Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,581 to 47,600 of 69,997

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

@Grumblevolcano
I’ve seen practically no interest from people concerning XCOM 2, be it here, Reddit, their YT views, Twitter,

Seems kinda predictable that such a game wouldn't really do much on Nintendo. It doesn't fit the audience really. That a Playstation game, if ever I saw one.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

@Dezzy
While I do agree Nintendo isnt the target platform for such games, Civilization VI did outsell PS and Xbox by a wide margin. Even on the other platforms' release day, Switch version was ranking way ahead.

I think it's a PC game first and foremost. After all that is where it originally released, and where XCOM Chimera just released today. I would think XCOM 2 would potentially outsell PS and Xbox judging by Civilization. And I think 2k probably thought the same. Which is why its surprising seeing it ranking so poorly a month out from release.

Maybe discussion surrounding the game will pick up before launch. But that depends largely on how much they push it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GeeEmm

I’ll be getting XCOM 2 digitally for my Switch, can’t wait!
Haven’t played it in years. I wonder if Chimera Squad will make its way over?

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

Haruki_NLI

I think the reason XCOM may under perform is due to launching day and date not only with Xenoblade but two larger known IP from the same damn publisher.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NintendoByNature

@OorWullie haha I'm surprised I even finished it honestly. I promised myself thats the last game I finish that I'm not enjoying so I dont waste my time

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@OorWullie @NintendoByNature
Man, I LOVE Bastion! It's not really that long, and it's so much fun to experiment with the different weapons. I thought it was cool, but I really dig the twitchy action titles.

I played through XCOM 2 on PC when it came out. Great game, though I'm not really a strategy fan. It's definitely not a console game, per say. I know lines are moving all the time, but strategy really feels best with keyboard and mouse, in my opinion. Though Civ and XCOM aren't too bad because they're not real-time like Warcraft, Age of Empires, Command and Conquer, etc.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault Halo Wars works well with controller though I do wonder if perhaps the reason Gears Tactics is releasing later on Xbox is to be a Series X launch window title and Series X has some more unannounced PC-esque features.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@JaxonH Yeah, XCOM 2 has been a must buy ever since I played Mario vs Rabbids and heard how similar it was to XCOM. It's more a matter of poor timing than any lack of interest from me. But yeah, XCOM 2 is sadly looking to be a bit of a flop, though honestly I feel like it also has a decent chance of recovering some of that ground through positive word of mouth.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

51 Clubhouse Games has now become a must buy. I knew for awhile that Microsoft Office became a subscription service but I didn't realize until recently that Microsoft's pretty much made everything on PC that used to be free in the XP days into subscription services. I'd much rather buy 51 Clubhouse Games in that case.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NapiLinkJC

@Grumblevolcano I agree . Clubhouse games got it’s hooks in me from the moment I saw it’s basically a crossover of Wii Sports and Wii Play. Definitely must buy!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0086-9314-8714

Switch Name: NapiLinkJC

JaxonH

Clubhouse Games looks legit. The first and last mini game collection I’ll ever need.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

Mmm yeah I'll join that train. Can't say I was expecting or wanting it, but it's a game I'll definitely be getting.

link3710

Ninfan

Does anyone play fast RMX online ?

Ninfan

Dezzy

Imagine if because of the fact that SquareEnix's main team will be focusing on FF7 Remake for most of the next decade, they decided that FF16 will be done by one of their secondary teams, and they decided to make it a Switch exclusive.
How cool would that be? They could surely justify a big budget Switch game, given its huge install base, especially in Japan.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

Switch justifies a lot more than it currently receives. But I dont think an exclusive mainline FF is in the cards. Only Sony gets such a privilege because they pay for it, and only as a temporary timed exclusive, which nobody will even remember a year from now when it's on like 5 different platforms.

Unless Nintendo decides to start moneyhatting in the same manner, which I very seriously doubt.

Still, Switch does justify more than its getting. Way more. But at the same time, we're seeing way, way, way better support than 3DS or Vita ever got, combined, even. I can live with that. The dream of a portable PS3 is basically reality now, with Nintendo's exclusives stacked on top of it (and the best exclusive spread they've dealt in decades).

I dont even care about Switch getting exclusives at this point (aside from 1st party). I just want ports of all the best games. Specifically, 7th gen games from PS3/360 era, and as many 8th gen ports as it can handle. Getting Final Fantasy X/X-2 and Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age on Switch meant far more to me than any new game or exclusive.

Just stack it with as many ports as possible. That's all I ask for. Each and every good game brought over is one more that gains its handheld hybrid freedom.

Gamer83

@JaxonH
Agreed. But we don't even need to look outside the realm of Nintendo systems for a bunch of ports I'd love to see. It's not perfect but the joycon is close enough to the Wii remote that I'd love to see as many of the Wii's best games as possible get a port. For starters? MadWorld (still my favorite Platinum game after Bayonetta 1), No More Heroes 1 and 2, Sin & Punishment Star Successor, The Last Story and Klonoa.

Gamer83

NintendoWiiDS

Does anyone think a Persona 5 Switch port has been commissioned yet? With Joker in Smash, Q2 on 3DS and Scramble potentially receiving a western release, is Persona 5 possible? I know the mainline entries in the Persona series have always been Sony exclusive titles, but with Royal releasing on PS4 recently, does that make the original version more feasible to arrive on Switch, with PS4 keeping the enhanced version as an exclusive? A recent Atlus Switch survey listed the game as an option, so they are no doubt considering. And financially speaking, Persona 5 would do gangbusters on the platform and I really want to play it because it seems like the sort of game I would very much enjoy, but I only care about Nintendo systems. Also, the game was developed as a PS3 title so it could definitely run on Switch, no questions asked.

NintendoWiiDS

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic