Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 801 to 820 of 14,636

Azooooz

For the first time, I've never been this excited for a shooter game like Splatoon. Definitely a game that I'm looking forward to buying.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Dezzy

The file size isn't that surprising really. The majority of that will be textures, which a game like this will tend to reuse quite efficiently. Same with Mario 3D World. But that had like 80 stages or something ridiculous. I'm guessing Splatoon won't have that many.

Or don't wait at all and just look elsewhere:

£24.95 preorder.
http://www.thegamecollection.net/catalog/product/view/id/1186...

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy wrote:

The file size isn't that surprising really. The majority of that will be textures, which a game like this will tend to reuse quite efficiently. Same with Mario 3D World. But that had like 80 stages or something ridiculous. I'm guessing Splatoon won't have that many.

Or don't wait at all and just look elsewhere:

£24.95 preorder.
http://www.thegamecollection.net/catalog/product/view/id/1186...

I've already preordered with GAME as they're the only place to have the amiibo edition so far.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inkling

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I've already preordered with GAME as they're the only place to have the amiibo edition so far.

Did you pre-order instore? I can't preorder online.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Nin10dad

Inkling wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I can't seem to pre order online. Same thing with the Wooly world bundle. Anybody else in the UK found anywhere to pre order any of the newly announced trinkets? I usually go digital due to the horribly noisy disc drive, but for the sake of these shiny new Amiibo I will be purchasing physical editions.

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Grumblevolcano

Inkling wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Yes, I did. The Yoshi bundle wasn't available when I preordered so I went for standard and will upgrade when available.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inkling

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Yes, I did. The Yoshi bundle wasn't available when I preordered so I went for standard and will upgrade when available.

Huh. I'll pre-order the special edition of Splatoon when I get a screen protector for my 3DS.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

CaviarMeths

MasterBlaster wrote:

I just checked Amazon to see what the price was in the USA, and noticed Splatoon is rated #202 in their list of top selling video games.

Doesn't sound too promising.

Eh?

Concern trolling isn't usually your style. Are you OK?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

cookiex

In-store ads in Japan

Untitled
Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

luisesteban

Very small....zippermaniacs.

luisesteban

Azooooz

Supuratoon!

Sorry, I just want to say it in Japanese.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

TuVictus

I love the colors of the boxart. Really attracts the eyes to it

TuVictus

Nicolai

@cookiex, I want it! I wish I could buy that booth! This is the single reason why I want to live in Tokyo. Stuff like this always looks more exciting over there! I'll probably pick this up at Best Buy, and there will be like 3 boxes there.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

PaperMario64

I can't decide if I want to download the game or buy the disc.
It's a small download and I won't be hasseled with changing discs, and I heard some say it's faster loading times with HDD.
On the other hand it part of the experience to have the box.

PaperMario64

ZuneTattooGuy

I am very happy that I was able to pre-order the three-pack of Splatoon Amiibos. I will most likely be buying this game digitally

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

Grumblevolcano

I just missed the 3 pack. From the information in the Direct, my hype for Splatoon is close to dying as these amiibo have exclusive weapons and gear.

Grumblevolcano

Nin10dad

So the UK Nintendo store is now taking pre orders for Splatoon. Having spent the bank holiday weekend at home, the minute I go out the pre orders go up. Already seeling out quick. Missed out on the 3 pack & game option, and it appears that they are not selling Inkling boy and girl seperately. Bizzare.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/wii-u/splatoon/splatoon-squ...

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Octane

3 amiibo for 3 costumes, that's €30+ for 3 costumes, no thanks, I'll pass.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Octane wrote:

3 amiibo for 3 costumes, that's €30+ for 3 costumes, no thanks, I'll pass.

If only that was true, then I'd just ignore the amiibo. Exclusive weapons are unlocked via the 3 amiibo so important content is being locked behind a rare figurine.

Grumblevolcano

TuVictus

Yeah, I think Nintendo might be crossing the line with amiibo bonuses in Splatoon. I mean I wouldn't care if I knew there would be enough stock of them, but we all know that's not the case. Hopefully it won't unbalance the game for those unable to get it. Though I do hope to get them eventually :/

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic