Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,141 to 13,160 of 27,917

SparkOfSpirit

It's hard to believe that the 3DS version is just around the bend, and then the Wii U version not long after. It's also amazing when you remember that we're getting TWO Smash Bros. games in less than a year.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

@DefHalen remember back when people could actually make false character rumors and people would actually believe it? Mew under the truck, anyone?

Toad unlockable in Melee

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

retropunky

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@DefHalen remember back when people could actually make false character rumors and people would actually believe it? Mew under the truck, anyone?

Toad unlockable in Melee

But we want Captain Toad or nothin!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

UGXwolf

@DefHalen How about Metal Mario, Master Hand, Sonic, and Tails being playable in Smash 64? I actually tried that, btw. You had to get off the top right corner of Final Destination and it'd warp you into a newcomer fight with Sonic and Tails.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

@DefHalen How about Metal Mario, Master Hand, Sonic, and Tails being playable in Smash 64? I actually tried that, btw. You had to get off the top right corner of Final Destination and it'd warp you into a newcomer fight with Sonic and Tails.

I actually tried a couple different ways of getting Toad. The one that stuck in my head was having to shoot all the credits after not taking any damage in Adventure mode on Normal or higher... Don't know if I ever shot all the credits but I never unlocked Toad lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

Oh! Oh! Here's a thought! What if the "leak" is intentional by Sakurai and entirely correct except for Mewtwo and the complete roster just has a hole where Mewtwo would otherwise be?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

ZurrrrBlattTron

I still believe DLC is in, we'll just get the 3ds version for now, and right before the Wii U version is out then BAM SMASH DIRECT PART 2 CONCERNING WII U FEATURES MODES AND NEW DEFAULT CHARCTERS! If you get the Wii U version you can transfer these new characters to your 3DS version for free however if you're content with smash run you could just download them off of the ESHOP

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

FlaygletheBagel

UGXwolf wrote:

Oh! Oh! Here's a thought! What if the "leak" is intentional by Sakurai and entirely correct except for Mewtwo and the complete roster just has a hole where Mewtwo would otherwise be?

I want this to be true SO badly! It would be hilarious if his last POTD is just a picture of the leaked images, and he says something like, "Guess what? I'm the leaker, suckas! drops mic, walks out"

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Tsuchinoko

torotoid64 wrote:

I still believe DLC is in, we'll just get the 3ds version for now, and right before the Wii U version is out then BAM SMASH DIRECT PART 2 CONCERNING WII U FEATURES MODES AND NEW DEFAULT CHARCTERS! If you get the Wii U version you can transfer these new characters to your 3DS version for free however if you're content with smash run you could just download them off of the ESHOP

The level of quality and the hype that it has created has made me want Smash DLC similar to what MK8 has gotten.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

MrWalkieTalkie

Yeah, hope for DLC has rekindled thanks to Mario Kart. I could see it happening, I mean it's an obvious gold mine for Nintendo, and the way they've been handled DLC so far has been fantastic, so I'd like to see what they'd do with Smash.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Nintendo6400

Tsuchinoko wrote:

torotoid64 wrote:

The level of quality and the hype that it has created has made me want Smash DLC similar to what MK8 has gotten.

Same here and especially if Wolf has truly been cut. There are still a lot of characters I'd like to see make smash. Here is my wishlist:

Shulk (still think leak leaked footage is fake)
Bowser Jr. (footage looked real )
Ghirihim (AT )
Isaac
Hades
King K. Rool
Mewtwo
Ganondorf (NEW MOVESET!)
Black Shadow (with Ganondorf's old moveset)
Paper Mario (unlikely)

I feel certain at this point that I am not getting all the characters I wanted, but with the magic of DLC, I might get a few more characters who didn't make the game. I can dream, right?

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Uncle_Franklin

I really hope all previous stages will be available eventually.

Uncle_Franklin

RR529

If the leaked roster is real (and final), this is what I'd like for DLC...

Darkness Pack:

• Mewtwo (with Pokémon Stadium as a retro arena)
  • Wolf (With the Brawl Star Fox as a retro arena)
  • Dark Samus (with a new arena)
  • Vaati (new arena based on Palace of the Winds which was his dungeon in Four Swords, or Dark Hyrule Castle from Minish Cap)

Explorers Pack:

• Isaac (with a new arena)
  • Midna (with Elden Bridge as a retro stage)
  • Paper Mario (with another new PM stage)
  • Roy (with the Brawl FE arena as a retro one)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

2Sang

RR529 wrote:

Darkness Pack:

• Vaati (new arena based on Palace of the Winds which was his dungeon in Four Swords, or Dark Hyrule Castle from Minish Cap)

Explorers Pack:

Dark samus and midna are already at's though. How would you think that would work? Replace the at's with characters or keep the at's and make it awkward when midna uses herself for an at?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

SparkOfSpirit

RR529 wrote:

Darkness Pack:

Explorers Pack:

Replace Dark Samus with King K Rool, Midna with Ice Climbers, and Roy with Lucas and you've got a deal.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Shirma_Akayaku

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Darkness Pack:

Explorers Pack:

Replace Dark Samus with King K Rool, Midna with Ice Climbers, and Roy with Lucas and you've got a deal.

Do we really need Roy? Sure Roy is slightly different from Marth, but with Lucina in the game it seems a bit redundant, doesn't it? Lucas is fine where he is.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

RR529

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Darkness Pack:

Explorers Pack:

Actually, that's a good idea (I kind of spaced out on Lucas & Ice Climbers, as I was going to include them, but forgot).

@2Sang, I forgot that they were assist trophies (I usually overlook those, lol), so I'll replace them.

Darkness Pack:

• Mewtwo (Pokémon Stadium /retro)
  • Wolf (Brawl Star Fox arena /retro)
  • K. Rool (new arena)
  • Vaati (new arena based on Palace of Winds or Dark Hyrule Castle)

Explorers Pack:

• Ice Climbers (with either one of their past arenas /retro)
  • Lucas (Onett /retro)
  • Isaac (new arena)
  • Paper Mario (another new PM arena)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

MrWalkieTalkie

2Sang wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Darkness Pack:

Explorers Pack:

Dark samus and midna are already at's though. How would you think that would work? Replace the at's with characters or keep the at's and make it awkward when midna uses herself for an at?

I'd like to think that IF Assist Trophy characters were to be playable, then they can't show up as an assist, if not then maybe just a color swap of them? I mean, there's already a LOT of assists, so I don't think that would affect the game much if a few couldn't be accessed while they're busy fighting.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

RR529

Last update, I promise, lol.

RR529 wrote:

Darkness Pack:

• Mewtwo (Pokémon Stadium /retro)
  • Wolf (Brawl Star Fox arena /retro)
  • K. Rool (new arena)
  • Vaati (new arena based on Palace of Winds or Dark Hyrule Castle)

Explorers Pack:

• Ice Climbers (with either one of their past arenas /retro)
  • Lucas (Onett /retro)
  • Isaac (new arena)
  • Paper Mario (another new PM arena)

Soldier Pack:

• Snake (Shadow Moses Island /retro)
  • Roy (Brawl FE arena /retro)
  • Any of the rival bounty hunters from MPH (new arena)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (new arena)

This way, each pack consists of two veterans/retro stages, and two newcomers/new stages.

As for Ryu Hayabusa? Tecmo Koei seems to be the only "big" Japanese developer left without a rep, and due to the current closeness between the two companies, a rep wouldn't be out of the question (especially if DLC is taken into consideration). As for Hayabusa himself, he has both nostalgia going for him (NES Ninja Gaiden trilogy), and plenty of modern Ninty appearances (Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, and Warriors Orochi 3).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic