are adding Mew Two, more dlc would come in the future.

luisesteban

triforcepower73

You know guys it's been great seeing that every time a first party Nintendo title releases this year, it's either 1st or 2nd place above a lot of "must-have, next gen AAA experiences" on the PS4 and Xbox One on Metacritic. Right now SSBWU sits at 2nd place, just one point off from being tied with remastered GTA 5(lol). It's 8 points higher than Dragon Age: Inquisition, 10 points higher than Far Cry 4, and 17 points higher than Little Big Planet 3.

Edited on by triforcepower73

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

NintendoFan64

brewsky wrote:

To be honest, does this game need DLC?

Well, it's a pretty spectacular game, so there isn't exactly a need for it, unless there's something Sakurai wants to do with the game, like he thinks of a character and goes "This character NEEDS to be in Smash Bros. right now!". But firsts, he needs to take a vacation.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

triforcepower73

Does anybody know how much space this game'll take of my Wii U's storage? I'm debating whether I should download it or not. I downloaded the 3DS version and partially regret that cuz now I don't have any space at all on my 3DS. I had to delete some games and memory to have enough room for Smash 3DS. So I don't want that same thing to happen to my Wii U.

NintendoFan64

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I had a feeling this was going to happen, although it's nice to see that it hasn't been ruled out.

Didn't see that before, but I can understand why they wouldn't have any plans at the moment. Also, the fact that the interviewer asked if Reggie, Miyamoto, Iwata and Sakurai could get in is hilarious.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

triforcepower73 wrote:

Does anybody know how much space this game'll take of my Wii U's storage? I'm debating whether I should download it or not. I downloaded the 3DS version and partially regret that cuz now I don't have any space at all on my 3DS. I had to delete some games and memory to have enough room for Smash 3DS. So I don't want that same thing to happen to my Wii U.

17GB, just delete the apps like youtube and netflix, they took up a LOT of space on my wii u, had enough space for the game after I deleted those apps... and deleted a game as well...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

triforcepower73

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

17GB, just delete the apps like youtube and netflix, they took up a LOT of space on my wii u, had enough space for the game after I deleted those apps... and deleted a game as well...

Ehhh... In that case, if I have to delete things, I don't really know if I want to download it. But on the other hand, I'm going on a retreat Friday and Saturday and then I'm busy all day Sunday, so I don't know if I'll have time to stop by a game store and pick it up. I'm torn.

MasterWario

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Note that by "useless" I mean extremely difficult to use, Duck Hunt is one of the few characters I had to drop to Easy difficulty to complete on 3DS and even then I failed a fair few times on that difficulty (on playthroughs that didn't even include Spirit Train).

It's just because he doesn't have the strongest smash attacks. He's much better in general Smash.

brewsky wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Hit Sandbag between 1640 and 1656 ft. in Home-Run Contest.

What's the logic behind this? o_O

They probably wanted to put in a challenge that wasn't just hit the sandbag X far, because with Ganondorf its pretty easy.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Dezzy

Currently sitting at 94 on metacritic. Putting it as the best game on the Wii U. Looks like it'll be a good christmas for the Wii U!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic