Forums

Topic: How many of you ONLY own a Wii-U for next gen gaming?

Posts 261 to 280 of 416

Jaz007

skywake wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

By logic of those games, then so do SSB, Zelda, Nintendo Land, W101, I think Mario, and number of other Nintendo series.

The only reason Assassin's Creed "doesn't have guns" to the extend that some other games do is because they're historical fiction. There are guns but they're so slow to reload they can never be your main weapon. Even with the uselessness of guns in those games you're still being pretty violent, which I think was the main point of the list. So yeah, lets not get too carried away and say that "by this logic Mario has guns". Just... no.

Then by the same logic Japanese developers have an unhealthy obession with colorful and weird games like Mario. It's still trying to point out a lack of variety where there's a lot of it.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

By logic of those games, then so do SSB, Zelda, Nintendo Land, W101, I think Mario, and number of other Nintendo series.

The only reason Assassin's Creed "doesn't have guns" to the extend that some other games do is because they're historical fiction. There are guns but they're so slow to reload they can never be your main weapon. Even with the uselessness of guns in those games you're still being pretty violent, which I think was the main point of the list. So yeah, lets not get too carried away and say that "by this logic Mario has guns". Just... no.

Then by the same logic Japanese developers have an unhealthy obession with colorful and weird games like Mario. It's still trying to point out a lack of variety where there's a lot of it.

If the lack of variety applies to both sides, then it still doesn't make any sense to bring any attention to that sort of topic. This is usually where the topic goes to being about "mature" vs. "kiddie". None of those discussions ever get anyone much of anywhere, honestly, especially when people can enjoy shooter/violent games and still have fun with a Mario or Zelda game.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

iKhan

AlexSays wrote:

Yes, TW3. Couldn't be another Knack, if TWD is a shooter then Knack is like Battlefield 5

On another note, this is my reaction after finding out I didn't coin the term potatostation

Untitled

Legitimately sad about this

Why? Because it looks pretty? The other Witcher games haven't really been widely recognized as groundbreaking. What's so special about TW3?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Dave24

iKhan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Yes, TW3. Couldn't be another Knack, if TWD is a shooter then Knack is like Battlefield 5

On another note, this is my reaction after finding out I didn't coin the term potatostation

Untitled

Legitimately sad about this

Why? Because it looks pretty? The other Witcher games haven't really been widely recognized as groundbreaking. What's so special about TW3?

Because there is huge possibility they are BS half of their promises about the game, just like with TW2, which was a pathetic game, even for a lazy RPG.

Dave24

RR529

Jaz007 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Regardless of art style, I find that Japanese developers have more variety in terms of big games that cater to various age groups.

When it comes to games that are meant to be games first, Japanese developers have big name games that cater to adults (MGS, RE, Ninja Gaiden, etc.), games that cater to teens (Tales, Street Fighter, Dynasty Warriors, etc.), and games that cater to kids (Sonic, Mega Man, Klonoa, etc.).

As for big name games from western developers? Unless it's a licensed property (DC Comics, NFL, etc.) or meant to push toys (Skylanders, Disney Infinity), they almost always go for that big "M" rating, and I don't understand it (not that I'm against "M" games, but is that all they can come up with for original ideas?). Yeah, there are a couple standouts like Rayman or Destiny (which I was surprised to see was only "T"), but the vast majority of big name western games (GTA, Witcher, AC, COD, Battlefield, Borderlands, Elder Scrolls*, Diablo, etc.) aim for an adult audience, while there seems to be a more diverse spread whenever it comes to big name Japanese games. Heck, even Tomb Raider (a formerly "T" exclusive series), got rebooted as an "M" series.

For the record, I will say that all three console makers do a pretty good job of having diverse lineups when it comes to first party software. Sony has games like Knack for kids, InFamous for teens, and God of War for adults. MS has Project Spark for kids, Killer Instinct for teens, and Halo for adults. Nintendo has Mario for kids, Hyrule Warriors for teens, and Bayonetta 2 for adults. (just examples. Not saying these are all these companies offer in terms of diverse software.

Also, for what it's worth, western 3rd party developers seem to be more willing to create unique content suitable for larger portions of the family when it comes to smaller projects (like Ubisoft's Child of Light or Valiant Hearts), but don't seem as willing to be as inclusive with their big, AAA efforts, as noted above.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

whodatninja

I only own a Wii U of the current gen consoles. I still really want a white PS4 though.... Perhaps next year!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

rallydefault

I LOVE RPGs, but I could never get into The Witcher series. I put maybe a dozen hours into the first, but it failed to grab me. I haven't been intrigued by 3 at all. I'd rather some excellent Dragon Age DLC.

rallydefault

Jaz007

@RR529 That's something I agree with you about. In fact I was actually thinking about that being an area where variety does lack. The amount of games in the AAA western games that are rated M (especially when you take licensed products out) is kind of rediculous.

Jaz007

AlexSays

Dave24 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Because there is huge possibility they are BS half of their promises about the game, just like with TW2, which was a pathetic game, even for a lazy RPG.

lol yeah so pathetic bros

Cd pr why you so lazy ; (

AlexSays

kyuubikid213

@AlexSays

You seem to have a response for everything. Mind if I ask you a question?

Why should I buy a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One?

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AlexSays

I've always maintained that nobody on this site should buy a PS4 or Xbox One

That'd increase the risk of seeing some of you online ^.^

AlexSays

LzWinky

AlexSays wrote:

Oh come now Alex. You'd love to see me online

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

HappyHappyist

i do not own any modern console besides the wiiu. I won't be getting a PS4 for a while, because for Christmas this year I instead got a smartphone to replace my old phone. And I spent what cash i did have in October on an NES-themed 3DS XL, CPP XL, and MH3U. I also have tickets to go see the Symphony of the Goddess, so I think I've spent too much money this last quarter of 2014. So no, I won't be getting a PS4 or Xbone any time soon.

but hey, never had a PS3, and it has great games. Maybe next year I'll get one of those.

edit: typo. NES-themed 3DS XL, not a NEW-themed XL.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

LzWinky

HappyHappyist wrote:

i do not own any modern console besides the wiiu. I won't be getting a PS4 for a while, because for Christmas this year I instead got a smartphone to replace my old phone. And I spent what cash i did have in October on an NEW-themed 3DS XL, CPP XL, and MH3U. I also have tickets to go see the Symphony of the Goddess, so I think I've spent too much money this last quarter of 2014. So no, I won't be getting a PS4 or Xbone any time soon.

but hey, never had a PS3, and it has great games. Maybe next year I'll get one of those.

Out of curiosity, which Symphony location are you going to?

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

rallydefault

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@AlexSays

You seem to have a response for everything. Mind if I ask you a question?

Why should I buy a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One?

He's a forum warrior, man. Just let him be. He'll self-destruct like all the rest if you leave him to his own devices.

As far as the Xbox One goes, I can honestly vouch for it as a nice console to have along with a Wii U. I definitely use my Wii U more for gaming, but the Xbox can hook into your TV and be an all-in-one media box that also gives you access to games that the Wii U will never see like Halo, Dragon Age, Mordor, etc. (a lot of cool games that you should definitely check out if you haven't played most on PC). In an age where every company seems to be pushing these UBS media "sticks," the Xbox One is a nice solution to having everything in one place while being able to control your TV.

rallydefault

HappyHappyist

WaLzgi wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

i do not own any modern console besides the wiiu. I won't be getting a PS4 for a while, because for Christmas this year I instead got a smartphone to replace my old phone. And I spent what cash i did have in October on an NES-themed 3DS XL, CPP XL, and MH3U. I also have tickets to go see the Symphony of the Goddess, so I think I've spent too much money this last quarter of 2014. So no, I won't be getting a PS4 or Xbone any time soon.

Out of curiosity, which Symphony location are you going to?

I'll be going to the second performance in Nashville, TN. It's just north of where I live, only two hours away. It was an opportunity I couldn't pass.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

LzWinky

We could have met, but I'm going to the Wednesday performance

rainbowkitty

I own a gaming PC, 3DS, PS4 and I am going to get a Wii U this Christmas. I always like to get the next gen consoles but just not straight away on release.

Edited on by rainbowkitty

rainbowkitty

AlexSays

Guys I'm going to let you in on a secret.. ok? pls you can't tell anyone else on this site

My father Shawn watches these threads, he sees everything. If I don't say so many good things about Sony in a certain time span, I don't get my weekly allowance money. Then I'll have to pack my lunch like all the other poor kids at school

Is that what you want? An innocent child not buying his own lunch? If you really want to stop this you can try contacting my father Mr. Layden.. he doesn't use email but if you call his old university Notre Dame, you can ask for him by name. Here is a link, please contact them and tell my father to stop putting me up to this

AlexSays

AlexSays

On another note, I like that moniker.. AlexSays "cue the music in the background"

...Self destructing since 2008, wabam

WaLzgi wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Oh come now Alex. You'd love to see me online

Bro pls

You know you're not like all those other people. I'd buy you a PS4 tomorrow if it meant seeing your face.. probably not, but still

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.