Forums

Topic: JAPAN - January 28th 2015 - Investor Briefing [Discussion / Coverage]

Posts 41 to 60 of 78

Blast

conman2012 wrote:

Actually I'm interested in a number of things (i an accountant though)

Are they making a profit?

Are Amiibo printing money?

Will they revise their 3ds and Wii U sales forecasts?

Plans on other VC - i think the DS VC was first talked about at one of these

They usually have an upcoming release schedule, so:

Is FE x SMT still on there?

Upcoming Wii U release order (of announced games)

Is the new FE on the schedule?

So, although its no Direct and i dont expect new game announcements, there are a number of things we can likely deduce or learn from these briefings

yes

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

jariw wrote:

The most important thing for me is to get the update release schedule (for NoE in my case), which they attache as a supplement to the financial info. While the release schedules never are that detailed at these meetings, they sometimes give good release window info.

AFAIK, these meetings have never reveal any new games, but the Q&As (the day after the financial briefing) have sometimes hinted on new stuff.

I agree, still very concerned about a possible EU game drought this first half especially for Wii U.

There are currently 5 games where I personally value the odds reasonable for a first half 2015 release in NoE, based on the currently available information from Nintendo (Devil's Third, Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Party 10, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Splatoon).

The investor meeting in October 2014 also listed Mario Maker and Project Giant Robot as first half 2015 releases for NoE, but those titles haven't been mentioned in relation to any kind of time frame since then. So I'm a bit curious what happens there. (It's extremely rare that the delay Wii U games from the schedules presented at the investor meetings, but it has happened with Wii Fit U and Wii Party U.)

And Yoshi seems certain that it'll arrive in NoA territory during the first half of the year (based on the NoA marketing), which personally makes me even more curious about Mario Maker. If Mario Maker is a first half 2015 release in NoA, that would mean that there probably will be at least one new game title for the home/family/causal market for the last half of the year that we still don't know about (since there would be no such game left for that demographic during the 2nd half of the year).

jariw

Twiilight_Prince

English Page: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html
(Japanese page will update on 29th), all we can get is direct info from those inside until then

Unfortunately, things are tight this year.

Edited on by Twiilight_Prince

http://www.HullBreachStudios.com

Twitter:

sub12

Is this being released tonight?

sub12

LzWinky

Supposedly, but we shall see

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

Only Nintendo fans would get hyped over an investor's briefing. At most you'll get an update on when Yoshi and Mario Maker are supposed to come, maybe some VC news, and possibly some system update stuff. That's it as far as gaming goes. QOL stuff is possible since it wasn't at CES for some reason. Unless you're super interested in sales, there's not really anything to get hyped over unlike a Nintendo Direct.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Twiilight_Prince

IceClimbers wrote:

Only Nintendo fans would get hyped over an investor's briefing. At most you'll get an update on when Yoshi and Mario Maker are supposed to come, maybe some VC news, and possibly some system update stuff. That's it as far as gaming goes. QOL stuff is possible since it wasn't at CES for some reason. Unless you're super interested in sales, there's not really anything to get hyped over unlike a Nintendo Direct.

Revelations today could lead straight into DICE @ Vegas in less than week. Nintendo is platinum sponsor in 2015.

Twitter:

renaryuugufan92

Twiilight_Prince wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Revelations today could lead straight into DICE @ Vegas in less than week. Nintendo is platinum sponsor in 2015.

Let the speculation begin lol
Investor meeting
Prime Trilogy on the eshop jan 29th
Retro tweets that they are excited about DICE
Retros been working on a new project for quite some time
Miyamoto said that if a new Metroid was maid Retro would be high on the developer list to make it happen.
Miyamoto also said that the "Prime Style" of gameplay can be expanded upon.

conspiracy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWn0nF-PFcE

don't take me seriously just having a little bit of fun here

Edited on by renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Grumblevolcano

Oh no, looks like we're back into the Nintendoom realm. What I really hope is that if anything acts as a savior, it's absolutely not Pokémon Shuffle. That game completely flopping is the only way we'll keep the Nintendo we love.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Twiilight_Prince

17 minutes in, post em if u gottem.

Untitled

Net Sales: 271.521¥ billion yen
Operating Income: 31.40¥ billion yen
Net Income: 45.215¥ billion yen
Nintendo Full-Year Guidance:
Net Sales: 550¥ billion yen (↓)
Operating Income: 20¥ billion yen (↓)
Net Income: 30¥ billion yen (↑)
Additional Information Q3 (Software/Hardware Shipments, Digital Sales, Cash & Equivalents):
Pokemon ORAS: 9.35 million
Super Smash Bros 3DS LTD: 6.19 million
Super Smash Bros Wii U LTD: 3.39 million
Mario Kart 8 LTD: 4.77 million
Wii U HW: 9.2 million total
3DS HW: 50 million total
Wii U HW for Q3: 1.91 million
3DS HW for Q3: 4.99 million
Digital Sales: ¥10.4 billion yen
Digital Sales: ¥ billion yen
Amiibo: million
Cash & Equivalents: ¥920.531 billion yen (↑)

During the nine months ended December 31, 2014, for “Nintendo 3DS,” “New Nintendo 3DS/New Nintendo 3DS XL,” launched as the newest members of the “Nintendo 3DS” family in Japan in October, got off to a good start and continued to sell well. However, as sales of the “Nintendo 3DS” hardware in the United States and in Europe, where “New Nintendo 3DS/New Nintendo 3DS XL” were yet to be launched, did not grow sufficiently, the global sales of the “Nintendo 3DS” family hardware were 7.08 million units.

As for the “Nintendo 3DS” software, “Pokémon Omega Ruby/Pokémon Alpha Sapphire” and “Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS” enjoyed robust sales with 9.35 million units and 6.19 million units sold respectively, while titles such as “Tomodachi Life,” “Mario Kart 7” and “Pokémon X/Pokémon Y” showed steady sales. There were also a number of hit titles from third-party publishers in the Japanese market. As a result, the global sales of the “Nintendo 3DS” software were 53.04 million units.

With respect to “Wii U,” Nintendo released two big titles, “Mario Kart 8”and “Super Smash Bros. for Wii U,” which enable family members and friends to have fun together in their living rooms. These titles sold 4.77 million units and 3.39 million units globally, and the global sales of the “Wii U” hardware and software reached 3.03 million and 20.59 million units respectively. As a result, net sales were 442.9 billion yen (of which overseas sales were 323.2 billion yen or 73.0% of the total sales) and operating income was 31.6 billion yen. As a result of exchange gains totaling 51.0 billion yen due to depreciation of the yen at the end of this period compared with the one at the end of the last fiscal year, ordinary income was 92.3 billion yen and net income was 59.5 billion yen.

INFO COMING
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=980960

Edited on by Twiilight_Prince

Twitter:

IceClimbers

Mario Kart 8 has over a 50% attach rate. That's insane.

PrincessSugoi

... I'm not even going to pretend to understand most of this stuff but I get the gist of it: Nintendo's fine. Not doing gangbusters (except for ORAS, wow) but not DOOOMMMMED!11!! either.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

jariw

IceClimbers wrote:

Mario Kart 8 has over a 50% attach rate. That's insane.

A good game with an excellent DLC getting a high attachment rate is insane?
Mario Kart Wii selling 35 million units, that's insane IMO.

jariw

IceClimbers

Also worth noting the Wii U has a higher attach rate than the 3DS does. That's what happens when Pokemon, MH, and Yokai Watch are what sell the darn thing . They can only go so far.

Edited on by IceClimbers

conman2012

WitchSugoi wrote:

... I'm not even going to pretend to understand most of this stuff but I get the gist of it: Nintendo's fine. Not doing gangbusters (except for ORAS, wow) but not DOOOMMMMED!11!! either.

The gist would appear to be that sales are DOWN compared to the forecast issued at the beginning of the year, however they are profitable and they have revised their forecast annual income UP because of exchange rate movements

It looks like 3DS sales are way down on the first annual forecast however Wii U annual sales appear to be meeting their expectations

Edited on by conman2012

conman2012

conman2012

PS they now have more money in the bank compared to 9 months ago

conman2012

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.