Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,721 to 18,740 of 27,917

Pootypie

jariw wrote:

Supposedly 2 days (according to Neogaf rumors) until the embargo for SSB U is lifted. Which review site will give the highest/lowest score for it, between IGN, Polygon, Eurogamer, EDGE and NintendoLife?

If they don't rate it 11/10 I will be mad.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaStoneSmash91

We shouldn't accept anything other than "A Smash hit /10"

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Crimzonlogic

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

What Third Party Character would you want in SSBV?

Wonder Red would be awesome. Maybe Bayonetta but I wonder if just having her would give the game an M rating. How about those little Meteos aliens? Or a Meteos stage.
Zack & Wiki for a more obscure character. I think that would work like Duck Hunt. Shaking Wiki around can turn opponents into things momentarily. On second thought, that would be better as an assist trophy.

I was just wondering: Since Pokemon is made by Gamefreak and not Nintendo, does that make it a third party thing? What exactly makes something third party?

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Grumblevolcano

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

Tails or Knuckles, I'm pretty sure Shadow is most likely to happen though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaviarMeths

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

Notable Japanese 3rd parties with Nintendo history missing a rep:

Konami: Simon Belmont
Square Enix: Cecil (Dark Knight)
Atlus: Jack Frost
Koei Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa (based on his sleeveless blue NES/SNES design)

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

RR529

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

• Tecmo Koei: Ryu Hayabusa (the NES NG trilogy is almost as iconic as the NES Mega Man games, and he also has had a few appearances on current Nintendo systems)
  • Square Enix: Sora (KH has been pretty prolific on Nintendo handhelds, including a release on 3DS. Only problem would be if whether or not Disney would OK it, as the Kingdom Key has a Mickey emblem as it's keychain)
  • Konami: Snake (He's already been in the series, and has had a more up to date release on Nintendo hardware with Snake Eater 3D)
  • Ubisoft: Rayman (Already has a trophy, as well as consistent releases on Nintendo hardware since his creation)
  • Activision: Spyro (Hey, Skylanders was originally pitched to be Nintendo exclusive, and apparently the games sell the best on Nintendo hardware?)

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Azooooz

Pic of the day. "Intensify your activity by dodging a rampaging car".

Untitled

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

ZurrrrBlattTron

Is Square Enix was to be chosen I would love to see someone from FFIV (Cecil,Kain freak it even Rydia), FFVI (Terra or Celes) or it could be someone from Bravely Default (Agnés or tiz) ANDD if there's a story mode I want a epic battle scene between the chosen Final Fantasy rep and a Fire Emblem rep (probably Marth or Lucina)
Thinking about it now the Black Mage can also work for anyone who's seen Super Smash Flash, he's also more iconic

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

NintendoFan64

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

-Rayman (though I'm not sure if that will ever happen now given how Ubisoft no longer seems to give a crap about Nintendo or its fans).
-Commander Video. Given how Nintendo seems to be in good terms with indie developers, I would think they'd want to keep it that way, and he just sorta seems the most likely.
-Either a Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy character. Also, I don't think Sora or Geno are ever going to appear as a Square Enix rep.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Azooooz

4 days before launch. We're getting closer, guys.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Pootypie

Azooooz wrote:

4 days before launch. We're getting closer, guys.

More like 3 days, according to the exact time it is being released.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Blast

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

What's even the point of asking the question for a game that won't come out for multiple years??? Smash Wii U isn't even out yet!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Inkling

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

Well if you mean all of them - Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Bomberman and finally Rayman.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

UGXwolf

I think any of you who remember me hating on Pac-man (funny how he became one of my favorites to use) will know who I want in, already.

-Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) - He'd be a swordsman that's actually good in the air. Potential moveset could include Tempest as his up-B Demon Fang as his side-B, Sword Rain as his standard-B, Beast as his down-B, and either his mystic tech as his FS or he'll summon his friends and do a series of their specials, possibly ending in a powerful combo special. He's even got powered up versions for specials. Omega Tempest, Double Demon Fang, Alpha Sword Rain, Fierce Beast, or he could have other moves from his move pool like Rising Falcon, Guard (could work as a reflector), or any of his other attacks that I can' remember off the top of my head. He wouldn't need much work to have combos as ToS already has an extremely similar battle system to Smash. In fact, if you go back and play Tales of Phantasia, you'd swear it was a precursor to Smash 64.

-Tiz or Sora - Well, this one's a bit more difficult. You see, Sora is more iconic to the series, but he might be harder to get proper rights to. Sure they can just use another keychain, but Disney still has a say in how the character's used, I imagine. Tiz is more interesting because he would have a set playstyle. His customs could use moves from entirely different classes, and that's unfortunately why I don't think he'd work, but I'd really prefer to see him. Either way, it's about time Square Enix got some rep.

-Banjo and Kazooie - You all know you want him. I know this is an in-your-dreams scenario, but if Rare weren't owned by Microsoft I'm about 90% sure these two would already be in the game! Conker would make a nice Assist Trophy, too, if not his own character slot. (I know, technically these guys were second party, at the time.)

-Simon Belmont - Stereotypical reasons are stereotypical. We've already established that Castlevania supports Nintendo better than MGS does. Snake returning /would/ be easier, though.

Edit: As a fun side-note, you can actually find some of Lloyd's actual moves (namely Tempest and Sword rain) in the Swordfighter Mii's move pool. Funny how that works. Gonna go ahead and say that was probably intentional.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Uncle_Franklin

I don't want any more 3rd party characters in Smash Bros, I feel it's kind of done now. And Nintendo should should just buy Sega already, which of course would make Sonic 2nd party.

Uncle_Franklin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic