Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,099

bro2dragons

Two of my new favorites: Pew Pew 2 and Gurk for Android.

Pew Pew is free, Pew Pew 2 has more features and is $2.99 USD, but try Pew Pew first, because it's still a very excellent Geometry Wars clone.

Gurk is the oldest of old school 8-bit RPG's but with a tactical grid-based battle system not too unlike a Fire Emblem that gives it a unique feel. I'm loving it. And it's free. Gurk II which I haven't played yet is not free, but I hear it's of even greater quality and only $0.99.

Edited on by bro2dragons

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

bonesy91

Well after a week of downloading and trying out about 30 or so games I think I've found a few I like.
(also I own an android device)

Naught 4/5 (great gravity plat former with a nice story on the side)
Cheese Man 4/5 (A great platformer that pays tribute to Super Meat Boy)
World of goo 5/5 (its world of goo in the palm of your hand!)
Alchemy 4/5 (not really a game, but a fun time killer)
Six-guns 3/5(though it may be a soulless gameloft title, it does offer a nice gameplay experience... minus the lag)
BattleHeart 4/5 (great little game, but feels so empty)

honestly I have to say in my honest opinion I have yet to find an Android game that matches the all around quality of an actual console game. It's like the developer comes up with an idea for a game, but only focuses on one part of the game. Then they just reuse an already done to death, story/gameplay mechanic/game name. I would really like to find a developer who could actually put a little more effort in making a game that doesn't feel dead on the inside.

also other games I tried but just didn't care for:
Robotek 2/5 (I liked the look of the game, but the gameplay was so boring...)
Blood & Glory 2/5 (Androids answer to Infinity blade, I don't see the charm in the game... yeah cut this guy, then that guy... no real end goal here >.>)
Defender II 2/5 (I heard such good things about D and DII that I thought I give it a go... I ended up wasting 20 minutes of my life playing that game)
Coliseum heroes. 1/5 (wow I like gamevil for the most part. But this game is just awful)
Battle fury 2/5 (I hate games that you have to wait until your characters can fight again. Really? no I'm not paying real money just to bring back one thing of life)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Bankai

bonesy91 wrote:

Well after a week of downloading and trying out about 30 or so games I think I've found a few I like.

Six-guns 3/5(though it may be a soulless gameloft title, it does offer a nice gameplay experience... minus the lag)

honestly I have to say in my honest opinion I have yet to find an Android game that matches the all around quality of an actual console game. It's like the developer comes up with an idea for a game, but only focuses on one part of the game. Then they just reuse an already done to death, story/gameplay mechanic/game name. I would really like to find a developer who could actually put a little more effort in making a game that doesn't feel dead on the inside.

Blood & Glory 2/5 (Androids answer to Infinity blade, I don't see the charm in the game... yeah cut this guy, then that guy... no real end goal here >.>)
Defender II 2/5 (I heard such good things about D and DII that I thought I give it a go... I ended up wasting 20 minutes of my life playing that game)
Coliseum heroes. 1/5 (wow I like gamevil for the most part. But this game is just awful)
Battle fury 2/5 (I hate games that you have to wait until your characters can fight again. Really? no I'm not paying real money just to bring back one thing of life)

Are you playing on tablet or phone? It makes a difference.

Aviator

I agree. First time playing it and I am having a blast.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

bonesy91

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

[/div]

Are you playing on tablet or phone? It makes a difference.

its kind of in-between a tablet/phone.
The Samsung Galaxy player 5.0

and we have a Kindle fire in the family aswell, also tried games on it. Still can't find that one title that really pulls me in for more than 20 minutes. :/ but I will keep searching. I know I'll find that golden egg somewhere among the countless bland colored eggs

bonesy91

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Well, now you need to get an iPhone or iPad and Fortune Street.

Only game you'll need for weeks.

haha I would have gotten an Ipod but the problem I had last time is the size is to small for my big hands. and the Ipad is out of my price range.

I noticed today they have Minecraft on the Android market. I may just pay the 6.99 for it... though I've never really known what the end goal was for the game.

Bubbab5

Should I get Minecraft pocket edition or Sonic the Hedghog ep 2 both priced the same and both awesome

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

ThePirateCaptain

Making a disease to destroy the whole world in Plauge Inc is so sadistic and yet so satisfying >:]

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Slapshot

Thanks guys for the SRPG recommendations, I'll try them both out!

If you guys are playing Pocket Planes, then change your Flight Crew name to squadronofshame and join our ranks.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Slapshot

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

Final fantasy Tactics?

Is the most slaptastic SRPG of them ALL!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Sean_Aaron

I just found out yesterday that Llamasoft has been releasing iOS games and bought nearly the lot of them. Great stuff!

Anyone know if there's a Starship Defender-alike for the iPad?

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AlexSays

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

Well, now you need to get an iPhone or iPad and Fortune Street.

Only game you'll need for weeks.

Just bought an Ipad so I better like this game.

Bubbab55 wrote:

Should I get Minecraft pocket edition or Sonic the Hedghog ep 2 both priced the same and both awesome

If you even you even remotely like Sonic, go with that.

There's no point in the Pocket Edition. You'll never spend enough time on your phone to accomplish anything significant, and it's extremely slow in getting updates.

After like two weeks you'll have nothing built and you'll forget you even purchased it. Minecraft has to be played on a PC or on a console, where you can sit for a long time. It's not a game meant to be played in short little spurts, and the mobile controls do it no favors.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AlexSays

That is awesome

Thanks for the heads up!

AlexSays

AlexSays

Hey does anyone know of a good video to download to the new iPad to show off it's retina display?

I know someone with a galaxy 2 tab and apparently they come with a video showing off the screen. I need something along the same lines. YouTube has some high res 4k videos but I'm looking for something I can download since that's always better than streaming..

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

retired_account

I'm jelly of all you guys and your fancy new iPads. Still using my first gen one, haha.

I just bought Reckless Racing 2 for a buck (it's on sale!) and it's pretty sweet. It has more depth than the first one, but I'm missing the hillbilly theme and bluegrass music.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

ThePirateCaptain

The Slidetoplay and TouchArcade apps both give overviews of what games come out every Thursday so you never have to miss big releases again

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Sean_Aaron

I could swear I used to be able to browse game genres on the App store - it's kind of annoying that I cannot do this because there's so many games on the platform and if I'm in the mood for a tower defence game I'd like to just shuffle through the strategy games to find one rather than searching for what others think is the best on review sites.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AlexSays

You can browse by genre.

Just go to categories, games, and then click on games in the top left corner.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.