Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,861 to 18,880 of 27,917

Azooooz

ROY'S OUR BOY!
Untitled

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Azooooz

I've laughed at this so much, and then went to the comments and laughed even more.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

SparkOfSpirit

jariw wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I can tell Sakurai seems hesitant or even wary of making more DLC, but things like this can always change. I'm sure if they really want to, Nintendo could provide the resources necessary to make it happen. I remember the Mario Kart 8 developers originally being hesitant about DLC too.

Yes, the MK8 DLC wasn't started until after MK8 had been released. Smash Bros U doesn't even have all the planned feature available yet, so they'll probably focus on that first.

Exactly. I'm certain there will be DLC later, but for now it's better to focus on the game we have and polish that up as best as they can.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NintendoFan64

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

jariw wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I can tell Sakurai seems hesitant or even wary of making more DLC, but things like this can always change. I'm sure if they really want to, Nintendo could provide the resources necessary to make it happen. I remember the Mario Kart 8 developers originally being hesitant about DLC too.

Yes, the MK8 DLC wasn't started until after MK8 had been released. Smash Bros U doesn't even have all the planned feature available yet, so they'll probably focus on that first.

Exactly. I'm certain there will be DLC later, but for now it's better to focus on the game we have and polish that up as best as they can.

Right. Besides, I distinctly recall them saying DLC would be an afterthought. Mewtwo gets a free pass because he's only there as a reward for those who get both versions. For now, let's just enjoy the game as it is. ONLY 2 MORE DAYS!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

jariw wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Right. Besides, I distinctly recall them saying DLC would be an afterthought. Mewtwo gets a free pass because he's only there as a reward for those who get both versions. For now, let's just enjoy the game as it is. ONLY 2 MORE DAYS!

two more days? more like 24 hours...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Yoshi

I have about 32 hours left, and it appears that my Link amiibo will be arriving tomorrow instead of Friday. Wasn't expecting that.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Pootypie

brewsky wrote:

I have about 32 hours left, and it appears that my Link amiibo will be arriving tomorrow instead of Friday. Wasn't expecting that.

I don't even get how the time works xD So many say that the game is releasing 24 hours but the release date is determined midnight at est... so confusing

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Yoshi

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

brewsky wrote:

I don't even get how the time works xD So many say that the game is releasing 24 hours but the release date is determined midnight at est... so confusing

I don't understand, either, since the game isn't coming out in Europe until later. All I know is that it releases digitally at midnight Eastern time, and for me, midnight Central time because I'm buying physical.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

Currently sitting at 94 on metacritic. Putting it as the best game on the Wii U. Looks like it'll be a good christmas for the Wii U!

To be fair that's out of 13 reviews. Not that I expect it to get any lower once the rest come in...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Yoshi

CanisWolfred wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Currently sitting at 94 on metacritic. Putting it as the best game on the Wii U. Looks like it'll be a good christmas for the Wii U!

To be fair that's out of 13 reviews. Not that I expect it to get any lower once the rest come in...

Well, we know that NL will bump it down with a 9. Let's face it, after reading that review, it's an obvious 9, unless the online is the greatest thing ever made on the planet.

Now playing:

Akazury

Only 9 days left. Add another week if you want the amiibo bundle like me ;p

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

CapeSmash

SERIOUS IMPORTANT URGENT QUESTION FOR USA PEOPLE:

Will the GameCube SSB4 bundle be available in stores? Thanx.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CanisWolfred

SockoMario wrote:

SERIOUS IMPORTANT URGENT QUESTION FOR USA PEOPLE:

Will the GameCube SSB4 bundle be available in stores? Thanx.

I thought it was, but it seems to be a litmited edition thing. Good luck getting it anywhere now.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

IceClimbers

So Smash has a 94 on Metacritic right now. Thankfully, not too much water.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

LzWinky

Ridley IS too big.

Oh that's rich

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

NintendoFan64

Oh my God, the Ridley haters were right all along!...They're never gonna let the Ridley fans hear the end of it, are they?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

Yellowtails wrote:

Now I just want to know his stance on King K. Rool.....

From what he's implying, there are no plans for DLC, so King K Rool will most likely not be in the game

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

May_Nyan

I obsessed over new smash bros since it's announcement, and always looked at pic of the day and any new announcements, and watched the videos a lot but I suddenly feel a lack of interest
I don't have a wii u and even if I did I there are 14 different games (super mario 3d world, new super mario bros., mario kart 8, tropical freeze, wind waker hd, hyrule warriors, pikmin 3, wonderful 101, captain toad, kirby rainbow curse, splatoon, yoshi's wooly world, new zelda, shin megami tensei x fire emblem) I would choose before smash bros. at the moment.
I feel quite sad about it =(

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

LzWinky

Probably because King K Rool didn't make the cut? Does he really have to explain every character decision?

LzWinky

I think he already mentioned that the dev team made suggestions and some sort of voting. I can't recall exactly though

I honestly like Duck Hunt because of how ridiculous he is

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic