Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,521 to 16,540 of 27,917

DefHalan

NintendoFan64 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Operative wrote:

If we do get DLC characters, it would be cool if Nintendo gave us the option to buy them with in game coins, so you could spend time grinding to get the money. It would at least make them feel more natural to get than if you just put in some credit card details

That needs to happen! I mean, then it would feel like you actually earned them instead of just buying them.

And you don't earn money? Remember, Nintendo is a business.

Good point. Nintendo needs the money. But it doesn't matter, because I'm most likely going to buy all the DLC for this game if DLC does come.

maybe have Rusty sell you the DLC and you can use coins to get certain percentages off lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

You know, if Bowser hadn't constantly changed sizes throughout the Mario games, people would be using the same arguments for him as they do for Ridley: "He'd look weird if he was shrunk down. It'll ruin his character!"

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TeeJay

IceClimbers wrote:

You know, if Bowser hadn't constantly changed sizes throughout the Mario games, people would be using the same arguments for him as they do for Ridley: "He'd look weird if he was shrunk down. It'll ruin his character!"

How about we drop the Ridley thing for now...I'm so sick and tired of hearing about it... :/

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LzWinky

Ridley isn't in it folks. Let's move on

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TuVictus

TeeJay wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Operative wrote:

If we do get DLC characters, it would be cool if Nintendo gave us the option to buy them with in game coins, so you could spend time grinding to get the money. It would at least make them feel more natural to get than if you just put in some credit card details

That needs to happen! I mean, then it would feel like you actually earned them instead of just buying them.

And you don't earn money? Remember, Nintendo is a business.

I'm betting many kids that will play this game don't earn the money. It would at least distance Nintendo from the bad DLC stigma by offering other ways to" pay"

TuVictus

Inkling

Oh god the Smash community is turning into the Meme Run community

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

LzWinky

If Nintendo allows to use in-game currency, then there's no point in a price tag

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TuVictus

Maybe, maybe not. It would be a nice experiment though

TuVictus

LzWinky

Operative wrote:

I wouldn't call it an "experiment". I'd call it "I don't want to pay for DLC. Nintendo don't charge me plz!"

UGXwolf

@Inkling I'm about 90% sure that the picture of Mewtwo matches his trophy. My memory may have failed me, though, and I'm too lazy to go check.

@MetalK9 I think you missed the whole thing about meaningful sizes. Again, it doesn't really matter if the character is 1 centimeter or 1 kilometer, so long as they feel the same size as they do in their respective games. Now Olimar does feel small, but he doesn't feel THAT small, since everything else is pretty small, too. Similarly, Samus is supposed to feel tall, not freakishly large, same as Rosalina, so they have a similar size in Smash. Ridley never feels the same size as Samus, barring the original Metroid (again, due to technical limitations). He always feels massive and really seems to be just right as a boss. I'm not saying he COULDN'T be scaled down to be playable, but I think he'd lose something that makes him Ridley if we did that.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

Inkling wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByVyvi1CcAAoJyu.jpg

Uh oh, more leak time, looks like we need to call Mario

Probably fake

OMFG my ****ing brother made that! XD

In fact, I was watching him make it! LOLOL

Here's proof that I'm not lying:
Untitled

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Crimzonlogic

SockoMario wrote:

His fake leak skillz are no gooooood.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

TuVictus

WaLzgi wrote:

Operative wrote:

I wouldn't call it an "experiment". I'd call it "I don't want to pay for DLC. Nintendo don't charge me plz!"

TuVictus

TuVictus

[quote=Operative]

Operative wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Hah, oh boy are you desperate

TuVictus

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Probably fake

I don't mean to be rude to your brother, but what exactly is the point in creating fake leaks? I mean, does some random person wake up and go " I think today I'll go play with the emotions of a fanbase!", because that's kind of mean. Unless of course it was in order to give the fans false hope of something, but even then it would eventually be debunked, meaning the false hope would've been all for nothing. I mean, I really don't get why people would make a fake leak other than to troll people.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CapeSmash

Crimzonlogic wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

His fake leak skillz are no gooooood.

It was meant to be a joke, and he wasn't trying to pass it off as real. It just happened to spread around the web, which me and him weren't expecting. lol

Btw, he made it in under 20 minutes. He even admitted he wasn't trying with it (because it's suppose to be a joke). He makes these "leak" pictures in his spare time, because... I dunno. lol

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Probably fake

I don't mean to be rude to your brother, but what exactly is the point in creating fake leaks? I mean, does some random person wake up and go " I think today I'll go play with the emotions of a fanbase!", because that's kind of mean. Unless of course it was in order to give the fans false hope of something, but even then it would eventually be debunked, meaning the false hope would've been all for nothing. I mean, I really don't get why people would make a fake leak other than to troll people.

He wasn't passing it off as real. I told him to post the image on Twitter to share to his friends for a simple laugh. But, it spreaded around the web and now he regrets making it.

Smash Mains:

LzWinky

5 minutes of fame is a big deal to some people

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Probably fake

He wasn't passing it off as real. I told him to post the image on Twitter to share to his friends for a simple laugh. But, it spreaded around the web and now he regrets making it.

I see. It was just to have a good laugh...okay, I can see that. I mean, he wasn't trying to make it seem real or toy with people's expectations. He was just trying to have a good laugh.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic