Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 14,636

TuVictus

I mean it's their only game until the fall isn't it? At least here in the U.S. Of course they'll advertise it. They don't have much else to push people towards at the moment

TuVictus

Balder

The testfire completely sold me. Put my full preorder in today. Cannot wait to get down on some Splatoon. BTW put me in camp no voice chat. Yeah I know some people really wanted it, but you guys have like every other mp game ever, let us have this one lol.

Commercials seem fine and great fun. Come on guys, this is not supposed to be hipster or cool it's a Nintendo game about squids.

"My name is Balder. But if you so choose, you may address me as… Father."

Nintendo Network ID: dfrag77

VoodooTrumpet

Gonna pre-order this evening I think

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Araquanid

Wait.. bychance is another splatoon demo out or something? There's some guy on twitch playing splatoon online (TheAttack). I would've assumed this was another testfire.. but he's the only guy streaming it, and there are quite a few players online he's playing with..

Am I missing another testfire or something? I'm not exactly keeping up with the news

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

kyuubikid213

TwilightAngel wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Voice chat: It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Well...I'd argue that we don't need voice chat. Call of Duty Black Ops II has voice chat and not once, NOT ONCE, has it ever been used in a way conducive to the game in any match I've been in. I've tried to use it to warn my teammates about enemies flanking us or try and organize an attack, but it never mattered. More often it's kids blabbering about nonsense, guys hitting on female players, some dude with music blaring, and background noise of a family dinner.

Assassin's Creed's voice chat is built into the GamePad and no one uses that either...and those game modes are usually DEPENDENT on teamwork to win it. But nope. Nothing aside from occasional friendly conversation.

While I only played one of the Testfire sessions, I didn't feel that having voice chat was absolutely necessary.

i was never going to reply to you ever again but. You're acting like everyone's experienced what you experienced like this "I didn't feel that having voice chat was absolutely necessary" Yeah you didn't feel the need for it,but what about the other's? Nah screw them right? Here's another thing "NOT ONCE, has it ever been used in a way conducive to the game in any match I've been in" Yeah you been in there's others who actually used voice chat in COD to help them win. And voice chat is an option that if you don't want to use it, fine mute everyone. But the other's who wanted to actually use voice chat they got screwed in the long run. Is not fair they went the lazy route and took it out cause they don't know what a mute button is.

Thank you for replying to me again. I get lonely when I don't get replies...

But seriously, I wasn't saying that EVERYONE had these problems. I did say that they were issues I'd run into more often than not, so that's why I feel voice chat isn't necessary. On top of that, someone did point out that this game is aimed at younger audiences and having people swear and scream at each other (a matter of when, not if), isn't something you want in that kind of game. Even slapping a "Online Content Not Rated By ESRB" stamp on there wouldn't really matter in the end.

I will admit that muting is a thing that could absolutely work out, but I still don't think this game NEEDS voice chat. A lot like I didn't feel Super Mario 3D World didn't NEED online play (though I wish Nintendo Land did).

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

IceClimbers

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Wait.. bychance is another splatoon demo out or something? There's some guy on twitch playing splatoon online (TheAttack). I would've assumed this was another testfire.. but he's the only guy streaming it, and there are quite a few players online he's playing with..

Am I missing another testfire or something? I'm not exactly keeping up with the news

Review copies.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Kaze_Memaryu

Okay, I've been playing for 4 days now (by just leaving the tutorial running without quitting the game or turning my WiiU off), and the tutorial section got boring yesterday. I was reluctant to even end the tutorial, but I didn't feel like it was gonna satisfy me anymore. Now to wait for the full game...

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

yokokazuo

Any Canadians out there trying to get the Splatoon amiibo set? (With girl, boy and squid amiibos) I believe that best buy Canada has them in stock still. I don't think they ship outside of Canada though.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

yokokazuo

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Okay, I've been playing for 4 days now (by just leaving the tutorial running without quitting the game or turning my WiiU off), and the tutorial section got boring yesterday. I was reluctant to even end the tutorial, but I didn't feel like it was gonna satisfy me anymore. Now to wait for the full game...

I kept the tutorial open for about an hour or so, but ended up closing it. I kind of wish I still had it open though... I've been constantly watching Splatoon videos on YouTube since the Testfire haha.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

erv

You're a squid now, you're a kid now, you're a squid, you're a kid now! Splat splat splat splat OON!

All of you who wished nintendo would promote, expose, market their games. Are you happy now? ARE YOU?! This is what you wished for! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Budda

Seems like Nintendo disabled the comments on that commercial. booh Nintendo booh.. lol

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Grumblevolcano

GameXplain confirmed that you can only use the Gamepad in all modes except Battle Dojo. Kind of obvious but it's an important thing to note.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

Around 45,200 total points is required to reach level 10 (required for ranked battles).

jariw

Octane

jariw wrote:

Around 45,200 total points is required to reach level 10 (required for ranked battles).

That's about 50 decent matches. Shouldn't be too long until Ranked Battles are unlocked then.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Octane wrote:

jariw wrote:

That's about 50 decent matches. Shouldn't be too long until Ranked Battles are unlocked then.

940 is "decent"? Most of my winning matches were around 750

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KryptoniteKrunch

Cheesehead302 wrote:

Dear God, has any one seen that new Splatoon commercial? Are they trying to lose sales or something, that was embarrassing to sit through my god. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjPOSKnOftA

I didn't think it was that bad. It had gameplay and not just 90% cinematic fluff/non gameplay footage like some video game ads on TV have these days. The song wasn't anything to write home about imo, but it'll probably appeal to kids, which it's supposed to. Nintendo always airs their ads on the kid networks so this works for that.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Octane wrote:

jariw wrote:

904, about 900 per match. Most of mine were between 900 and 1000, so it's definitely possible. Make it 60 matches then. Anyway, my point is that if the community is quite active that score can be easily reached within a couple of days for most people.

Octane

jariw

Octane wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Octane wrote:

jariw wrote:

904, about 900 per match. Most of mine were between 900 and 1000, so it's definitely possible. Make it 60 matches then. Anyway, my point is that if the community is quite active that score can be easily reached within a couple of days for most people.

There was this speculation on NeoGAF that since Splatoon releases on a Friday, it would be quite possible that enough people reach level 10 until Monday that Nintendo will unlock the Ranked Battles by then.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic