Forums

Topic: JAPAN - January 28th 2015 - Investor Briefing [Discussion / Coverage]

Posts 61 to 78 of 78

conman2012

Pps - these accounts are historic so no QOI stuff in them, guess we wait for the briefing tomorrow

conman2012

renaryuugufan92

Untitled

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

cookiex

So if I got this right the good news is that Nintendo is back in profit and Wii U is meeting sales forecasts and the bad news is that 3DS sales are way down compared to last year, although New 3DS should help remedy some of that before the financial year ends.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

shingi_70

The Mario Kart attach Rate is amazing and sad all at the same time. It sort of encapsulates the issues that the Wii U has been having thus far. Beyond the Wii U being stuck in its rut the company is doin incredibly well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Punished_Boss_84

I should probably mention it here as well but Amiibo has sold over 5.7m Worldwide. [Source: Neogaf]

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

LzWinky

Meanwhile, I'm still playing good games on my Wii U

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

I should probably mention it here as well but Amiibo has sold over 5.7m Worldwide. [Source: Neogaf]

This just makes me even more confused about the stock issues. Did Nintendo really only plan on selling a handful of these? I mean, 5.7 million is a success for sure, but there's over 60 million users in the current gen Nintendo ecosystem. Surely Nintendo could have anticipated a higher demand? Skylanders and DI figurines have like a hundred million sales. This is a lucrative market and Nintendo merch is very popular, even among those that don't have a Wii U/3DS.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

WebHead
Iwata is apparently too ill so the meeting is cancelled.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

LzWinky

Apparently it's just the flu though

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cookiex

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150129e.pdf

Release schedule on page 7.

Project Giant Robot and Yoshi's Woolly World are still 1st half of 2015 in US and Europe. SMT X Fire Emblem is still listed, altbeit TBD.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

cookiex

Some LTD sales numbers (in millions as of December '14):

3DS:
Pokemon X & Y: 13.70
Mario Kart 7: 11.42
Pokemon ORAS: 9.35
New Super Mario Bros. 2: 9.01
Animal Crossing New Leaf: 8.73
Smash Bros. 3DS: 6.19
Tomodachi Life: 3.96
Kirby Triple Deluxe: 1.70

Wii U:
Mario Kart 8: 4.77
Nintendo Land: 4.44
Mario 3D World: 3.79
Smash Bros Wii U: 3.39

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

IceClimbers

Impressive numbers for Tomodachi Life.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

jariw

cookiex wrote:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150129e.pdf

Release schedule on page 7.

Project Giant Robot and Yoshi's Woolly World are still 1st half of 2015 in US and Europe. SMT X Fire Emblem is still listed, altbeit TBD.

And Mario Maker moved from 1st half (was listed as such in the October listing for NoE). But NoE and NoA now seems pretty synched, apart from Kirby.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

iKhan

The US 3rd party listing is straight up embarrassing.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

Interesting that Devilish Brain Training is still as TBD rather than cancelled, that game came out in the US 2 years ago!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.