Forums

Topic: How many of you ONLY own a Wii-U for next gen gaming?

Posts 301 to 320 of 416

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

The reason the XBO and PS4 appear to have no variety (and why many Nintendo fans on this site, and others, attack those consoles) is because the most advertised, hyped, marketed games on those consoles are the ones lacking in variety. No one should actually think the PS4 and XBO only have FPSs or TPSs, however, it is undeniably true that the biggest releases of both consoles so far have been in the first-person or third-person shooter/action genre/subgenre. Are there other games out there, sure. Are they good? Probably. Probably better than the big hitters that have been advertised to death.

Destiny, Halo, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed ... those are the games for which you see ads in regards to the XBO and PS4. So it's not so irrational to think that those are the only types of games on those systems. People who buy those games are the ones Sony and MS are marketing to. They're the gamers that they want to draw in. There may be other types of games, but that's not their main audience.

The reason they have no variety is that they have no variety. The number of generation exclusive games is minute, and of those games, most are first person shooters or just complete crap. The PS4 has one retail game I want to play that I can't get on a system that is a fourth of the price (that also has backwards compatibility). The Xbone is only slightly better at 2 of such games.

I'll start paying more attention when I actually get a payoff from a 400 dollar investment beyond marginal graphics improvements.

That first sentence doesn't even make sense? I mean even just using first/second party content both the xbox one and wii u are far more diverse than the Wii U thus far.

I'd love to see some examples. Among only 8th gen exclusive games (it can be for PS4 too, but not for PS360), I can barely think of any solid Xbone titles. Not to say the Wii U is an ideal, but it's not as bad as the Xbone and PS4.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Jaz007

iKhan wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

The reason the XBO and PS4 appear to have no variety (and why many Nintendo fans on this site, and others, attack those consoles) is because the most advertised, hyped, marketed games on those consoles are the ones lacking in variety. No one should actually think the PS4 and XBO only have FPSs or TPSs, however, it is undeniably true that the biggest releases of both consoles so far have been in the first-person or third-person shooter/action genre/subgenre. Are there other games out there, sure. Are they good? Probably. Probably better than the big hitters that have been advertised to death.

Destiny, Halo, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed ... those are the games for which you see ads in regards to the XBO and PS4. So it's not so irrational to think that those are the only types of games on those systems. People who buy those games are the ones Sony and MS are marketing to. They're the gamers that they want to draw in. There may be other types of games, but that's not their main audience.

The reason they have no variety is that they have no variety. The number of generation exclusive games is minute, and of those games, most are first person shooters or just complete crap. The PS4 has one retail game I want to play that I can't get on a system that is a fourth of the price (that also has backwards compatibility). The Xbone is only slightly better at 2 of such games.

I'll start paying more attention when I actually get a payoff from a 400 dollar investment beyond marginal graphics improvements.

Generation exclusive, as in not on PS360? What are all these FPSs you speak of? I can't think of any outside of Killzone. The exclusives that aren't supposed to be broken or terrible and aren't FPSs off the top of my head are inFamous: Second Son, Sunset Overdrive, and DriveClub (it has been completely fixed). I'm sure there are more I'm not thinking of too. The FPS generational exclusives are in the minority.

Jaz007

DefHalan

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

That first sentence doesn't even make sense? I mean even just using first/second party content both the xbox one and wii u are far more diverse than the Wii U thus far.

I'd love to see some examples. Among only 8th gen exclusive games (it can be for PS4 too, but not for PS360), I can barely think of any solid Xbone titles. Not to say the Wii U is an ideal, but it's not as bad as the Xbone and PS4.

This list might help
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_%2...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kkslider5552000

"console exclusive" :/

why even bother owning video game consoles at this point, srsly what a meaningless statement

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DefHalan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

"console exclusive" :/

why even bother owning video game consoles at this point, srsly what a meaningless statement

Wii U has plenty of Console Exclusives lol

(Console Exclusive as in it can only be played on this console and nothing else)

Edited on by DefHalan

AlexSays

Glad some of you geniuses have deduced that Nintendo has released more games in two years than Sony and Microsoft have in one year

This is last generation all over again. Then when Sony surpassed both Nintendo and Microsoft in numbers, it became 'yeah but Nintendo's games are better' irregardless of reviews.

Either way Nintendo wins, which is what makes you guys so cute and loyal

AlexSays

DefHalan

AlexSays wrote:

Glad some of you geniuses have deduced that Nintendo has released more games in two years than Sony and Microsoft have in one year

This is last generation all over again. Then when Sony surpassed both Nintendo and Microsoft in numbers, it became 'yeah but Nintendo's games are better' irregardless of reviews.

You have got to be the biggest Sony Fanboy I have ever known. Congrats.

shingi_70

Easy examples from both systems

PS4
Infamous Second Son
Knack
Driveclub

Xbox One
Killer Instinct
Dead Rising 3
Ryse: Son of rome
Forza 5
Crimson Dragon
Killer Instinct
Powerstar Golf
Xbox Fitness
Halo MCC
Project Spark
Sunset Overdrive
Dance Central Spotlight
D4: Dark Dreams don't lie

But in the conversation i'm mostly talking about all three next gen consoles only regardless of whats on the Xbox 360 or PS3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AlexSays

As far as pure numbers go, PS4 has about 16 games more than the Wii U ranked >75 on metacritic (number is superficial, pick any reasonable number if you wish)

We deduced in another thread that between 10-20% of those 100 or so games are FPS/TPS (so there goes the myth that they're all shooters).

I'm way too lazy to go through each consoles library and pick out console exclusive, but the Wii U would have to have twice as many exclusives in order for you all to push your platform of the Wii U being the console for exclusives. If it has less than twice as many, after being out twice as long, it's rate is lower and therefore will be surpassed.

Of course all this is meaningless because when anyone shows statistically that the PS3 had more games, people just say the Wii's were 50000x time better because omg Mario, but analyzing the numbers is interesting nonetheless.

AlexSays

AlexSays

DefHalan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Oh you got me bro

Dude I own stock and everything.

That's why I stick to comparing with objective numbers instead of throwing my personal bias everywhere.. oh wait

AlexSays

kkslider5552000

Ok that's fair, let's ignore second year Wii U games.

So up to now would be Nintendo's holiday season last year to compare to this. Unless I'm mistaken this would be...

PS4
-Knack
-Killzone
-Infamous
-Hohokum
-The Playroom
-Resogun (coming to PS3, but I tend to count exclusives by how they were when they came out)
-Driveclub
-oh **** you Wiki, Last of Us Remastered does not count!

Xbox One
-Crimson Dragon
-D4
-Dead Rising 3 (was exclusive at launch)
-Fighter Within
-Forza Motorsport 5
-Killer Instinct
-Kinect Sports Rivals
-Powerstar Golf
-Ryse
-Shape Up
-Sunset Overdrive
-Xbox Fitness

Wii U:
-Art Academy: Sketchpad
-Dr. Luigi
-Game and Wario
-Lego City Undercover
-Mario and Sonic at the 2014 Olympic Games
-Nano Assault Neo (was exclusive at launch)
-NES Remix
-New Super Mario Bros U + New Super Luigi U
-Nintendo Land
-Pikmin 3
-Pokemon Rumble U
-Rabbids Land
-Sing Party
-Sonic Lost World
-Super Mario 3D World
-Tank! Tank! Tank!
-I think Wii Sports Club Tennis and Bowling was out so that's a weird YMMV situation as the full game came out this year
-Wii Party U
-Wonderful 101
-ZombiU

so with all that, I would say Xbox One is pretty decent but I would still choose Wii U. Largely because of Wonderful 101 and my enjoyment of local multiplayer over online.

I love much of what Sony's doing but PS4 in particular is doing so much to convince me to be a PC gamer if I ever feel I need to get some next gen gaming beyond Nintendo games. I mean for plenty of people it'll be their fantastic "it has everything" console, and good for them on that, but I have zero interest in it myself. Mostly just interested in older Playstation titles.

shingi_70

@kkslider5552000

On the xbox list you forgot Ryse, Halo Spartan Assault , Kanimbla, Titanfall.

Though I typically only included first party or second party games in my tally.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

DefHalan

AlexSays wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Oh you got me bro

That's why I stick to comparing with objective numbers instead of throwing my personal bias everywhere.. oh wait

Well you are talking to people (such as myself) that don't care about numbers. I don't care that Sony has sold more systems or that Sony exclusives will overtake Wii U exclusives next year (I don't know if they will just making up some number fact stuff) I care about my gaming experience, which the Wii U has the best Gaming Experience for me personally

So when people try to say Sony is the best for these reasons. I don't care because for me Nintendo is the best. When someone talks about how many exclusives a console has they don't care how long the system is out for, they care about how many exclusives are out for it. Nintendo has an extra year and guess what, I don't care. I only care that I have these exclusives on my system. I feel you want people to make personal choices off of non-person opinions.

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

@kkslider5552000

Really?

Titanfall is on other systems. I was very specific to not include a single game unless it was an exclusive title to ONLY that console on launch. But yeah, Ryse was an exclusive. Don't know about the other 2.

AlexSays

Wouldn't count playroom as a game, and I'd pick a set parameter for review scores so games like Pokemon Rumble U with a hefty average of 49 aren't really included. Not sure if you missed any because I'm too lazy to check

If Nintendo keeps that pace in relation to the other companies, they will be in a good position when it comes to exclusives.

This is what Nintendo fans need to refer to when discussing libraries. A lot more logical than the nonsense on the previous page

AlexSays

AlexSays

DefHalan wrote:

. I don't care because for me Nintendo is the best.

That's nice man that's nice

I feel you bro, I feel you

You have a nice night now ok

AlexSays

Jazzer94

DefHalan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Oh you got me bro

Well you are talking to people (such as myself) that don't care about numbers. I don't care that Sony has sold more systems or that Sony exclusives will overtake Wii U exclusives next year (I don't know if they will just making up some number fact stuff) I care about my gaming experience, which the Wii U has the best Gaming Experience for me personally

So when people try to say Sony is the best for these reasons. I don't care because for me Nintendo is the best. When someone talks about how many exclusives a console has they don't care how long the system is out for, they care about how many exclusives are out for it. Nintendo has an extra year and guess what, I don't care. I only care that I have these exclusives on my system. I feel you want people to make personal choices off of non-person opinions.

I think it has more to do with a fair comparison being made.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

@kkslider5552000

Really?

Titanfall is on other systems. I was very specific to not include a single game unless it was an exclusive title to ONLY that console on launch. But yeah, Ryse was
an exclusive. Don't know about the other 2.

Eh, its more of a Microsoft ecosystem exclusive (a more BS title than Console exclusive). But I guess and far more casual as I would count LBP and Smash Brothers. I tend to only group first party games by generation. But

WAT!

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

@kkslider5552000

Really?

Titanfall is on other systems. I was very specific to not include a single game unless it was an exclusive title to ONLY that console on launch. But yeah, Ryse was
an exclusive. Don't know about the other 2.

Eh, its more of a Microsoft ecosystem exclusive (a more BS title than Console exclusive). But I guess and far more casual as I would count LBP and Smash Brothers. I tend to only group first party games by generation. But I see

WAT!

AlexSays

See this gets complex, because then games like MLB The Show would be included in the Playstation ecosystem

That's why you gotta have rules and everything. Either way Nintendo pushed out more exclusives in its first year, so that will give some people something to be happy about

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.