Forums

Topic: FAST Racing Neo General Discussion OUT NOW!

Posts 101 to 120 of 247

Luffymcduck

@vio:
I´ve had that happen two times online. Otherwise a very good experience so far. Especially after I discovered that this game also has better turning when you press both the ZL & ZR buttons like in F-Zero GX (works bit differently but gets the job done, tracks and game mechanics are so different from F-Zero after all).

Edited on by Luffymcduck

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

yokokazuo

@Luffymcduck I've tried doing the side attack several times at first out of habit haha. (Never had a GameCube nor got GX, but in F-Zero X you could do a side attack by pressing Z or R twice so I would do it with ZR/ZL)

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Luffymcduck

@yokokazuo:
They're quite similar in gameplay, although I haven't played F-Zero X very much.

andreoni79

@yokokazuo: You can also "attack" other vehicles landing on them after a jump.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Azooooz

First, I would like to thank the moderators for editing the thread topic for me as I was busy this week.

Second, now that the game is out, I would like to hear from you about how great the game is after about year and a half waiting. I'm on fence of whether to buy this or not as so far I liked how Shin'en makes the games that run great on Nintendo consoles.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

andreoni79

@Azooooz: In two hours I just tried six tracks on the slowest speed and the funny thing is that I don't feel the need for more tracks, ships or classes. It's one of those "just one more try" arcade games you can play for hours, even if a race is a 3 minutes run. Time attack mode, even if without ghosts or leaderboards (there's just the WR to beat) it's addictive. I love it as it is, without comparing it to this or that famous racer. Online is quite a mess because of freezing but offline mode is surely enough for me.

Edited on by andreoni79

jariw

AlternateButtons wrote:

Nope. Tried it again. AI kept making me spin out and they hog all the boost orbs from the very beginning. Even though I get the starting boost, it doesn't change the fact they're all in front of me and have an advantage off the bat. And can I just reiterate, THIS IS THE FIRST LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY. I shouldn't be having this much trouble. This game is not fun. It's too hard and the AI is absolutely cheap. I can't believe I wasted 15 dollars on this. I'm completely disappointed with this game and it's a shame because I had high hopes for it.

Well, there has been quite a few reviews mentioning that it's challenging, but I'm very surprised that you have issues already on Subsonic, since that's fairly easy to win with just no crashes and getting the phasing right.
However, it's no Mario Kart, and it's not supposed to be. Just a pure old-school challenge. I'm already reading reports about players playing on Hypersonic and Hero Mode, so obviously it's not "too hard".

jariw

bluedogrulez

Played last night and agree, it's gorgeous and has that one more time appeal.

I had difficulty with the first cup in Subsonic, but LIKE ANY OTHER RACER, you need to learn the track and it helps to pick the right vehicle. For the first cup, the 900lb vehicle was great...handles much better that the others.

The trigger buttons aren't a true slide like in MK8, so holding one down will likely send you into a wall. Tapping worked better for adjusting my craft's direction.

At 10PMish in the States, I did about 5 online races. Yes I had to watch the race finish...which I rather enjoyed (there is no replay), but no freezes to report. There were 4-8 crafts in each race. Would be better if they had AI round out the field.

NEO is really fast. The courses I've raced are fairly straight, so plenty of boost opportunities, and not super hard to learn the track.

I do wish there was more downtime activity (like picking ship upgrades), because the level of concentration require can frazzle the nerves a bit. But for a $15 eShop game, content seems appropriate.

One day in, its not my game of the year, but happy with purchase and look forward to playing through championship mode and when my ship/skills are ready, doing more online racing.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Lycidas

wow, the difficulty is high, I can't get even close to finishing 3rd or better on supersonic. plus I don't feel comfortable with any of the racers so far.
wha'ts your favorite racer, i'm mostly playing the SPAARC.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

Octane

I just noticed the Online Ranking in Championship mode, how is it possible to beat the Cobalt Cup in 04:21.433? That's a little over 1 minute for each 3-lap course.

Octane

OorWullie

This game is really fantastic,the more I play it the better it gets.The speed is insane and that's just the first league,I dread to think what it'll be like on the others.I actually wasn't overly impressed when I first played it,something felt off with the controls but now I've got the hang of them I'm really loving this game.The graphics are amazing but Chuoku City deserves a special mention.

The world records already seem impossible to beat though,Cobalt Cup is at 4.21 minutes.Surely that can't be right? I raced a pretty perfect cup just there,only crashing once on the last lap of Chuoku City.I placed 1st 3 times and once 2nd.My time is 11.40 minutes and I'm ranked 628. I can obviously improve on that but not by 7.20 minutes .

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

bluedogrulez

I imagine the world's record was done with the fastest car (which I have not unlocked). Also possible WR set in fastest mode (?)

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

OorWullie

@Octane: I didn't notice you already mentioned it.Yeah,there's something wrong there.The only thing I can think of is that is the record for Hypersonic but I don't even think that would be possible.I've not unlocked the next league yet so I can't check if the records are different.It's not just Cobalt though,they're all really low.Xenon Cup is 3.44..That's less than 20 seconds a lap,surely that's not possible even on Hypersonic?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Luffymcduck

Wow, I just started an online race: it lasted for 1 second and I was on 4th place.

Luffymcduck

And third time the game froze online. I hope they release a patch soon. I was playing that track set in blue city and ten seconds after starting the 2nd lap someone had already finished. I couldn't finish the lap but I was on the 2nd place but when the race ended it said I was 4th. WHAT?

andreoni79

@Luffymcduck: I know. I even won a race once even if I was clearly second... Not funny at all. I just hope they won't have to waste too many resources to fix online and to make it work. At this point, I'll prefer a complete leaderboard as the one they made for Nano Assault Neo instead of this mess.

Lycidas

finally unlocked the last cup on supersonic, but man, it was hard! could'nt get better than second place. especially sunahara plains (or was it desert? The one with the huge spaceship above you) is unvorgiving, leave the track and you'll crash.
pretty happy with the Müller now, that one is right up my alley.
as for records, apparently i'm the 28th fastest on the second and 11th fastest on the fourth cup in subsonic. though those are the cups I couldn't win so far. XD

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

yokokazuo

So what is everyone's favourite vehicle right now? I haven't tried them all, but I personally like the Fulcon Capital due to its speed and acceleration. A downside is its turning though, I decided to compare it to a lighter vehicle which had really good turning, but my overall time in the race was almost 10 seconds faster with the Fulcon.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.