Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,701 to 18,720 of 27,917

CapeSmash

Guitardude7 wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

One more thing, Project M was only meant to fix the downsides of Brawl that I've mentioned, it wasn't meant to be a whole new game altogether like some people are making it out to be on here.

All the downsides you mentioned are not downsides.

So... long loading times and tripping are good?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MsJubilee

SockoMario wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

One more thing, Project M was only meant to fix the downsides of Brawl that I've mentioned, it wasn't meant to be a whole new game altogether like some people are making it out to be on here.

So... long loading times and tripping are good?

Who doesn't want to trip in the wrong moment, then get blasted away because of it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NinjaWaddleDee

No, Project M is better than Brawl, gameplay wise (in my opinion) but doesn't touch Smash Wii U at ALL. Here's the order of my favorites: Smash Wii U > Melee > Project M > Brawl > 3DS > 64. So yeah, Smash Wii U is at the top for me, with Melee close behind.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

CapeSmash

Fom a gameplay stand point: Melee + PM > Brawl + Smash Wii U > Smash 3DS > Smash N64

From a competitive stand point: Melee + PM > Smash Wii U > Smash 64 > Smash 3DS >>>>>> Brawl

From a content stand point: Smash Wii U > Brawl > Melee > Smash 3DS > Project M > Smash N64

From a fun stand point: ALL OF THEM.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Gridatttack

IceClimbers wrote:

@Gridatttack I was surprised that New Pork City didn't come back in Smash 4. Would be perfect for 8 Player Smash.

I can see why. It seems it was more or less replaced by palutenas temple.

And the other factor was that it was really hard to move around the stage....and the ultimate chimera...

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Blast

I really do see myself playing this game nonstop when I get it

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Looks like I'm picking this over Pokemon ORAS since I'm getting the Gamecube adapter bundle. I'm sorry pokemon, maybe later. ;_____;

That's why I wish Nintendo offered a cheaper bundle deal for situations when they released multiple big games on the same day.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MegaStoneSmash91

I'm super pumped for the game itself, of course, but I also really want to take all my amiibos for a spin. I'm quite liking the idea of creating my own personally trained versions of the characters to fight with and against. Training them should be fun and interesting. I wonder how far their learning can go.....

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

FriedSquid

Squid wrote:

So I guess our next wave of amiibos will look something like this (if this hasn't already been said) :

Zero Suit Samus
Palutena
Robin
Charizard
Greninja
Olimar and Pikmin
Pac-Man
Lucina (probably)

If that's our next wave, I'll probably get Robin, Charizard, Pac-Man, and Lucina.

I would also like to think there would be a final wave of the secret characters around late spring, that way Mewtwo's amiibo could also be released once he's available. (it would make sense to add him to a wave around that time, unless there are more DLC characters and we see an even later 'DLC wave' of amiibos)

Hmm, I was just thinking that Lucina would probably be added to the fourth wave in order to top it off to an even 8 amiibos, plus she is the only unlockable character that was officially revealed and not hidden on the website.

However, she's still unlockable on the Wii U and 3DS versions... So just what would happen if you used her amiibo but you hadn't unlocked her yet? Would it automatically unlock her for you? Or would it be useless until you unlock her?

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

MrWalkieTalkie

At Toys R Us you'll be able to get 3 amiibos for $30 at launch

I'll definitely be taking up that offer and will get Mario, Yoshi, & Kirby

And if any of those aren't available then Donkey Kong, Samus, or Fox will be back-ups.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Crimzonlogic

UGXwolf wrote:

More importantly, I went to the GameStop demo and the Nintendo rep brought a Mario Amiibo. I'm happy to say it looks closer to the E3 figurine than these hilariously derp ones circling the web.

This is good to hear! Did you happen to see any Marth figures? If so, did they still look derpy?

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

DBPirate

Guitardude7 wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

@Guitardude7 Let's explain, Classic mode was boring to go through because it dragged on forever and hardly changes who you fight and the order on who you fight (at least 64 was more exciting because it didn't make you do target mode like two or three times and the overall feel of 64 didn't make it dreadful and Melee had other things to break up the action a bit and who you fight was random) and all star mode is always fought in the same order by series and you can't fight no more than two characters at a time which made it go on even longer. (Project M didn't fix this, but they reduced the loading times so it made it a bit more bearable.) Tripping was a stupid thing to add to the game and why they thought it would be a good idea to put in, I'll never know. (I don't even need to say that Project M removed that quickly) Brawl did dumb down the gameplay a bit compared to Melee, like how Mario Kart Wii was dumbed down compared to Double Dash but that's a whole different story. The loading times in Brawl was terrible. Melee loaded faster than Brawl when you have to fight a wave of enemies, when loading a stage, and pretty much everywhere else. (Project M fixes the loading times like I said earlier, so when you beat the first few enemies, they don't leave you hanging for a few seconds or the first ten seconds) Okay, maybe SOME of the Melee characters that were cut wasn't too bad, but my point still stands about everything else.

@Yellowtails What are you talking about? Classic mode doesn't drag on forever and it was definitely randomized. If you honestly think Smash 64s classic mode was better, then you've clearly never played that games classic mode. It's the same thing every time and board the platforms wasn't much better.

Tripping was stupid, I'll give you that but it wasnt THAT bad. It rarely happened to me.

You're absolutely wrong when you say Brawl dumbed down the gameplay. The gameplay is exactly the same, just slower. It's more methodical and requires you to be more strategic and careful with your moves. I can see why some people pefer Melee's speed but that doesn't make Brawls bad. Just different. (Also Mario Kart Wii was not dumbed down whatsoever, it was exactly the same, I dont even know where you got that from)

Loading times weren't that bad. Slow yes, but bearable. Keep in mind that the disk its working on is double layered and requires more processing. Project M is just an external file on an SD card. Melee runs faster because it was a much smaller game in comparison.

IN DEFENSE OF THE RANDOM BRAWL HATE GOING ON:

Classic mode-The characters were randomized but some parts weren't. For example, Stage 1 was always a random Zelda character, Stage 4 was always a series that used to be Japanese-only (EarthBound/Fire Emblem), and Stage 6 was always a planet explorer (Metroid/Pikmin).

Tripping-Never noticed it. And no, I am not going crazy.

Speed-How is the speed so slow? Melee looks way too fast IMO. It seems as though you're barely able to actually control your character. Brawl is must better paced. (MKWii was dumbed down...facepalm)

Loading-Never slow for me except at the beginning when the intro had to be loaded. That was almost unbearable. Other than that, no problems with the loading.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

LzWinky

I don't really hate Brawl...i just hated the tripping and gimped features. The characters were great and the Subspace Emissary...cutscenes were good. The gameplay itself was redundant though

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

Yellowtails wrote:

@Guitarhero7 It was the first game, so I was a bit more forgiving for 64's classic mode. Brawl doesn't have any excuse, since Melee was more randomized. And all star is the same in Brawl, where Melee was random and you could fight three at a time, where they reduced to two at a time. Maybe I was a bit hard on Brawl in the gameplay part, but I still prefer Melee's faster gameplay, since it feels like you're more involved in the game.

@DBPirate Mario Kart Wii was a step down from Double Dash Gameplay, Content, and Graphics wise, (Double Dash was graphically on par for Gamecube, Wii wasn't) Mario Kart Wii was basically a stripped down version of Double Dash. Overall, Double Dash and DS were better.

Also, I know that it sounds like I hate Brawl, but I really don't, even though I play Project M more now, though.

I'm going to reiterate what I said before. Limitations don't make something less bad, they just justify how bad it was. It was the first one, and honestly, a set order was just about the only way to handle it, anyways. Classic Mode was only about three fights away from a decent All-Star Mode. I will also admit that Brawl's Break the Targets was extremely disappointing. I understand making 35 (39?) separate break the targets stages is asking a lot, but five? And it's the same for absolutely everyone? That's just kinda depressing.

Second off, I completely disagree on everything you just said about MKW. I feel the gameplay in Double Dash was actually rather lacking. The two-player karts thing was a nice gimmick, and the tracks were really crazy, but not super imaginative. Just really fun to drive on. I also felt the special items set up was complete and utter bull crap. Drifting was a bee with an itch. Aside from the track layouts, I think Double Dash is my least favorite 2D Mario Kart. And while MKWii didn't take complete advantage of the Wii's hardware, it was still a graphical step up from Double Dash. Again, limitations don't make the game less bad, they just help explain why it was bad. (Not saying Double Dash is actually bad. I love all of the 3D Mario Karts.)

I also don't see how it was a step down in content. There were more characters, more karts, more tracks, more just about everything, really. The only things I could see you complaining about are the lack of 50cc Mirror and 100cc Mirror, which were unnecessary padding, anyways. I much prefer just having one Mirror cup, thank you.

Now, if you'd said it was better balance-wise? I'd've laughed hysterically. You wouldn't be wrong, but naturally, this is Mario Kart, so balance is always bad, anyways. X3 Which I then refer back to special items being bs.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Yellowtails wrote:

@UGXwolf Eh, it wasn't much of a graphical step up since double dash didn't take advantage of the gamecube either. There was no multiplayer Grand Prix in Wii, but I guess the battle mode sort of made up for it. Battle mode was much better than Wii's, and the items were more annoying in Wii. I think the replay value went way down since online ended, so that also factors into my preference for Double Dash. I think Wii felt more for people who haven't played a Mario Kart game before than for Mario Kart veterans, because I felt more involved in Double Dash, than in Wii.

Except I /am/ a Mario Kart veteran. I started on Mario Kart 64 and I've played every Mario Kart except for 7. I didn't really like Double Dash, as in my opinion, the only particularly good things were track layout and the novelty of the two-player kart mechanic. (Though I did forget that Wii took out multiplayer Grand Prix. Glad that returned.) I also didn't like DD's Battle mode. Honestly, I don't think there's been a good home console battle mode since 64.) I absolutely hated the all cup tours. Besides, despite the balance issues, bikes are awesome, kart classes are pretty cool, as is the way the stats system works, which factors in everything you include, instead of just two things (largest character and kart choice). I get the nostalgia for Double Dash, but I just felt it wasn't all that great.

(Just for reference, my MK preference is: MK8 > MKWii > MKDS (snaking ruins it for me) > MK64 > DD > SMK > SM:SC. Obviously I can't rate MK7 as I've only played it once and for a very short time.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic