Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 841 to 860 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

Aviator

841. Posted:

Anyone who has seen Mass Effect Infiltrator, you should all pick it up. I've only spent about an hour with it but it is probably the most fun I've had on the device.

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

842. Posted:

@Oddy

I would get a model that's got a good reputation and not a BRAND NEW one. I'm using that strategy in terms of my smartphone. Even though I'm on Virgin mobile (getting better value without ridiculous pricey plans) I bought my optimus V about 3 weeks ago and I'm really liking it, even though it's a year old. Guess it comes down to needs and preferences. Virgin is getting HTC One V, so that could be my next upgrade in a year if it turns out to be a phone with little issues.

That's the big problems with smartphones- they are rushed and are prone to so much issues. They need more Nokia phones for every carrier... I trust them more than any other manufacturer.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Magi

843. Posted:

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

That's the big problems with smartphones- they are rushed and are prone to so much issues. They need more Nokia phones for every carrier... I trust them more than any other manufacturer.

And thankfully, Nokia has jumped head-first into the Windows Phone 7 swimming pool. Great news for me since I'm a big fan of Nokia phones as well.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

pixelman

844. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Anyone who has seen Mass Effect Infiltrator, you should all pick it up. I've only spent about an hour with it but it is probably the most fun I've had on the device.

I went ahead and got it, and it has some serious control issues.

A. The rectangles you have to tap to target the enemies are too small, and it frequently requires more than a single tap to select a target. If you're being surprised and surrounded, it's even worse. Also, on the iPad, I have to let go of one side of the device and move my hand to the target, so actually starting to shoot an enemy takes much longer is reasonable.

B. When you're trying to chain quick kills, adjusting your aim on a new enemy requires you to lift your right thumb and press it back down again — otherwise sliding your thumb around won't do anything. i.e. you can't just keep your right thumb held down to make easy adjustments while you select new targets with your left hand. This is really annoying.

C. Taking cover doesn't seem to work very reliably. Shadowgun handles the same type of cover controls much better.

I wish just tapping the right side of the screen would auto-target the enemy you're aiming closest to. As it is it's more of a chore than fun.

Other than that it's awesome though. :O

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

pixelman

845. Posted:

Getting better at it, but the touch rects are still way too small and it still feels clunky. Hopefully they'll refine the controls and release an update. Upgrading and buying new weapons ans abilities is really fun though. Enjoying it quite a bit now. :O

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

846. Posted:

I'm pi##ed off I downloaded Asphalt 6 HD on android and every time I try to download the additional files it crashes can anyone help, as I am getting extremely frustrated now.

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

pixelman

847. Posted:

Word of advice: don't buy a Gameloft game that isn't Modern Combat 2 or 3. I keep making that mistake and I never fail to regret it.

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

848. Posted:

PinkSpider wrote:

I'm pi##ed off I downloaded Asphalt 6 HD on android and every time I try to download the additional files it crashes can anyone help, as I am getting extremely frustrated now.

Only the DSi Ware one was good, 3D was terrible, and I believe 6 was too.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

Bankai

849. Posted:

Yeah, don't download Gameloft games. They're universally terrible. That includes Modern Combat, though at least that game has the advantage that there isn't anything better in the FPS genre already on the iPad. :P

To answer your question though, why not just delete the game and redownload the whole lot?

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Lan

850. Posted:

Whoa, waltz and i share an opinion!

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

851. Posted:

99% of Gameloft games are overrated even when hated drivel that aren't worth a penny. The best Gameloft game I've played is Legends of Exidia on DSiWare and even that was passable mostly.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

852. Posted:

Dur. Gameloft is the Asylum of Videogames.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

pixelman

853. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Yeah, don't download Gameloft games. They're universally terrible. That includes Modern Combat, though at least that game has the advantage that there isn't anything better in the FPS genre already on the iPad. :P

To answer your question though, why not just delete the game and redownload the whole lot?

The Modern Combat games are definitely not "terrible." (I'm really curious as to why you think they are) They absolutely achieve what they intend to: flashy, fast-paced multiplayer shooting. The campaigns are worthless, but that's not the meat of the game. There are some ridiculously fun scenarios in the multiplayer.

My favorite example is CTF on the Avalanche map in MC2. The two teams are on opposite ends of the map with a couple different paths to the other team's base. It usually ends up being a crazy battle with the advantage constantly shifting between teams. Once one team manages to push the other to their base, the respawn times are quick enough so that you'll almost always be a sitting duck if you try to go grab the flag without support from your team. And even if you do, you'll likely be shot in the back if you don't have a teammate covering your retreat.

It's just insane fun. It's not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. The controls are solid once you get your head around them, and IMHO could only be improved if iOS devices had shoulder buttons. The iPad is definitely my favorite device to play FPS's on.

Edited on by pixelman

AuthorMessage

Adam

854. Posted:

Finally got a chance to try out some I-games. Hero Academy is as good as it looks, though I am pretty terrible at it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

855. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Finally got a chance to try out some I-games. Hero Academy is as good as it looks, though I am pretty terrible at it.

Do you have your own iDevice now? :O

Also, I've been seeing a lot of people talking about Hero Academy, so I'm downloading it now. :3

AuthorMessage

Bankai

856. Posted:

Flight Control Rocket is good fun. Great sequel.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

pixelman

857. Posted:

Hero Academy is beyond fun. Been having an epic battle with Adam this past week... still not sure who's going to win. I wish you could save replays, because it's really one for the history books. :O
unless I lose, of course

Finished ME Infiltrator. It was okay. Repetitive and the controls were occasionally frustrating. There's apparently a massive update coming soon though, so hopefully that'll fix some of the issues I've had with it. :3

Edited on by pixelman

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

858. Posted:

So yeah, I've been playing Fancy Pants, and it's a good game, but the controls are just impossible when youre 100%ing

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

ChibiJib

859. Posted:

peggle... eff you...

My NNID: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/jibberldd5 (Chibi Jib)
My DeviantART profile: http://jibberldd5.deviantart.com/
Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jibberldd5/

Nintendo Network ID: jibberldd5

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

860. Posted:

So the Ipad 3/HD has made me wait for an android equal for the summer. Was excited at CES and MWC when the ASUS Transformer Infinity 1920X1280 screen. and while That isn't that bad compared to the IPad's 2048X1536 going to wait till the summer.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70