Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,099

Vincent294

PinkSpider wrote:

I'm pi##ed off I downloaded Asphalt 6 HD on android and every time I try to download the additional files it crashes can anyone help, as I am getting extremely frustrated now.

Only the DSi Ware one was good, 3D was terrible, and I believe 6 was too.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Bankai

Yeah, don't download Gameloft games. They're universally terrible. That includes Modern Combat, though at least that game has the advantage that there isn't anything better in the FPS genre already on the iPad.

To answer your question though, why not just delete the game and redownload the whole lot?

Lan

Whoa, waltz and i share an opinion!

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Drawdler

99% of Gameloft games are overrated even when hated drivel that aren't worth a penny. The best Gameloft game I've played is Legends of Exidia on DSiWare and even that was passable mostly.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

shingi_70

Dur. Gameloft is the Asylum of Videogames.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

retired_account

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Yeah, don't download Gameloft games. They're universally terrible. That includes Modern Combat, though at least that game has the advantage that there isn't anything better in the FPS genre already on the iPad.

To answer your question though, why not just delete the game and redownload the whole lot?

The Modern Combat games are definitely not "terrible." (I'm really curious as to why you think they are) They absolutely achieve what they intend to: flashy, fast-paced multiplayer shooting. The campaigns are worthless, but that's not the meat of the game. There are some ridiculously fun scenarios in the multiplayer.

My favorite example is CTF on the Avalanche map in MC2. The two teams are on opposite ends of the map with a couple different paths to the other team's base. It usually ends up being a crazy battle with the advantage constantly shifting between teams. Once one team manages to push the other to their base, the respawn times are quick enough so that you'll almost always be a sitting duck if you try to go grab the flag without support from your team. And even if you do, you'll likely be shot in the back if you don't have a teammate covering your retreat.

It's just insane fun. It's not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. The controls are solid once you get your head around them, and IMHO could only be improved if iOS devices had shoulder buttons. The iPad is definitely my favorite device to play FPS's on.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Adam

Finally got a chance to try out some I-games. Hero Academy is as good as it looks, though I am pretty terrible at it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

retired_account

Adam wrote:

Finally got a chance to try out some I-games. Hero Academy is as good as it looks, though I am pretty terrible at it.

Do you have your own iDevice now?

Also, I've been seeing a lot of people talking about Hero Academy, so I'm downloading it now. :3

retired_account

retired_account

Hero Academy is beyond fun. Been having an epic battle with Adam this past week... still not sure who's going to win. I wish you could save replays, because it's really one for the history books.
unless I lose, of course

Finished ME Infiltrator. It was okay. Repetitive and the controls were occasionally frustrating. There's apparently a massive update coming soon though, so hopefully that'll fix some of the issues I've had with it. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Drawdler

So yeah, I've been playing Fancy Pants, and it's a good game, but the controls are just impossible when youre 100%ing

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

shingi_70

So the Ipad 3/HD has made me wait for an android equal for the summer. Was excited at CES and MWC when the ASUS Transformer Infinity 1920X1280 screen. and while That isn't that bad compared to the IPad's 2048X1536 going to wait till the summer.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

retired_account

Puzzle Agent 1 & 2 are only $0.99 right now. Oddy was talking them up last year, so I pounced in them.

retired_account

ThePirateCaptain

Two hidden gems on the App Store are Rhythm Spirit and Radiant. Rhythm Spirit is a classic " tap the button when it hits this point" game, but it has a cool battle feature and an entertaining story. Radiant is Space Invaders esque, but it has a weapon shop where you can buy and upgrade weapons and is quite addictive.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Odnetnin

pixelman wrote:

Puzzle Agent 1 & 2 are only $0.99 right now. Oddy was talking them up last year, so I pounced in them.

Correction: I was talking up Puzzle Agent 1. 2 was a profound disappointment, but at least it completed the story and you're only paying one-tenth of what I paid for it.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

retired_account

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Max Payne is great.

But it has virtual buttons and virtual sticks.

...did someone hack your account?

retired_account

JonWahlgren

Yeah I'm really unsure about Max Payne on iPhone. I'd really like if it was super playable but I kinda don't trust the small screen and potentially imprecise aiming.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

Bankai

pixelman wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Max Payne is great.

But it has virtual buttons and virtual sticks.

...did someone hack your account?

When did I say I had a problem with virtual sticks and buttons

Oh right, actiong game. Rockstar got it right. Controls really nicely.

On the iPad. No idea if it plays well on iPhone, because they're very different gaming platforms.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.