Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,541 to 16,560 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

The_Ninja wrote:

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSB4_trophies_(EarthBound_series)
Anyone else think that Lucas trophy is hinting at something?

Depends on the story of Mother 3 but yes it could suggest Lucas as DLC or unlockable by connecting the Wii U and 3DS versions together.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inkling

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Inkling wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByVyvi1CcAAoJyu.jpg

Uh oh, more leak time, looks like we need to call Mario

Probably fake

OMFG my ****ing brother made that! XD

In fact, I was watching him make it! LOLOL

I don't mean to be rude to your brother, but what exactly is the point in creating fake leaks? I mean, does some random person wake up and go " I think today I'll go play with the emotions of a fanbase!", because that's kind of mean. Unless of course it was in order to give the fans false hope of something, but even then it would eventually be debunked, meaning the false hope would've been all for nothing. I mean, I really don't get why people would make a fake leak other than to troll people.

He wasn't passing it off as real. I told him to post the image on Twitter to share to his friends for a simple laugh. But, it spreaded around the web and now he regrets making it.

I see. It was just to have a good laugh...okay, I can see that. I mean, he wasn't trying to make it seem real or toy with people's expectations. He was just trying to have a good laugh.

Yeah I found it on a Twitter post, which was linked to GameFAQs. It seemed pretty fake.

Also in the Twitter post it said that it was real! XD

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

KO-Cub

"Before adventuring, Lucas was a timid, cautious boy. His journey has made him a stronger person. Maybe he met someone to spend his life with... Hang on—we're moving way too fast! For now, remember that Lucas and Ness are favorites in the hearts of EarthBound fans."

Soon...

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Crimzonlogic

I don't think that means DLC, but it could be.

Are they still going to make a separate Amiibo peripheral for the regular 3DS, or is the New 3DS's feature the thing they were talking about when they announced that?

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Grumblevolcano

Crimzonlogic wrote:

I don't think that means DLC, but it could be.

Are they still going to make a separate Amiibo peripheral for the regular 3DS, or is the New 3DS's feature the thing they were talking about when they announced that?

Yes, regular 3DS and XL needs the separate peripheral whereas for New 3DS and XL you just put the toy on the touch screen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

Crimzonlogic just popped a idea into my mind. Instead of actual DLC. Maybe they make the characters content in an Amiibo. Like they make a Wolf or Lucas Amiibo and we then buy it (Thus Nintendo get money) and then you put the figure on the WiiU and 3ds to unlock the characters.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Crimzonlogic

MetalK9 wrote:

Crimzonlogic just popped a idea into my mind. Instead of actual DLC. Maybe they make the characters content in an Amiibo. Like they make a Wolf or Lucas Amiibo and we then buy it (Thus Nintendo get money) and then you put the figure on the WiiU and 3ds to unlock the characters.

Then we'd have to pay $12.99 per extra character. No thanks.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.

NintendoFan64

MetalK9 wrote:

I don't know if they'd do that. I mean, what if you can't find the Amiibo? I think it'd be more convenient to just download the DLC. And you probably wouldn't have to download it twice3(once for both versions), because maybe you could connect the two versions to transfer the data to whichever version you didn't download the data to.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

jariw

MetalK9 wrote:

"According to Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime, amiibo will not be used to unlock new content for the games, as is the case with Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures."
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/60990688/nintendos-am...

jariw

MrWalkieTalkie

Crimzonlogic wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Then we'd have to pay $12.99 per extra character. No thanks.

What if buying a character separately on the eShop was like, say $8. And buying the amiibo figure was around $12. Buying both separately would add up to about $20 plus tax. But what if you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and just buy the figure, scan it on your GamePad, the game will detect its a DLC character and then redirect you to the eShop where it'll download that character for free. In the end you'd only pay around $12.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Nintendo6400

jariw wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

"According to Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime, amiibo will not be used to unlock new content for the games, as is the case with Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures."
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/60990688/nintendos-am...

Good! I never liked idea of unlocking new characters through smart toys.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Captain_Toad

NintyMan wrote:

I wish there were newcomer trailers for the rest of the newcomers, such as Dark Pit's being a new episode of the Kid Icarus anime. I think Bowser Jr.'s and Duck Hunt's would be very interesting too.

Heh, well sakurai did say we do have a bunch of newcomer trailers left.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

I wish there were newcomer trailers for the rest of the newcomers, such as Dark Pit's being a new episode of the Kid Icarus anime. I think Bowser Jr.'s and Duck Hunt's would be very interesting too.

I honestly would love to see Duck Hunt's trailer.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Crimzonlogic

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

What if buying a character separately on the eShop was like, say $8. And buying the amiibo figure was around $12. Buying both separately would add up to about $20 plus tax. But what if you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and just buy the figure, scan it on your GamePad, the game will detect its a DLC character and then redirect you to the eShop where it'll download that character for free. In the end you'd only pay around $12.

I'm not going to buy an amiibo for every character, though. I would hate it if I were forced to buy one to unlock a character, is all I'm saying. And if they do DLC, the characters had better not be eight bucks a pop. What do you guys think a dlc character would cost? Maybe they will have sets like the Mario Kart DLC.
The only amiibos that I know I will get for sure are Charizard, Pit and Dark Pit. I might get Palutena and Samus if I have spending money later on. Other than that, I don't really want to buy any more. I just want my favorites.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.

camerica1618

DLC characters should definitely not be $8 a piece. That's about a sixth of the cost of the whole game. If they do DLC for this game, I want what I pay for. Mario Kart 8 is a good example for this. I spent about $13 for 16 tracks, 6 characters, and 8 vehicles that I will eventually get. That's definitely worth the money. The biggest problem that I have with DLC is that it's usually WAY overpriced. Nintendo seems to be doing it right so far with MK8, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Golf, and some others. I'd say that $8 is worth at least 5 characters along with a couple extras (stages, assist trophies, items, alternate skins).

camerica1618

Inkling

For MK8, I had hoped that one amiibo would unlock the same as a DLC pack, but they don't unlock anything

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

CapeSmash

I laughed.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic