Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,161 to 13,180 of 27,917

DreamyViridi

I don't see it here so I hope nobody minds me posting the POTD.

Untitled
Pic of the day. The mysterious fighting teams that appear in the Smash Bros. series come in many shapes and sizes, but this time even we don't know what all of them will look like! It's said that they copy faces from Mii characters saved on your system and attack in a large throng…!! But wait, they all have big smiles on their faces. Looks like they're having a good time, so show no mercy and launch them all away!!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Undead_terror

A̼̥̱̗̬̖ṉd͓͇͍̘̞̪ ̲͎̥͎̣̗̱n̺o̙̭̲̭͔ ͍͚̱̰͎̞̻m̖̻e̦͚r͕̻̗̰͉c̺̙̗̤y ̤̝̝̼̻t̹̜͙͕̼̼hey̞̹͚ͅ ̘̭̥͚̟̳w̥̩̖̮̗i̤͔̥̗̳͔̠l͕̱̯l ͚g̟̙e͖̘t̰̗̰̙͕͖ ̱f͉̠̺̳͍̹ͅr̪̪̳o̤̖̜͕͕̝͉m ̠̱̫̦̦ͅM͍̯̬ḬI͉̠!̠͇

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

RR529

That PotD is kind of... plain, given what's been shown recently, and the proximity to the game's release.

Maybe there'll be somthing of slight substance in today's Nintendo Direct (even though it's Japan only...)?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

19Robb92

If SSB4 is supposed to be all the things he's mentioning in the interview, I agree with him. If you want ot get competitive, you can. If you want to play casually, you can.

That's a perfect set-up for these games.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

MegaStoneSmash91

@DestinyMan Some good thoughts and comments there. If it wasn't painfully obvious by now, the man knows what he's doing. Clearly he's put a lot of thought into the new games. They're more interesting than the previous titles, he says? Excellent. With all the features revealed so far I'm not surprised. The speed of the game sounds good to me, too, though I'm pretty sure he mentioned his plan for it before. Not Melee, but not quite Brawl either. I wonder how similar the demo was to the final release. It felt just about like that to me, but perhaps that aspect hadn't been perfected yet in the demo.

Is it October yet?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Aviator

DestinyMan wrote:

• Sakurai thinks we should move away from a focus on tournaments to more on inexperienced gamers.
  • Makes a huge deal about the tournament at E3.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

Sakurai in an interview with EDGE:

• Sakurai believes speed and the excahnge of skills is what made Melee so popular
  • He regrets that Melee became too complex for more novice players because of Melee's complex and tiring controls
  • If tournament popularity was the most important consideration, then Sakurai thinks he would create a Smash Bros. game with fast controls. However, he thinks that's the greatest shortcoming of fighting games right now.
  • Brawl was a rather tame game because of Sakurai and team having to simplify the controls for the casual crowd, taking away some of the excitement
  • Sakurai thinks we should move away from a focus on tournaments to more on inexperienced gamers
  • "Companies that release products that target a very vocal, visible group of gamers tend to receive good reactions and they may feel good about it, but I think that we have to pay special attention to the less vocal, not so visible group of players, or else games will just fade away."
  • It's important for Smash Bros. to be a "rough" party game in which anyone can play without being pressured to win or lose, so there is a nice balance of events that happen in the game
  • Smash Bros. isn't just a fighting game; it's an opponent-based action game
  • The most important thing for Smash Bros. is the game having breadth and depth, and appealing to both core and casual
  • The new games, while not as fast-paced as Melee, still manage to keep the dynamism because there's not a situation in which Sakurai and team have to accommodate as much casuals as before
  • All the characters were recreated almost from scratch
  • Sakurai personally feels that Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U is more interesting than the past three games

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236145-sakurai-on-the-importance-...

And now I'm 95% sure nothing has changed gameplaywise since the demo I played which is a shame.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CaviarMeths

Speed somewhere between Melee and Brawl with random tripping removed would be fine.

Aviator wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

• Sakurai thinks we should move away from a focus on tournaments to more on inexperienced gamers.
  • Makes a huge deal about the tournament at E3.
  • Makes an even huger deal about playing for fun at Best Buy.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Azooooz

This week, in my opinion, brings nothing new about the game. Most of the info from Miiverse is from the website. I hope that Sakurai should start giving out new info next week before game release.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Tsuchinoko

Shulks character portrait looks different than the leak

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Jazzer94

And the leak is once again proved to be even more trust worthy.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Tsuchinoko

I never played the game. Who was that at the end?

TeeJay

So @Nintendo6400 what say you?

Smug grin

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

Uhh, Xenoblade remake. (^-^)v

UGXwolf

@Everyone talking about the leak. Shulk looked pretty similar to the Shulk in the leak, but I didn't see his down aerial or his up special, and his down Smash looked more complete than it did in the video. Also, if you honestly thought Shulk wasn't going to be in the game, you're a moron. That just confirms the most obvious character in the leak and hardly does much to suggest it's real.

Not to mention that the leaked roster and the leaked video can't be confirmed to be from the same person, meaning one does not prove the legitimacy of the other.

On a side note, looks like Ghirahim and Phosphora are in that special position of having plenty of moveset potential, but not enough relevance to be made playable. Maybe next time, if you guys suddenly become more important... but probably not.

On the flipside, people saying his portrait doesn't look the same appear to be forgetting something. Smash Boards user MasterLinkX came out and admitted to editing the Shulk portrait in the "leak." It looks different because the one you saw was, indeed, fake, but that has no impact on the rest of the leak.

I will also admit that the up (Smash? Tilt?) looks exactly the same, but as with the Gematsu leak before it, until I see DHD, I don't believe a word of it.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

@UGXwolf I can't believe you.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

ZurrrrBlattTron

#MONADOFRIDAY SHULK WAS WRECKING SOULS I'M SORRY GUYS BUT I SHALL DESTROY ALL OF YOU WITH SHULK

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic