Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 821 to 840 of 14,636

Grumblevolcano

There is more information given in the EU Direct than the US Direct regarding amiibo support (the most important info comes from 16:10 onwards, look at the challenge numbers):

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

unrandomsam

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Octane wrote:

3 amiibo for 3 costumes, that's €30+ for 3 costumes, no thanks, I'll pass.

If only that was true, then I'd just ignore the amiibo. Exclusive weapons are unlocked via the 3 amiibo so important content is being locked behind a rare figurine.

We don't know for certain they are not just ones that act the same but look different though. (Or even if they are only usable in the campaign).

I think the same as you but we don't totally know yet. (If somebody has a leaked copy and tested it then I am interested in any more concrete information).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Whopper744

I'm really hoping these amiibos are actually obtainable. So far they've done a poor job with keeping up stock, or at least in the states. I can't speak for everywhere else. I mean this has been a problem since last November with the very first wave of Smash amiibos. I'd hope they could at least make these guys easier to find by this point.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Retro_on_theGo

NintyMan wrote:

Splatoon might support the Dr. Mario amiibo. The Nintendo website has it being compatible.
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/aTkh7avfSbKaitAxdGQAen_...

Well that's... random. Guess it'll be compatible with all smash amiibos if this is true. They probably would have announced it though. Maybe it's a mistake?

veeflames

Dang. No voice chat. Disappointing, but whatever. I still need Splatoon.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

MsJubilee

"Amano says: “This is coming from personal experience. When I played online games, I didn’t like the negativity I got and people telling me ‘You’re crap. Go away’. So we wanted to focus on the positive aspects of online gaming”. Amano says he’s not saying that chat in an online game can’t contribute to fun but they want to grab new players."
Do they know what a mute button is? Or there just being way too sensitive? Cause the guy just had to press the mute button and there you don't have to hear them so simple.2015 and they can't add this simple option,wow just wow.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TuVictus

People will no doubt defend that awful logic, but it's okay in the end. I never thought they'd add it in after the fact so there's no use in getting annoyed at it again.

TuVictus

IceClimbers

"One respawn point per team, but you’re invulnerable while on it to discourage campers."

Untitled

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Dezzy

People in voice chat on games are pretty awful though, he's got that right.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Kami2Kami

Hey guys, this has probably already been covered but I was just wondering what exactly do the Amiibo's do in Splatoon? I ordered the Inkling Amiibo bundle from the Nintendo UK Store and just wondering if I should get the boy Amiibo too.

Do they actually come to life when you use them (like SSB)?

Systems: Wii U, Wii, New 3DS Ambassador Edition, 2DS
Amiibo Collection: Villager, Rosalina, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Link, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Pit, Shulk, Fox, Yoshi, Toad, Squid Inkling, Meta Knight, Ganondorf (pre-ordered), Yarn Yoshi (pre-ordered)

Nintendo Network ID: Kami2Kami

jump

Bushido_Fai wrote:

Hey guys, this has probably already been covered but I was just wondering what exactly do the Amiibo's do in Splatoon? I ordered the Inkling Amiibo bundle from the Nintendo UK Store and just wondering if I should get the boy Amiibo too.

Nope, they unlock extra missions (stuff like time attack on certain levels) and new gear.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jariw

Bushido_Fai wrote:

You get special missions (15 different per amiibo) that you can clear to get extra clothing and weapons. Since things seems to be balanced so no combo is overall "better" than any other, the amiibo just seem to give you a wider range of choices.

jariw

Kami2Kami

jariw wrote:

Bushido_Fai wrote:

You get special missions (15 different per amiibo) that you can clear to get extra clothing and weapons. Since things seems to be balanced so no combo is overall "better" than any other, the amiibo just seem to give you a wider range of choices.

Ah right ok - thanks - I may just hold out on getting any extra amiibo then and see how the squido goes. I have too many amiibo around at the moment so I'm being picky with any new ones I get.

Systems: Wii U, Wii, New 3DS Ambassador Edition, 2DS
Amiibo Collection: Villager, Rosalina, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Link, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Pit, Shulk, Fox, Yoshi, Toad, Squid Inkling, Meta Knight, Ganondorf (pre-ordered), Yarn Yoshi (pre-ordered)

Nintendo Network ID: Kami2Kami

Grumblevolcano

TwilightAngel wrote:

"Amano says: “This is coming from personal experience. When I played online games, I didn’t like the negativity I got and people telling me ‘You’re crap. Go away’. So we wanted to focus on the positive aspects of online gaming”. Amano says he’s not saying that chat in an online game can’t contribute to fun but they want to grab new players."
Do they know what a mute button is? Or there just being way too sensitive? Cause the guy just had to press the mute button and there you don't have to hear them so simple.2015 and they can't add this simple option,wow just wow.

True but on the other hand (this doesn't seem to have been considered by Nintendo), having a chat functionality makes the Gamepad become even more of an OP controller. Not only can you only view the map on the Gamepad but also it would've been the only way to communicate.

Of course if Nintendo created a Pro Controller v2 which had a headset port then my comment would not be true anymore though I doubt that'll ever happen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sparx

Just realized, he called it 'rare' gear instead of 'unique' meaning maybe it's possible to get the gear without amiibos, only its a lot harder?

My avatar is from here

MsJubilee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

True but on the other hand (this doesn't seem to have been considered by Nintendo), having a chat functionality makes the Gamepad become even more of an OP controller. Not only can you only view the map on the Gamepad but also it would've been the only way to communicate.

That's just an excuse it just shows Nintendo isn't with the times with online features.It's sad i was pretty interested in this game.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic