Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 14,636

Octane

jariw wrote:

Octane wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Octane wrote:

jariw wrote:

Around 45,200 total points is required to reach level 10 (required for ranked battles).

That's about 50 decent matches. Shouldn't be too long until Ranked Battles are unlocked then.

940 is "decent"? Most of my winning matches were around 750

904, about 900 per match. Most of mine were between 900 and 1000, so it's definitely possible. Make it 60 matches then. Anyway, my point is that if the community is quite active that score can be easily reached within a couple of days for most people.

There was this speculation on NeoGAF that since Splatoon releases on a Friday, it would be quite possible that enough people reach level 10 until Monday that Nintendo will unlock the Ranked Battles by then.

That's possible. However it also depends on how many people need to reach level 10, and how well the game will sell. If they require more people to reach level 10 than the number of copies the game sells during its first week, then it might actually take a while until Ranked Battles are unlocked.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Azooooz

Regardless of the advertisement, we can all agree that this game is phenomenal.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Kai_

MajinSoul wrote:

I really like this commercial (way more than the squid kid one for sure):

Still pretty bad xP I'm not bothered by the terrible adverts though, anyone that's embarrassed or put off buying the game because Nintendo is marketing it towards children (which it's clearly aimed at) is being silly. At least the Japanese one is cool.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

ZuneTattooGuy

Does anyone know if we pre-purchase Splatoon digitally through the Wii U EShop do we still get the Smash Bros Costume DLC? I sent an email to Nintnedo to ask this, but wondering if anyone heard anything about this?

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

DefHalan

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Does anyone know if we pre-purchase Splatoon digitally through the Wii U EShop do we still get the Smash Bros Costume DLC? I sent an email to Nintnedo to ask this, but wondering if anyone heard anything about this?

Wasn't that a GameStop Pre-Order Bonus, not a general Pre-Order Bonus? I am just hoping I will be able to buy that DLC separtly.

@MajinSoul I like that commercial more than the others. They should record a full 2-minute version of that song and release it to download digitally lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GrailUK

I have to say that the end of the song "Splat AT AT AT AT AT AT AT AT Splatoon" captures the feel of the game. The rest of the song is meh.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Haiassai

I am REALLY curious what kind of people would sign on for Splatoon. Sure, we'd get a bunch of youngins, but would they reflect the stereotypical screaming teenager?

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

MajinSoul

Having played League of Legends for 5 years now, I have to say this is not accurate. The real community is way worse. And yes, this is one of the many reasons why I don't mind the lack of voice chat or a chat function in general.

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

Chaoz

Untitled

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

luisesteban

f you missed out on the first Splatoon Global Testfire, we’re doing another one! Download the software in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U starting today, May 15, at 7 a.m. PT and meet us online on Saturday, May 23, from 3-4 p.m. PT. May the best mess win! http://Ninten.do/61867fNY

luisesteban

Rintyrocks

MajinSoul wrote:

Having played League of Legends for 5 years now, I have to say this is not accurate.

First off, I was thinking what the heck? then..

MajinSoul wrote:

The real community is way worse.

Sooo true XD

Rintyrocks

3DS Friend Code: 4828-5504-9607 | Nintendo Network ID: mememe1000

shingi_70

Weird that people are still stuck on the whole no voice chat thing, it sucks but at the end of the day their's nothing we can do about it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Azooooz

To be honest, I could careless about the voice chat, as I don't use it during my gaming session.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

GrailUK

Azooooz wrote:

To be honest, I could careless about the voice chat, as I don't use it during my gaming session.

Soooo...you do care? I couldn't care less myself.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Azooooz

GrailUK wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Soooo...you do care? I couldn't care less myself.

Sorry, I'm not that good with language function. What I meant to say is that I don't care about voice chat as I rarely use it.

DefHalan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

To be fair, League of Legend's community is notoriously toxic and awful.

Lots of popular communities are. It takes time for the trolls to move on and with this being a main release on Wii U it would take a while. I don't think it is to much of a exaggeration.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kyuubikid213

DefHalan wrote:

I found this and thought it could fit here

http://kotaku.com/theres-a-reason-why-league-of-legends-doesn...

As a League of Legends player for the past year and a half, I can confirm that what @MajinSoul says is true.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic