Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,561 to 47,580 of 69,964

OorWullie

Just spotted an odd thing with my Switch which I think has only occurred since the last update. If I choose to Sort Software 'By Title' or 'By Publisher', it takes exactly 20 seconds to display the tiles. 'Longest Play Time' loads as normal though,1 second tops.

I rarely use the Sort Software option but for sure it didn't take that long before.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

link3710

@JaxonH https://twitter.com/PanzDragWorld/status/1253338278113054722

I think you were the one who mentioned being disappointed in Panzer Dragoon not including gyro? Looks like they're patching this game into shape thankfully.

List of updates for those curious:

• HD Rumble
  • 60FPS is added
  • Input lag reduced/rotation improved
  • Gyro controls
  • Sound effects are reworked
  • Several face button to fire/lock
  • Auto lock system as an option
  • Episode 0 added
  • New game mode (performance?)
  • New gameplay options
  • New cheat codes
  • Options accessible from pause menu
  • Dragon animation reworked
  • Game language based on console language at first launch
  • Secret menu called Pandora Box in Remake now accessible once the game is beaten regardless of difficulty

Patch is completed and being verified, but no release date since COVID means they don't know when NoJ will approve.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Ralizah

That's a lot. Sounds like the game launched unfinished, and these post-launch patches are putting it into the sort of shape it should have been in when it first released.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

link3710

@Ralizah Yeah, pretty sure you hit the nail on the head there. If this gets it into proper shape I'll finally bite the bullet and buy it most likely.

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 I like rail shooters well enough, but the game sounds unsubstantial enough that I'd need a considerable discount to bite. We really need a Sin & Punishment game, or something along those lines.

Although if the new gameplay options are something decent, that might do it.

RE: Animal Crossing, 10 million seems like a given. There's no way it didn't do more than three million physical outside of Japan.

link3710

@Ralizah We're getting Panzer Dragoon II Zwei next year, which I've heard is significantly better than the first one. Considering they've done the work of polishing the remake engine now, I'm hoping that one releases in much better shape.

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 A remake of the second game was confirmed? I'll probably just wait for that, then.

@IceClimbers A Hat in Time was $30 as well. It's definitely on the highest end of the indie game spectrum, but it seems to be a mostly accepted price point for a premium indie game or one in an established brand with some level of clout to it. Although I'll be interested to see how the new Shantae sells at that price point. I remember people whining about the $19.99 price point of Pirate's Curse years ago, although I think it could be argued that Switch owners have been conditioned to pay higher prices for indies than most other console install bases. I'm perfectly happy to part with $29.99 for the game (I budgeted $39.99 for it, just to be safe), but I could see that being a bit of an ask for most people, given the fact that it's a side-scroller and not something people tend to be intensely nostalgic about like Streets of Rage.

Edited on by Ralizah

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah Maybe the timed Switch exclusivity (the Direct Mini said it was timed Switch exclusive) is essentially early access so the good quality product is in place when it launches on other consoles.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@link3710
Wait what???!! For real??!!

I never thought in a million years they'd patch in gyro! And not only gyro but HD rumble, 60fps and tons of other stuff!

Idk what to say to that. It's amazing.

I still think it needs a save/resume feature but, with all these additions it may be so fun I can actually stomach a full playthrough in one go (it's not that long of a game and can always use the home button with sleep mode to suspend).

Now I regret not ordering the Sega CD style collector edition. Just ordered the normal one because ya, I was a little disappointed but now, it's basically 100%. Well, let's say 95% due to lack of suspend feature.

@Ralizah
I've long given up hope for Sin & Punishment 3. But even an HD port of Sin & Punishment 2 would more than suffice. That is, to this day, my favorite on rails shooter of all time.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Lucarianzx

Transistor is such a good game for the price, I also got Bastion and apparently its similar to transistor (I know it came first) I really can't wait to finish the game. The story's good.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

NintendoByNature

@Lucarianzx I heard a lot of love for bastion so I bought it. It was actually very repetitive and bland. The only saving grace was the narrator. It was boring beyond belief for me at least

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Lucarianzx

@NintendoByNature Well it was like $2 so if I don't like it it's not like I wasted a fortune on a game. That was Pokemon Sword.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I’ve seen practically no interest from people concerning XCOM 2, be it here, Reddit, their YT views, Twitter, wherever... which is really odd to me given it’s regarded as one of the best strategy video games of all time, and the only key strategy game the Switch was really missing. Civ VI a got a ton of love, but XCOM 2, it’s like it was never even announced.

They need to promote it more, a lot more, because people just aren’t paying attention to it. It’s not like on other platforms where these kinds of games sell themselves. On Switch, unless a game falls in a certain genre or has a certain artstyle, you really have to cram it in peoples’ faces over and over again before they finally take notice and say ah, maybe I should look into that. And typically, unless it’s Nintendo themselves doing the cramming, it still isn’t enough.

Right now, XCOM 2 is at #3,500 in the Amazon rankings. I’ve seen shovelware with higher placement than that. It’s unreal. We’ll have to see if Nintendo puts out any more videos. They need to start promoting the Bioshock games too (#1750). Borderlands is the only one people seem to be showing any semblance of interest in at #1000, but that’s not exactly great. Typically games of this caliber should get into the #300-500 range a month out from release. #800-1000 if they’re less popular.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I think it's a mixture of people picking just Xenoblade out of the crazy lineup from late May onwards (starts with Wonderful 101 and ends with Catherine) and the situation regarding the large downloads.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@JaxonH I'll be honest, the fact that it's barely on cart means I'm just getting a digital copy most likely. Still a bit undecided but... that's probably what will happen.

...plus I don't want to bite the bullet and buy Borderlands, XCOM, Catherine and Bioshock when I know I won't have time to play them thanks to Xenoblade. So much coming so fast. I'll probably get them in the fall when they inevitably go on sale 60% off.

link3710

Tyranexx

For anyone interested in SteamWorld Quest, it's half off again according to a watchlist email. I suspect the other SteamWorld games are discounted, too. I'm tempted, but I might hold out for a physical release for the time being.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ralizah

@JaxonH I mean, there's a limit to how much interest these random collections of full-priced old games are going to command. Especially something like XCOM 2, where even I'm skeptical about how well it'll perform. If you played or have seen footage of XCOM on PS Vita, you'll understand the hesitation.

And it certainly doesn't help that they'll be competing with a niche but still anticipated first-party Nintendo release at the same time.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I mean ya, I understand that. Certainly the Xenoblade on the same day. At the same time, we've had years of watching sales ranking metrics to have a good idea of what to expect and what range is considered "normal". XCOM 2 is not in a good place right now, even accounting for Xenoblade and unknown performance (though that hasn't stopped previous releases so, Idk why that would change now).

I had XCOM on Vita. It was not good. But neither was Borderlands 2 and that collection is doing much better in comparison.

So while I think it explains it to some extent, and while I'm sure theres a small minority here who are put off by a download, that isnt going to have a major impact, as it hasn't impacted any other game before it.

I think the game just needs a marketing push. They need to show the fanbase what it is, why its acclaimed, and why a Switch version is a valuable proposition.

@link3710
No doubt releasing all those games at once is having an impact. That said, you're still showing interest, even if its "I may have to buy on sale or down the line".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic