Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

edhe

1,081. Posted:

I can accept that.

As for me, I'm stuck with a iPod Touch. Am I right in thinking games such as Baldurs gate are only compatible with the iPad?
And that's not even considering how impractical it would be on a[n iPod Touch's] tiny screen.

Anyway, I'm of the belief there are plenty of iOs games out there for me - I've recently downloaded all of the demos for those Kairosoft games for one thing, but there are many more games I've got my eye on.

The only thing that puts me off buying some games is that reviews tend to wail about bugs that aren't fixed and compatibility issues.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,082. Posted:

edhe wrote:

I can accept that.

As for me, I'm stuck with a iPod Touch. Am I right in thinking games such as Baldurs gate are only compatible with the iPad?
And that's not even considering how impractical it would be on a[n iPod Touch's] tiny screen.

Anyway, I'm of the belief there are plenty of iOs games out there for me - I've recently downloaded all of the demos for those Kairosoft games for one thing, but there are many more games I've got my eye on.

The only thing that puts me off buying some games is that reviews tend to wail about bugs that aren't fixed and compatibility issues.

Unfortunately yeah, this one is iPad only (and I have a vague impression it's 3rd gen+ only?)

You can also get the same game on PC - it's called the "enhanced edition" - new characters, cut scenes and etc. I drained a 100% battery in one sitting yesterday getting reacquainted with the game.

Kairosoft are awesome. Love them to death - I recommend Dungeon Village, personally, though Game Dev Story is the classic.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

edhe

1,083. Posted:

Well I had Game Dev Story before I tried out the demos and it's certainly my favourite of the lot. The problem with the demos is that they give you such a short time frame and the demo often ends before I can get a good feel for the game. On top of that, I find some are pretty hard to control by touch, and some are pretty complicated.

The ones I got on best with were Epic Astro Story, Dungeon Village Story, Venture Towns Story and especially Grand Prix Story.

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,084. Posted:

Did someone say Game Dev Story? Man, I loved that game. Few games make me drain batteries on any device, and that was one of them. So good.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,085. Posted:

Does anyone know of any decent $100 (U.S.) tablets? I'm not expecting a powerhouse or anything, & I know absolutely nothing in this price range would be good for gaming.

I just want something that has a better browser than the 3DS (which shouldn't be too hard to find), that's capable of running YouTube, & might have some simple games for time wasting (chess, checkers, solitaire, ect).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,086. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Does anyone know of any decent $100 (U.S.) tablets? I'm not expecting a powerhouse or anything, & I know absolutely nothing in this price range would be good for gaming.

I just want something that has a better browser than the 3DS (which shouldn't be too hard to find), that's capable of running YouTube, & might have some simple games for time wasting (chess, checkers, solitaire, ect).

If I were you I would spring for a Kindle Fire ($159) or Nook Tablet (also starts at $159). Although these aren't the latest and greatest of either model, I have a hunch they will serve your purposes much better than some non-name brand, cheap Android tablet. Unless you plan on doing any sort of work on these devices, they're worth the extra $60.

If you want my top recommendation for best 7-inch tablet for the money, I would have to go with the Nexus 7. At $200, it's basically everything you could ask for from a tablet. Other than good tablet apps. But that's another story.

TL;DR version: if you want a great, general purpose tablet, buy a Nexus 7. If you want an OK consumption device for less money, buy an first-gen Nook or Kindle. Please don't buy anything cheaper than those.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,087. Posted:

^OK then. If I manage to scrounge up the extra $60, I'll probably get the Kindle Fire, & if not, I'll probably just get games for my 3DS (although I heard Polaroid has a decent $100 one...).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,088. Posted:

You might be satisfied with a sub-$100 tablet, but I couldn't guarantee you would. I had a first-gen Kindle Fire and it served me well for reading the Internet/books, and it wasn't bad as a Netflix player, either. Try to do anything more than that, with it, though, and its limitations start to show.

Then I'm kind of a tablet snob, so most things actually aren't as bad as I make them out to be. :P

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,089. Posted:

So, anybody playing Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour yet? If so, add me on Game Center (Slapshot82) so we can blast each other away a few times, as I'll be on it pretty heavily over the next few days for my upcoming review.

Sky Raiders is another Must Have iOS title too. It's only $5 and it's a full arcade/simulation flight title on iOS that is home console quality - love it!

Just to throw my two cents into the argument - I've got the 4th Generation iPad (The New iPad, or Retina Display iPad.... whatever) and it absolutely destroys Vita in graphics, power and accessibility. Then again, it is the most powerful tablet on the market too, so I guess that's to be expected.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,090. Posted:

Just started playing Chaos Rings :-D

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,091. Posted:

Don't Look Back is dope (blame Tom Haverford for my use of that word) when shared with family via iPad mini on Christmas Eve. Try it next year; guaranteed to make you the life of the party.

Sonic 4 epII is pretty fun as well, so long as you provide your own soundtrack.

Six word TV reviews

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,092. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

Just to throw my two cents into the argument - I've got the 4th Generation iPad (The New iPad, or Retina Display iPad.... whatever) and it absolutely destroys Vita in graphics, power and accessibility. Then again, it is the most powerful tablet on the market too, so I guess that's to be expected.

Yep, and it's way more expensive too. :P
By any chance, do you know how many games actually utilize the device's power? Because I can't think of anything outside of Real Racing 3.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Konata

1,093. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Did someone say Game Dev Story? Man, I loved that game. Few games make me drain batteries on any device, and that was one of them. So good.

Ahh I love that game!
I make it a habit to buy every Kairosoft game once a new one comes out, I really like Cafe Nippon, my favorite after game dev story.

Anyway, Im looking for DS games that have moved onto iOS, I have found that those are the best to buy... are there any I don't know about?

I have pheonix wright, phantom detective and touch detective. (I suggest you try all of those, especially touch detective if you haven't, they are all my favorite.)

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,094. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

Yep, and it's way more expensive too. :P
By any chance, do you know how many games actually utilize the device's power? Because I can't think of anything outside of Real Racing 3.

And does a few thousand more things than a Vita does.

It amazes me that people always use the price thing with iPads as a reason dedicated consoles are better. The iPad does more than just play games, and it does games as well as dedicated consoles. Totally reasonable to charge more for it.

As for games that take advantage of 3rd and 4th gen iPads: Ravensword was just released and it looks as good as Oblivion, for a similar style of game.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

1,095. Posted:

WhiteKnight wrote:

It amazes me that people always use the price thing with iPads as a reason dedicated consoles are better. The iPad does more than just play games, and it does games as well as dedicated consoles. Totally reasonable to charge more for it.

As for games that take advantage of 3rd and 4th gen iPads: Ravensword was just released and it looks as good as Oblivion, for a similar style of game.

Aside from the fact that people are willing to buy Apple's products for a lot :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

MAB

1,096. Posted:

Yeah they're alright when I need to quickly put together a spreadsheet while drinking a Maccas coffee when driving to work ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

WildMan

1,097. Posted:

Yeah I don't know if I could bring myself to buy a tablet. They're probably great and useful, but I don't think that they are worth the price imo.. Everytime tablet I have used feels like an oversized phone to me.. :-P

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,098. Posted:

Just picked up a few iPhone 5's for the family so now I'm in the "iMobile" app market. I was extremely sad to give up my WP7 phone, but I've had it with AT&T's data limits. The Lumia 920, despite being EVERYTHING I need in a cell phone, wasn't enough to entice me to stick with them. So far I've only downloaded a few Guild Wars 2 apps, but when I get time I'll be hunting for a few more.

BTW, I just received an e-mail yesterday from Best Buy. Their itunes cards are all 20% off right now. Not sure if it was just for their card-club members or for everyone. TWENTY PERCENT OFF!

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,099. Posted:

@Magi Thanks for the tip! I'll head to Best Buy today and see if they are in my area as well. I loaded up on a Black Friday deal I found and I've pretty much blasted through them already with all of the pre-Christmas iOS sales.

Also, ARC: Squadron and ORC: Vengeance are both FREE right now for iOS. They are both fantastic games that I'd highly recommend giving a download, as well as Bastion is currently on sale for $0.99 cents - it's worth 10x that price - give it a go too. If you really want to have a blast with your new iPhone 5, I'd recommend the HD version of Real Racing 2 and Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders.

I do a lot of iOS reviews these days too and you can find the links to them through my blog in my signature down there at the bottom of my post.

@moomoo Yes, basically every game with a decent budget and releases from here on out. Developers are already optimizing their games for it and Mini too - that's how things work on the iOS Market. Oh, I can also run everything on the Marketplace - meaning older games designed for older hardware run even better on my device. ;)

I love the iOS haters - I really do. I sit down and show people the things on my iPad, because every single time I get the exact same reaction: "Wow! I had no idea that I could play games like that on an iPad!" :D

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

E32014Intern

1,100. Posted:

can people add me on gameloft live ? justinbug2

Temp Intern at Nintendo Treehouse!