Forums

Topic: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 214

DBPirate

jariw wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

Octane wrote:

Is that actually real clay or CGI? I cannot tell the difference..

I believe that Kirby and the enemies are real clay while the environments are CGI. Don't quote me on that though.

Sorry for quoting you. I think Kirby is all-CGI, just like Yoshi's Wooly World. The pictures are clearly CGI (look at the round Kirby outline and you'll see that the "circle" outlines consists of a number of straight lines with rounded corners). Both these products seem extremely well done in terms of "realism".

The upcoming Amikrog game however, is real clay animations and I believe there has been a confusing mix between that title and Kirby by some of the gaming sites.

Ah, it's ok. The only reason I said "don't quote me on that" was because I had heard that info from a WiiFolderJosh video.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

shingi_70

That video was so sweet it gave me diabetes.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

jariw

Watching the new video, I just realized that the whole user interface is made out of clay. As usual, I like the great attention to detail in this game, since I assume I'll probably play it for the details and visuals rather than for the gaming challenge.

jariw

WebHead

Can't wait for this game. Excellent choice for Wii U's kickoff title for 2015.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DreamyViridi

The intro was so pretty, but I'm confused as to why Kirby is the way he is in the game. He can walk around perfectly fine, nothing stops him from doing so like in Canvas Curse/Power Paintbrush. Ah well, I guess he prefers rolling in this case; and at least Bandana Dee shows his importance instead of just being here. The game will, no doubt, be a fun one.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SavoirFaire

My only gripe is the price point simply because it insinuates a shorter game. I hope it's not a ~10 hours with low replay value.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

Grumblevolcano

SavoirFaire wrote:

My only gripe is the price point simply because it insinuates a shorter game. I hope it's not a ~10 hours with low replay value.

I agree, was expecting this to be mid price point like Captain Toad. Not that I'll get to play it any time soon because of its 5+ month delay to Europe.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SavoirFaire

This will be a pale shadow of a Kirby game if I don't get to kick the $#%^ out of King Dedede!! That stupid penguin doesn't get enough beatdowns!

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

Blast

Just wow. I want this.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Captain_Toad

NintyMan wrote:

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse has its own version of Super Smash Bros. trophies, as you can collect in-game figures that look just like the ones in Smash. There's even a description of the character and a gallery where you can look all over the figure just like in Smash!

Aww Sakurai. You and your packing in stuff in games.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Yoshi

Captain_Toad wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse has its own version of Super Smash Bros. trophies, as you can collect in-game figures that look just like the ones in Smash. There's even a description of the character and a gallery where you can look all over the figure just like in Smash!

Sakurai's not making this game. He hasn't made a Kirby game in years....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Captain_Toad

brewsky wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

What?! How far back?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Dave24

Captain_Toad wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

What?! How far back?

If I remember correctly, something around 10 years or so

Dave24

outburst

So why the heck this is being delayed for like 4-6 months in Europe?

outburst

jariw

BensonUii wrote:

Kirby games apparently usually get a delay in NoE by tradition. But why, I don't know.

Perhaps NoE get Mario Party 10 before NoA?

jariw

Moms-Meowth

BensonUii wrote:

NOE hate Kirby. Don't forget we got totally forgotten about with the Kirby Dream Pack. At the time I was. Lets just say "Slightly annoyed with Nintendo" because they never brought it to the EU. Was a gem that'll never get played by these hands

"Quote Samwise7
@Moms-Meowth Lol, so classy and sarcastic. Love it."

Octane

BensonUii wrote:

Keep in mind that they moved their offices in Europe a few months ago. I think they wanted to get Smash out before the holidays, Captain Toad got delayed, I think Kirby got the short end of the stick as well. I imagine that they'd rather have games like Smash and Splatoon arrive on time, than a game like Kirby.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Akazury

Can we call it a delay when it has always been announced as coming in the second half of 2015? The only thign we know now is that US gets it in february, it's not like the pushed it back from an earlie date

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.