Forums

Topic: JAPAN - January 28th 2015 - Investor Briefing [Discussion / Coverage]

Posts 21 to 40 of 78

MsJubilee

Twiilight_Prince wrote:

Attention! Iwata is scheduled live with shareholders in Japan on 1 year anniversary of QOL Announcement, Jan 28th 2015 (Tomorrow Japan Time) Hold on to your butts! Transcripts and Translations via Twitter incoming!

Untitled

This gif tho

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Yoshi

I'm not expecting too much. I just don't want it to be like last year. That was terrible for Nintendo.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

iKhan

midnafanboy wrote:

Twiilight_Prince wrote:

Attention! Iwata is scheduled live with shareholders in Japan on 1 year anniversary of QOL Announcement, Jan 28th 2015 (Tomorrow Japan Time) Hold on to your butts! Transcripts and Translations via Twitter incoming!

Untitled

This gif tho

Yeah, but Iwata got hurt so bad in that fight he had to go to the hospital and get surgery.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Bolt_Strike

brewsky wrote:

I'm not expecting too much. I just don't want it to be like last year. That was terrible for Nintendo.

This. IDK why people are making such a big deal about this.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Hy8ogen

It's a investor briefing guys....I don't think they'll announce anything important. Probably will be a few old guys talking pooooooooop to each other while Iwata and Miyamoto looks at each other and grin.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

conman2012

Actually I'm interested in a number of things (i an accountant though)

Are they making a profit?

Are Amiibo printing money?

Will they revise their 3ds and Wii U sales forecasts?

Plans on other VC - i think the DS VC was first talked about at one of these

They usually have an upcoming release schedule, so:

Is FE x SMT still on there?

Upcoming Wii U release order (of announced games)

Is the new FE on the schedule?

So, although its no Direct and i dont expect new game announcements, there are a number of things we can likely deduce or learn from these briefings

conman2012

jariw

The most important thing for me is to get the update release schedule (for NoE in my case), which they attache as a supplement to the financial info. While the release schedules never are that detailed at these meetings, they sometimes give good release window info.

AFAIK, these meetings have never reveal any new games, but the Q&As (the day after the financial briefing) have sometimes hinted on new stuff.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

The most important thing for me is to get the update release schedule (for NoE in my case), which they attache as a supplement to the financial info. While the release schedules never are that detailed at these meetings, they sometimes give good release window info.

AFAIK, these meetings have never reveal any new games, but the Q&As (the day after the financial briefing) have sometimes hinted on new stuff.

I agree, still very concerned about a possible EU game drought this first half especially for Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaviarMeths

These investor meetings are always so interesting. A year ago, we actually got our first hint dropped that Club Nintendo would be drastically changed or replaced. We just didn't realize it until last week.

brewsky wrote:

Sanya wrote:

Prepare for New Wii U announcement.

Wouldn't be the most exciting news in my opinion. For the past two console generations, console redesigns/rereleases have had features stripped from the original.

Wii redesigns were terrible, but the PS3 Slim was a much better machine than the original $599 behemoth.

The 40 different Xbox 360 SKUs confuse me, so I dunno about them.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Bolt_Strike

CaviarMeths wrote:

These investor meetings are always so interesting. A year ago, we actually got our first hint dropped that Club Nintendo would be drastically changed or replaced. We just didn't realize it until last week.

How did no one see that coming? I feel like we should've put two and two together on that one when they started talking about a new consumer loyalty program.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

Bolt_Strike wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

How did no one see that coming? I feel like we should've put two and two together on that one when they started talking about a new consumer loyalty program.

We already knew the Digital Deluxe Promotion was ending at the end of 2014 so the new consumer loyalty program could've been a replacement for that which maybe included 3DS as well.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Punished_Boss_84

So Hyrule Warriors shipped a million worldwide...[Source - Neogaf]

Really backs up what I said before.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

HollywoodHogan

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

....which was???

Friend to all SJW's

Punished_Boss_84

MasterBlaster wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

....which was???

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Octane wrote:

I think it is because it's the genre that is niche. If it wasn't for the Zelda skin, I doubt it would've ever reached a million sales.

There was more but lets not dwell on that...
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/is_hyrule_warriors_s...

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Don

What time will this start US Eastern time?

Don

CaviarMeths

Don wrote:

It's not being broadcast live.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Don

CaviarMeths wrote:

Don wrote:

Darn it.

Don

HollywoodHogan

Don wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Don wrote:

Darn it.

The idea that someone is upset that they can't watch an investors meeting on a live web stream is extremely funny to me.

Friend to all SJW's

MegaMari0

MasterBlaster wrote:

Don wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Don wrote:

Darn it.

The idea that someone is upset that they can't watch an investors meeting on a live web stream is extremely funny to me.

Its so we can troll the investors who insist on Nintendo going mobile with their IPs. We folks of the internet are a resourceful bunch and it wouldn't take long to before we spot those against Nintendo and track them down. Address, blogs, social profiles, muahahahahaha. Erm.... I mean, its just a boring meeting.. Who wants to watch those..........

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.