Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,099 of 1,099

Magi

I'm a huge fan of the old Bard's Tale series. After I picked up my iPhone, I hopped on the App Store and saw it was available for download. I picked up the pack that includes the new game as well as the three old ones.

I hear it's also available for Android. Great games imo!

Magi

Bankai

Magi wrote:

I'm a huge fan of the old Bard's Tale series. After I picked up my iPhone, I hopped on the App Store and saw it was available for download. I picked up the pack that includes the new game as well as the three old ones.

I hear it's also available for Android. Great games imo!

Yeah, it's a brilliant download. Compatible with the 60beat controller, too, which is a nice touch for people who refuse to learn how to use touch controls.

CanisWolfred

Of course, right when I'm looking for a simple, pick-up-and-play arcadey game, Halfbrick makes their latest brand of crack free. Seriously, those guys really know how to make simple, yet fun and especially charming games, thanks in no small part to their creative use of achievements (well, "missions," actually, since they still have standard achievements for Gamecenter, too), and Jetpack Joyride is no exception. Seriously played this game for, like, 40 minutes straight, which is exceptional for a game of this nature and my usually very short attention span.

BTW, who is Jarvan Zheitk on Gamecenter? I just kicked your record's butt on Jetpack.

Anybody know how EPOCH. is? I'm thinking of giving that a try. I like robots.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

moomoo

Dang, Baroque is free? What kind of iPads does it work on?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Jack_Package

Bongo Touch (think Taiko Drum Master) free right now. UK

Jack_Package

Electricmastro

Just bought Sketchbook Pro and it's definately professional alright.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Slapshot

Bankai wrote:

Holy crap Real Racing 3 is incredible.

Real Racing 2 on the Retina iPad is literally a stunning title. I'm very disappointed that RR3 went with the F2P model. I was going to track down a preview build, but never got around to it. Do you know if it has a pay to unlock everything option? I flipping hope it does!

@Mickeymac EPOCH is a cool little iOS title, but it isn't great. It's a shooting gallery styled shooter that has you swiping to move from multiple positions and ducking to cover when being fired upon. It's cool, but I would recommend picking it up when it is on sale for $0.99, which just might happen today with it being Valentines Day.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

Slapshot wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Holy crap Real Racing 3 is incredible.

Real Racing 2 on the Retina iPad is literally a stunning title. I'm very disappointed that RR3 went with the F2P model. I was going to track down a preview build, but never got around to it. Do you know if it has a pay to unlock everything option? I flipping hope it does!

@Mickeymac EPOCH is a cool little iOS title, but it isn't great. It's a shooting gallery styled shooter that has you swiping to move from multiple positions and ducking to cover when being fired upon. It's cool, but I would recommend picking it up when it is on sale for $0.99, which just might happen today with it being Valentines Day.

No, it doesn't. The F2P annoys me too, because this is a game worth charging $20 or more for, and it's my honest belief that most people won't spend $20 in in app purchases, too.

I blame EA. not for being 'greedy' or anything so silly, but rather for not having te confidence to charge for this game as a premium-developed game.

RR529

bezerker99 wrote:

FFIV has been remade for iPhone/iPad/Android and released today.

Is this just a port of the DS version?

Actually, it was released on iOS back on December 20th, 2012 (with the Android version releasing just now), and it is a port of the DS version.

As for the iOS version of Final Fantasy V (which released this past March), I'm not sure if it's a port of an even older version (since it didn't get a DS remake), or if they actually remade it for iOS.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

bezerker99

RR529 wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

FFIV has been remade for iPhone/iPad/Android and released today.

Is this just a port of the DS version?

Actually, it was released on iOS back on December 20th, 2012 (with the Android version releasing just now), and it is a port of the DS version.

As for the iOS version of Final Fantasy V (which released this past March), I'm not sure if it's a port of an even older version (since it didn't get a DS remake), or if they actually remade it for iOS.

Hey, thanks for the clarification. I don't really follow mobile gaming too much but I really like FFIV. No way I'm getting it for my Android though, but it's still awesome that this game is available on mobile devices.

Crazybrain1

Hey, does everyone know that Capcom released Ace Attorney for the iPad? You get the first two cases of the first game (for the DS) for free, but you have to pay for everything else.

Edited on by Crazybrain1

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.