Forums

Topic: How many of you ONLY own a Wii-U for next gen gaming?

Posts 281 to 300 of 416

HappyHappyist

WaLzgi wrote:

We could have met, but I'm going to the Wednesday performance

Bummer, to think 24 hours apart at the same place could have done that! Well, I have plans on that Wednesday, so it had to be on Thursday.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Jazzer94

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@AlexSays

You seem to have a response for everything. Mind if I ask you a question?

Why should I buy a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One?

Street Fighter V and Guilty Gear xrd in my case will be a reason as well as great PS exclusives as cherry on top.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

bobbypaycheque

I only have a Wii U next gen console BUT I also have an excellent gaming PC. I think if I were to buy another console it would be a Xbox One. Maybe there will be boxing day sales for it, has some exclusives I wouldn't mind giving a whirl like Sunset Overdrive. So far this generation Wii U has had the exclusive titles.

bobbypaycheque

HAL9000

Actually, I own two Wii U's for this generation. I consider the Wii U the best system Nintendo has ever made. My backlog of games on just the Wii U is immense and I will never catch up while balancing game time with adult responsibilities of work - so I see no need to buy the two identical shooter boxes.

I have a Wii U for my home that I love using with my wife for cooperative play (we love pikmin 3, mario 3d world, and other Nintendo options) and for quiet netflix time in the morning (I am a teacher and get up really early) with breakfast or using for off screen gameplay while the TV is occupied.

My second Wii U is at school. I am a teacher of 7th/8th grade STEM and run a Lego robotics club afterschool. On Monday/Wednesday the kids do robots, and on Tuesday we run a Nintendo Wii U club (mario kart 8, smash bros). It is amazing seeing how much fun the kids have with local multiplayer.

HAL9000

bobbypaycheque

@Jazzer94 Street Fighter V is also coming to PC, so I don't consider it a reason to get a PS4 since it isn't an exclusive.

bobbypaycheque

Endriu7777

Hey there!!!

This is my first post and think this topic is a good way to introduce myself.

I have been playing a lot of x360 and a little bit of Ps3 for the last couple of yours and thought a lot about which next gen console I should get. Naturally I was planning to go for the xbox one as I preferred the xbox 360 over the ps3. But when Microsoft introduced their restrictive plans on next gen gaming it was like punch in the face, like a sucherpunch. I mean why should I pay more for an inferior game console as compared to the ps4, with a kinect gadget that I dont need, always on, no used games etc. I would not sponsor this. PS4 was my console of choice from then on.

When both next gen consoles came out they had a pretty bad launch line up. Nothing really that stood out, so I decided to wait until the price dropped or something out of the ordinary would come out. In the meantime Microsoft has softened up a bit and even got rid of the previously mandatory kinect. At this point I wasnt so sure anymore about the PS4. Maybe Microsoft would bring out some nice exclusives in the long run? As I waited I started to buying games I had missed on the x360, most of them were quite cheap and I got myself like 20 or more games over the last year.

Now, I must admit that I didnt actually play so many games the whole year, first of all I am a solo player, I dont go online, gaming is just for me to relax and have fun when I come back from work and have nothing to do or nobody to meet. There were times where I didnt even want to start a game that I had bought saying to myself: I will save it for a rainy day, Or I started a game and didnt really have an incentive to go on even though I wouldnt be too long into the game. In fact the words fun and relaxation seemed kind of out of place, gaming had actually become tedious and boring. The same schemes all over, again and again, like being stuck in a loop. In the beginning of December I made a 99% decision to buy the xbox one and give it a chance, based on the idea that it had a couple of games more than the PS4 that I would even consider playing.

Two weeks back I had the money to buy an xbone but suddenly I thought to myself that the games wont really change they will just get a graphical update, besides being more broken and in need of patches, mostly day one patches. Would I really need the next call of duty? Would Halo 5 be really that good? What else was there? And then I realized that the situation was getting worse actually, games would probably become more realistic, grittier, tougher and stuff.

And then I thought about the Wii U. Wasnt this the console that was said to have the funnest games? Colorful one that would make me feel better and not stress me out after a stressful day? I made a quick decision and bought myself a Wii U together with Mario Kart 8 and New SUper MArio U. WOW, I havent spend such a nice time with games, well, I cant even remember! This was it! At this moment I knew that I wouldnt buy any other next gen console except Nintendo brings out a new one

of course there arent too many games out there and probably wont be in the foreseeable future but the ones that are there are top-notch IMHO. On friday I got myself a 2ds in order to double the fun and play all those games I didnt even know they existed!

Yes, I will only own a Wii U for next gen gaming!!!

Endriu7777

AlexSays

That was a beautiful introduction Endriu

Welcome to the site man, you'll fit right in here

AlexSays

Endriu7777

AlexSays wrote:

That was a beautiful introduction Endriu

Welcome to the site man, you'll fit right in here

Thanks Alex! I have a feeling that this is the place for me to be

Endriu7777

Jazzer94

bobbypaycheque wrote:

Jazzer94 Street Fighter V is also coming to PC, so I don't consider it a reason to get a PS4 since it isn't an exclusive.

@bobbypaycheque Depends on a case by case basis but that's why I listed multiple reasons.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

kyuubikid213

AlexSays wrote:

I've always maintained that nobody on this site should buy a PS4 or Xbox One

That'd increase the risk of seeing some of you online ^.^

You know, that's a great reason to avoid getting either console. I'd hate to be a part of another community with you and people like you.

Thanks for the response!

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AlexSays

You're welcome man, I'm glad I could help ^.^

AlexSays

Haru17

Jaz007 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

CoD AW, AC Unity, AC Rogue, Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Alien Isolation, The Walking Dead, ad nauseam all have guns. I mean, I love my PS4, but western game developers have an unhealthy obsession with the modern day setting, guns, and cars. And the real world in the near future with guns and cars is still the modern day setting.

By logic of those games, then so do SSB, Zelda, Nintendo Land, W101, I think Mario, and number of other Nintendo series.

I didn't say AC was set in the modern day, but it is set in the boring old real world and even has guns, boring, boring guns.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

crimsoncavalier

The reason the XBO and PS4 appear to have no variety (and why many Nintendo fans on this site, and others, attack those consoles) is because the most advertised, hyped, marketed games on those consoles are the ones lacking in variety. No one should actually think the PS4 and XBO only have FPSs or TPSs, however, it is undeniably true that the biggest releases of both consoles so far have been in the first-person or third-person shooter/action genre/subgenre. Are there other games out there, sure. Are they good? Probably. Probably better than the big hitters that have been advertised to death.

Destiny, Halo, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed ... those are the games for which you see ads in regards to the XBO and PS4. So it's not so irrational to think that those are the only types of games on those systems. People who buy those games are the ones Sony and MS are marketing to. They're the gamers that they want to draw in. There may be other types of games, but that's not their main audience.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

ricklongo

crimsoncavalier wrote:

The reason the XBO and PS4 appear to have no variety (and why many Nintendo fans on this site, and others, attack those consoles) is because the most advertised, hyped, marketed games on those consoles are the ones lacking in variety. No one should actually think the PS4 and XBO only have FPSs or TPSs, however, it is undeniably true that the biggest releases of both consoles so far have been in the first-person or third-person shooter/action genre/subgenre. Are there other games out there, sure. Are they good? Probably. Probably better than the big hitters that have been advertised to death.

Destiny, Halo, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed ... those are the games for which you see ads in regards to the XBO and PS4. So it's not so irrational to think that those are the only types of games on those systems. People who buy those games are the ones Sony and MS are marketing to. They're the gamers that they want to draw in. There may be other types of games, but that's not their main audience.

Thing is, this means the more polished games in those consoles will end up being shooters and/or realistic action titles. You simply won't find a lot of games there with the scope and polish of, say, Super Mario 3D World or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze if you're looking for platformers, or anything as good as Mario Kart 8 and Smash if you're looking for lighthearted yet deep party games.

Alas, there's still a huge chance I won't be able to play the next Dragon Quest game on a Nintendo platform, especially since Square-Enix have hinted that they're going the home console route with it. Add to that stuff like Final Fantasy and Elder Scrolls, and it's fair to say I'll end up getting a PS4 at some point. I really don't see it becoming my main platform, however, because it most certainly will lack the volume (and quality) when it comes to the kind of games I want to play.

Edited on by ricklongo

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

shingi_70

ricklongo wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Thing is, this means the more polished games in those consoles will end up being shooters and/or realistic action titles. You simply won't find a lot of games there with the scope and polish of, say, Super Mario 3D World or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze if you're looking for platformers, or anything as good as Mario Kart 8 and Smash if you're looking for lighthearted yet deep party games.

Alas, there's still a huge chance I won't be able to play the next Dragon Quest game on a Nintendo platform, especially since Square-Enix have hinted that they're going the home console route with it. Add to that stuff like Final Fantasy and Elder Scrolls, and it's fair to say I'll end up getting a PS4 at some point. I really don't see it becoming my main platform, however, because it most certainly will lack the volume (and quality) when it comes to the kind of games I want to play.

But for most people they don't care if a game has as much polish as Mario Kart or Donkey Kong. For the vast variety Skylanders & Infinty along with digital games fits the bill.

There are light hearted games on the other two systems its just unlike Nintendo, it isn't all that's there is. Personally I'd say the Wii U's line up is weaker thn it should be due to so many games that happen to be similar coming from the same publisher. You guys complain about this on other systems but if were just comparing first/second party games than the Wii U's line up is the worst out of the big three.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

ricklongo wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

But for most people they don't care if a game has as much polish as Mario Kart or Donkey Kong. For the vast variety Skylanders & Infinty along with digital games fits the bill.

There are light hearted games on the other two systems its just unlike Nintendo, it isn't all that's there is. Personally I'd say the Wii U's line up is weaker thn it should be due to so many games that happen to be similar coming from the same publisher. You guys complain about this on other systems but if were just comparing first/second party games than the Wii U's line up is the worst out of the big three.

Compared to Ubisoft or most annual release stuff, Nintendo is better at being varied and interesting tbh.

And tbh, most of the really bad sameyness from Nintendo's part has been on 3DS. For all the talk of Wii U platformers, Nintendo's only released a few? There hasn't actually been one since Tropical Freeze AFAIK...

But I do agree that Nintendo hasn't been doing the best job at actually appealing to an audience it could reasonably get at this point.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

crimsoncavalier wrote:

The reason they have no variety is that they have no variety. The number of generation exclusive games is minute, and of those games, most are first person shooters or just complete crap. The PS4 has one retail game I want to play that I can't get on a system that is a fourth of the price (that also has backwards compatibility). The Xbone is only slightly better at 2 of such games.

I'll start paying more attention when I actually get a payoff from a 400 dollar investment beyond marginal graphics improvements.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

iKhan wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

The reason they have no variety is that they have no variety. The number of generation exclusive games is minute, and of those games, most are first person shooters or just complete crap. The PS4 has one retail game I want to play that I can't get on a system that is a fourth of the price (that also has backwards compatibility). The Xbone is only slightly better at 2 of such games.

I'll start paying more attention when I actually get a payoff from a 400 dollar investment beyond marginal graphics improvements.

That first sentence doesn't even make sense? I mean even just using first/second party content both the xbox one and wii u are far more diverse than the Wii U thus far.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DefHalan

shingi_70 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

That first sentence doesn't even make sense? I mean even just using first/second party content both the Xbox One and Wii u are far more diverse than the PS4 thus far.

Fixed it for you. You were saying the Wii U is more diverse than the Wii U, it was confusing.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.