Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,561 to 16,580 of 27,917

KryptoniteKrunch

camerica1618 wrote:

DLC characters should definitely not be $8 a piece. That's about a sixth of the cost of the whole game. If they do DLC for this game, I want what I pay for. Mario Kart 8 is a good example for this. I spent about $13 for 16 tracks, 6 characters, and 8 vehicles that I will eventually get. That's definitely worth the money. The biggest problem that I have with DLC is that it's usually WAY overpriced. Nintendo seems to be doing it right so far with MK8, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Golf, and some others. I'd say that $8 is worth at least 5 characters along with a couple extras (stages, assist trophies, items, alternate skins).

Yeah, no way characters alone will be $8 a piece. Nintendo's smart with their DLC pricing; $12 for BOTH DLC packs for MK8 and $20 for the HW season pass etc. If/when Smash has DLC they'll probably do in form of packs(2-3 characters, 5 stages or something).

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Sir_Diabeetus

Morphbug wrote:

NintenNess wrote:

Untitled

What the.......

He messed with the Jiggs.

He really did. Jiggs screwed up P:M's physics, just so Jiggs can get revenge (kinda).

EDIT: Crud, I have to edit this, because my English just became terrible.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

R_Champ

Morphbug wrote:

NintenNess wrote:

Untitled

What the.......

He messed with the Jiggs.

Jiggs doesn't go easy O_O. Heck, Lucas even got cut from the roster!

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

LzWinky

Alright Nintendo. Rev up those C&D letters for Project M with a note that says "Buy Smash for 3DS and Wii U"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

Or even better, allow them to continue under the condition that they add bothersome and disruptive advertisement for the real games in every screen of the game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

IceClimbers

I gotta wonder, do some of the Melee elitists think that Sakurai secretly made "Project B", a mod of Melee that makes it play more like Brawl?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

The_Ninja wrote:

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSB4_trophies_(EarthBound_series)
Anyone else think that Lucas trophy is hinting at something?

"Wolf used to fight in Andross's army, tangling with Star Fox in battle after battle. After Andross's exile, he went his own way and formed a mercenary team called Star Wolf. He and his eternal rival, Fox, have even fought on the same side from time to time...but inevitably, they always meet again as enemies."

I'd say if you wanted to get suspicious over small blurbs of text, this one is EXTREMELY suspicious.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Morphbug wrote:

That one indicates he's a regular major enemy in the Star Fox games.

Just as the first one indicates that Lucas is still a fan favorite. I'm saying that people are looking a little too far into things, but if they want to do that, the quote from Wolf's description can be taken out of context to directly imply that he'll be back.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Nintenbomba64

[quote=CaviarMeths]

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Off-topic, but I hope that Sakurai takes a short break after this game (like 3 months of well-earned vacation time) and then works on something new for Wii U, either a new IP or an old revived classic a la Kid Icarus.

a new Duck Hunt Adventure type game with DogDuck working together to save their master.

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0834-3222-4994

Nintendo Network ID: Nintenbomba64

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Just as the first one indicates that Lucas is still a fan favorite. I'm saying that people are looking a little too far into things, but if they want to do that, the quote from Wolf's description can be taken out of context to directly imply that he'll be back.

Why else would that put Little Mac, Shulk and Lucina in? Because they have a major fan base. Surprise me if Ridley actually makes it and not because he's a nemesis to Samus but everyone wanted him. "...but inevitably, they always meet again as enemies." Ditto to Morphbug's comment. "Lucas and Ness are still fan favourates." Telling you as main characters, they are beloved by the fans always. And, well it's obvious that people would jump to conclusions about Lucas's trophy description since the game is about playing as your favorite Nintendo characters.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

jump

MetalK9 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Why else would that put Little Mac, Shulk and Lucina in? Because they have a major fan base. Surprise me if Ridley actually makes it and not because he's a nemesis to Samus but everyone wanted him. "...but inevitably, they always meet again as enemies." Ditto to Morphbug's comment. "Lucas and Ness are still fan favourates." Telling you as main characters, they are beloved by the fans always. And, well it's obvious that people would jump to conclusions about Lucas's trophy description since the game is about playing as your favorite Nintendo characters.

I'd say there is a difference between someone having fans and having a "major fan base".

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Azooooz

Unusual for Sakurai not posting a pic on Miiverse during the weekdays.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DreamyViridi

I do prefer the Team outlines than forcing the character colours to change. It's a small change but a nice one nonetheless.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FlaygletheBagel

DreamyViridi wrote:

I do prefer the Team outlines than forcing the character colours to change. It's a small change but a nice one nonetheless.

I feel the same way. That said, the outlines don't look all that noticeable on the Wii U version. Maybe they'll have the option to thicken them like they do on 3DS.

Also, side note, can I just go ahead and acknowledge the fact that this game comes out in THREE more days? Three more days until we get to enjoy the next iteration of Smash. I love playing the demo to tide myself over, but the magic only carries me so far without being able to customize and unlock stuff. It's only a matter of time before that's possible to do!

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

KO-Cub

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

I feel the same way. That said, the outlines don't look all that noticeable on the Wii U version. Maybe they'll have the option to thicken them like they do on 3DS.

Also, side note, can I just go ahead and acknowledge the fact that this game comes out in THREE more days? Three more days until we get to enjoy the next iteration of Smash. I love playing the demo to tide myself over, but the magic only carries me so far without being able to customize and unlock stuff. It's only a matter of time before that's possible to do!

3 days. Don't rub it in. I got 4.
Anyway, it's said that the further the screen pans out during a match, the bigger the lines will be to the fighters.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

TeeJay

I was wondering if the Wii U version would have team outlines too. Cool. Perhaps the subtlety is there because the HD visuals eliminate the need to make them obvious.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic