Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,581 to 47,600 of 48,623

sixrings

@Ky87 for some reason Nintendo doesn't want you to make friends online. Sorry you lack friends for real though. I am 40 so very few people I know game and even fewer play Nintendo switch. So for people like yourself and myself Nintendo isn't in the business of helping us in this regards. Doesn't really matter anyways since there is no voice chat or messaging system.

sixrings

Anti-Matter

@Ky87
Get the Standard version since the Standard version is bigger than Lite model + Standard model can be played on TV while the Lite version cannot.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
Btw, i have realized if Ultrawing also on PS4 (But require PSVR to play).
Gameplay video.

The game also in physical release.
Untitled

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ralizah

@Toy_Link I won't get my hopes up, but that's amazing if true. Even if we don't get mainline Persona, there's no reason we can't get something like Catherine, which was never a PS exclusive in the past.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Eel

My brother has been watching a Catherine let's play on YouTube lately, so I'd bet he's gonna be happy if they do release it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

I never got a chance to play it, so having it on Switch would be a great surprise. I've heard good things

TuVictus

JokerCK

Also Xcom 2:Collection rated for switch to.

JokerCK

link3710

2K and Atlus are actually starting to get on board? Well, better late than never. XCOM 2 I'm super excited for at least.

And wow, Metro Redux looks great on Switch. For a series that always pushes tech hard, it translated pretty well.

EDIT: Oh and Bioshock too of course was 2K (I totally didn't forget they published that). I mean, I was really hoping for Borderlands but with 3 of it's biggest series on Switch now Borderlands can't be THAT far behind... right? Counting Civ V, the only other major series they have are that and Mafia.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

And the floodgates are finally starting to open.

It is what I’ve always said. A lot of these games would be on more platforms if there were more viable alternative platforms. Nintendo has been screwing off for so long that a lot of these companies just gave up on Nintendo as a platform, aside from small budget handheld releases.

But now the tides are turning, and a lot of these games which, even if they weren’t “officially exclusive” were still typically only released on PS, with rare exception, are finally migrating over to the Nintendo Switch.

And I knew X-COM was only a matter of time. After Civ 6 smashed expectations on Switch, outselling both other versions combined on their launch day even a year after it had been released on Switch, there was no way they weren’t going to follow through with more. The surprise is that it’s X-COM 2 though. I was honestly only expecting the first. Since that would be easier to run and they had already released on Vita (though it was a Borderlands 2 quality port).

With Catherine Full Body, X-COM 2, Bioshock Collection, Saints Row 4, Metro Redux duo... we’re seeing stark contrast, very stark contrast, with 2017 expectations. I still remember when Octane was complaining only 1 single 3rd party game was announced that summer (LA Noire) and predictions were grim as ever. Now? We’re more surprised when a game doesn’t eventually get announced. And obviously the expectation of how many games will come over for a portable system that’s closer to last GEN hardware has to be kept in check, and even then it will take several generations to finally bring all the developers back on board that they lost over the last 20 years... but the gains we’ve seen in support the last 24 months have been incredible.

PLAYING
NS: Animal Crossing, Ori and the Blind Forest, Trials of Mana, DOOM64
PC: The Witcher 3, DOOM Eternal, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Monster Hunter World

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Xenoblade HD, Persona 5 S
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Zuljaras

@JaxonH I do not think that "Bioshock Collection" is confirmed yet.

Zuljaras

DannyBoi

@JaxonH They have only announced Metro and Saints row 4. They haven't announced any of the other rated games.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

JaxonH

@Zuljaras @DannyBoi
I’m aware of that.

I never claimed those games specifically were “officially announced”. Catherine and XCOM 2 aren’t “officially announced” either.

But the ratings indicate they’re clearly coming, and will be announced soon enough. That’s the bottom line. The cat is out of the bag.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PC: The Witcher 3, DOOM Eternal, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Monster Hunter World

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020

Jesus is Lord.

DannyBoi

@JaxonH What do you actually think Nintendo's plan for 2020 is?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

JaxonH

@DannyBoi
I don’t have any more information than you do. But obviously their plan is the same one they have every year- sell games. It’s just a question of which ones will finish development and be ready to release this year.

There’s games we know are coming this year:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Brain Age
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Animal Crossing
Xenoblade Chronicles HD
Bravely Default II

There’s games we suspect are coming this year based on evidence:

Pikmin 3
Metroid 2D or Prime Trilogy
Paper Mario

There’s games we know about but don’t know if they’re coming this year:

Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3

And there’s the other games that will actually release that we know nothing about:

???
???
???

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020

Jesus is Lord.

HobbitGamer

@DannyBoi Dolla dolla bills, y’all

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ninfan

@JaxonH I hope we get metroid prime 4, that's why I bought a switch 😁

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Ninfan

@Ky87 I just bought a switch, I bought it to play splatoon 2, you'll sort of make friends playing people with it , they put you on a team of four with each other, it's really good fun. I also bought a switch to play metroid prime 4 if it's out this year and I'm guessing it might be.

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Matthew010

@Anti-Matter Yeah, I'm definitely considering buying it. Supposedly it's £9 instore at GAME, so hopefully I can find a copy soon!

Matthew010

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic